Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

Well I'd like for it to keep on trucking like COIE never happened.

Then add some of the later Infinitors and children of ASS/JSA (Rich, Jesse, Beth, etc). Maybe have some of the older JSAers retire so some Infinitors can move up like they wanted and Infinity Inc doesn't get too bloated. Then some of the more modern JSAers (Jakeem, Stargirl, Cyclone, Sand, etc). Then maybe eventually that Justice Society Infinity idea, but that would be way later.

I'd really prefer it not get totally bloated by Superman and Batman characters like New 52 Earth 2 did immediately after Robinson left. Peeg and Huntress should be enough for a long while. I could stomach maybe having Earth 2 Dick and Val Zod, but that's it.

I want to see everything start over - WWII era, the origins of all the heroes, getting together in the JSA, etc. Do that a few years, until they are forced to retire, then jump to a modern iteration of the team, with a few of the originals still around (one can imagine Alan and Jay's powers slowing the aging process, maybe Hourman's Miraclo also keeping him young, Hawkman reborn, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Depends if we're talking Silver Age Earth Two which contained the Golden Age characters (JSA, All-Star Squadron) or the nu52 Earth 2 which contained modern versions of the original characters. Personally, I'd be against most Earth 2 characters that are versions of those who appeared on Earth 1 first like Barbara Gordon. Exceptions are characters like Stargirl, Cyclone, and legacies of JSA related folks.

Earth 2's main reason for being has always been the home of the Alan GL and Jay Flash. That, except for the nu52 has included a longer history of superheroes and multiple generations. Nu52 Earth 2 didn't reflect this, instead using basically an alternate Justice League. If Earth 2 is ever used again, I'd rather it be based on the Silver Age Earth Two world. Paul Levitz and Gerry Conway restarted the All-Star run and Roy Thomas took it from there. If it were my call, I'd change the world to better reflect decades of superheroics and their effects on culture, science, and governments. Power Girl and Helena Wayne are musts. The eighties legacies and Val Zod are also welcome.

The beauty of an Earth 2 that isn't locked into our Earth or whatever DC's calling their main Earth this week is that dates no longer matter. If super heroes have changed history enough, especially culturally, it can be 1985, 2005, or 2025 and no one needs worry about fashion. Just pick a year where the generations work out (like with Infinity, Inc.) and go from there.

But I'd stick with the original Earth Two with Val Zod thrown in.
    Meh. I didn't like Val-Zod. I want the Roy Thomas’ Earth 2 but with time progression. So basically the E-2 from the first annual of Johns’ second JSoA run which had a lot of the Infinitors and Helena Wayne in the JSoA.

I also want the original Earth 2 Dick Grayson back In a relationship with the Helena Wayne Huntress. I want the PG/Huntress friendship back and I want to see more of the Earth 2 Roy Harper than we got to see under Roy Thomas.

They should bring back the All Star Squadron as well (led by the Earth 2 Roy Harper)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Meh. I didn't like Val-Zod. I want the Roy Thomas’ Earth 2 but with time progression. So basically the E-2 from the first annual of Johns’ second JSoA run which had a lot of the Infinitors and Helena Wayne in the JSoA.

I also want the original Earth 2 Dick Grayson back In a relationship with the Helena Wayne Huntress. I want the PG/Huntress friendship back and I want to see more of the Earth 2 Roy Harper than we got to see under Roy Thomas.

They should bring back the All Star Squadron as well (led by the Earth 2 Roy Harper)
    I also hated Val Zod. Could have worked, but was forced into it, and with no actual crossover work, leaving the concept rather dead.

Astonishing Member

Val Zod is an absolute must for me. I'd also like to see Aquawoman, Power Girl, Helena, Dr. Fate, etc. Though from what it sounds like, Val Zod might be part of 5g so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Val Zod is an absolute must for me. I'd also like to see Aquawoman, Power Girl, Helena, Dr. Fate, etc. Though from what it sounds like, Val Zod might be part of 5g so we'll see.
    Val Zod works for me. Aquawoman seems too much like a female Aquaman and an attempt to make Earth 2 characters have direct main DC Earth alternates. Val Zod and Power Girl are two very different characters and would be interesting to play off each other in their attitudes, temperaments and use of powers.

Extraordinary Member

And let's please keep Val Zod very far from PG...or any other minimally competent and good heroic character, lest Val Zod's sheer awfulness rubs off. There is only one character in the DCU who is more useless in every way than Harley Quinn IMO, and that's Val Zod. If they just bring back Earth 2 as though COIE had never happened, then there's no need for him anyway. They've still got the original accept no substitutes Superman, Kal-L. And, as Power Girl noted when Val Zod was claiming to be Superman, actually, the role of Superman in that universe was to be played by HER, skipping Captain Useless.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Easily the WWII Era of the JSA

Not broke, don't fix it.

I didn't like the Val Zod/Alan Scott Ideas