Spectacular Member

Default Is Harley Quin still romantically intact to the Joker?

Hi guys

For a few years now, Harley Quin has gone through a remarkable transformation. Once a character linked to the Joker by an illusion of romance, she became her own self and became one of DC's interesting characters.

But because I haven't been keeping an eye on her stories for a while, I need to ask this:

Is Harley Quin still romantically intact to the Joker?

And if she isn't, then is it safe to say that she has got passed him and doesn't need him in her life?

No as far as I can tell she most certainly isn’t involved with him anymore, DC at this point if I had to say is considering whether or not they should actually go all in on the possible Harley Poison Ivy relationship.

To the second part yes, she does not need him in her life and her ongoing as far as I can tell has pretty much moved past him entirely and is more about her as a character and what she wants.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

The current Harley Quinn animated series, and the upcoming Birds Of Prey / Harley Quinn film, both begin from a "I'm leaving the Joker" status quo.

Incredible Member

I kind of think that her character is such that it's hard to separate her completely from the Joker, even if they're broken up. For example, he's still a pretty big character on the Harley Quinn animated show. And when they're not together, her character is kind of all ABOUT her independence from him, her "breaking free," etc.

I personally think she was created to be a sidekick character and she doesn't work well as a sole protagonist.

I feel that much like some characters. She will always ben tied to the Joker. Even if the cartoon, isn't 100% over him.

Incredible Member

of current, no, but always a looming yes at any time.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I kind of think that her character is such that it's hard to separate her completely from the Joker, even if they're broken up. For example, he's still a pretty big character on the Harley Quinn animated show. And when they're not together, her character is kind of all ABOUT her independence from him, her "breaking free," etc.

I personally think she was created to be a sidekick character and she doesn't work well as a sole protagonist.
    Harley was created for the old animated Batman show that aired years ago as a sidekick to the Joker, her character then became so popular that DC added her to the comics and now she is who she is...