Default Potential ongoing character stories

SPOILERS FOR:
    Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: Saturn Returns, Long Night at Goloski Station, Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: The Beast of Vargu, Sir Edward Grey Witchfinder: The Gates of Heaven, Rasputin: The Voice of the Dragon, Rise of the Black Flame, The Great Blizzard, The Longest Night, Crimson Lotus.
    ### Do not read any further if you are not caught up on the above stories ###

Potential ongoing character stories

After learning about the upcoming Knights of Hagan series (and the short story in the recent Hellboy Christmas Special 2019), I decided to have a little read of more recent stories. There’s a wealth of characters we could see more of. I thought I’d list some below*. And these are just the characters from recent stories, lots more.

* Apologies in advance to Mark if you have covered these in your Hellnotes, I’ve not had chance to re-read everything.

Agent Kinsley
    Unclear if this was her first case or assignment with Hellboy.
    Story - Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: Saturn Returns (August 2019) - 1975 Tatoskok Falls case
    Special Agent Oates
    Has worked with Hellboy before. I believe we haven’t seen that story yet (I did ask the CBR community here - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Saturn-Returns).
    Story - Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: Saturn Returns (August 2019) - 1975 Tatoskok Falls
    Dr MacIntyre
    Involved with the 1975 case, but unlikely we’ll see him again.
    Story - Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: Saturn Returns (August 2019) - 1975 Tatoskok Falls
    Yad Tovich
    Used to drink with Edward Grey before the Ripper case and the fall-out with Queen Victoria. Mid-seventeenth century - His father (Igor) was a hunter, mauled by a wolf. To save himself he signed a contract with the Devil, condemning his wife and daughter (Sasha) who were then eaten by wolves and sent to Hell. The son escaped and refused to die – hunting werewolves.
    Mark Tweedale points out the link between Long Night at Goloski Station and Hellboy: In the Chapel of Moloch – the buttons of Bishop Zrinyi (Source: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/re...loski-station/).
    Story - Long Night at Goloski Station (October 2019) - 1967, Goloski Train Station
    Romani mother and daughter
    We don’t get names in either story. Could we see them again?
    Story - Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: The Beast of Vargu / Secret God of the Roma (June 2019) - 1962, Romania
    Simon Bruttenholm
    Member of the British Paranormal Society, associate of Sir Edward Grey, uncle of Trevor Bruttenholm.
    Links:
    Lady Cynthia Eden Jones
    Medium, associate of Simon Bruttenholm.
    Dennis Peters, Reginald Sheldrake
    Former members of the Heliopic Brotherhood of Ra, associates of Simon Bruttenholm
    Honora Grant (with Simon Bruttenholm)
    Member of the British Paranormal Society, associate of Sir Edward Grey
    Appearances so far:
    Sir Edward Grey Witchfinder: The Gates of Heaven TPB (January 2019) - October 1884, London
    Rasputin: The Voice of the Dragon (July 2018) - June 1941
    Sandu, A.N.
    Ex-Imperial Police, involved Sara Jewell in Siam, hunting for the Cult of the Black Flame. Hunted Rasputin with Trevor Bruttenholm, died in action in 1941.
    His partner Geoffrey McAllister (died 1923) had witnessed Sir Eward Grey and Sarah Jewell fighting a beast in Ludgate Circus.
    Appearances so far:
    Rise of the Black Flame (May 2017) – May 1923
    Harry Middleton
    Eton Ghost Club with Trevor Bruttenholm and Billy Connolly.
    Recent appearances:
    Sara Jewell
    Associate of Edward Grey. Part of the Silver Lantern Club. Investigated a poltergeist, Ludgate Circus monster, manticore, Chutt Warriors (in Yeti form – the Memnan Saa allies) and more.
    Links:
    Marie-Therese Lafleur – met Sara in the Louisiana Bayou.
    Notable recent appearances:
    The Great Blizzard (Hellboy: Winter Special 2017) – March 1891
    Rise of the Black Flame (May 2017) – May 1923
    The Longest Night (Hellboy: Winter Special 2019) – December 1924
    The Foundry
    Members include:
    James Frasier Burke (Colonel)
    Quinlan Maddox (Professor)
    Karam Singh (Major)
    Story - Sir Edward Grey Witchfinder: The Gates of Heaven TPB (January 2019) - October 1884, London
    Saint John of the Cross Police Hospital
    Members include:
    Lewis (Doctor)
    Manley (Doctor)
    Goad (Miss)
    Silk (Mr.)
    Story – various Sir Edward Grey Witchfinder series
    Dai Jieh and Shengli
    Teamed up against the Crimson Lotus in 1932. So much potential for these two characters, especially to learn more about the magic of Shengli.
    Story - Crimson Lotus (July 2019) - 1932
    ---------

A Sarah Jewell series is a must. I think it would be great to see Simon Bruttenholm in his own story too. Dia and Shengli deserve another run.

I'd love more with the various clubs we are seeing - the Silver Lantern Club, the Eton Ghost Club, the British Paranormal Society, and the Foundry. I am sure I have missed out many others.

We are getting a Knights of Saint Hagan series. And I think we can safely say we haven't seen the end of Simon Anders.
    I'll read more and possibly add to this post when I come across other characters who need more comic time.
    Last edited by timbolton; 01-18-2020 at 02:32 PM.
    “Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.” -- Hellboy.
    “Dude, you’re embarrassing me in front of the Wizards.” -- Tony Stark.

A Sarah Jewell series is a must. I think it would be great to see Simon Bruttenholm in his own story too. Dia and Shengli deserve another run.
    Agree, agree, agree.
    I'd love more with the various clubs we are seeing - the Silver Lantern Club, the Eton Ghost Club, the British Paranormal Society, and the Foundry. I am sure I have missed out many others.
    I strongly suspect this current arc is the last arc of Sir Edward Grey: Witchfinder. I suspect it will be followed by a new series, The Silver Lantern Club, with Grey as part of an ensemble, not the sole lead.

Eh, I don't really need any new character solo books. But to be honest, if it isn't written by Mignola alone, at this point it's a pass for me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Eh, I don't really need any new character solo books. But to be honest, if it isn't written by Mignola alone, at this point it's a pass for me.
    You’re missing out if you aren’t reading Witchfinder, man. Still, I get it. Nothing quite like a Mignola book.

I've only read the first Witch finder series for some reason. I'll fix that some day.

But, between Allie and Roberson, the quality of the writing in these books is really poor. To the point that it's hurting my feelings about the Mignolaverse as a whole. So I stopped.

I don't really need every year of Hellboy's time in the BPRD filled in, and certainly not if done poorly.

I would love to see more of Yad Tovich and the Eton Ghost Club as well. I can't wait for the Knights of Hagan series. My ultimate wish would be for some random stories out of Hell, maybe more of Witchfinder's journey in the afterlife?

All-New Member

'' It is the doom of men, that they forget''...….Merlin in Excalibur the Movie....We shouldn't forget Mohlomi, the Fairies or Elihu Cavendish....

All-New Member

Middenway's idea, Frankenstein's shorts...er.. stories. Is an excellent character for anthologies.....

Fantastic Member

An Ota Benga mini would be pretty cool.