Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    She has every right to it.
    It wasn't like Betsy had any choice in using Kwannon's face.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Betsy became a very famous hero using Kwannon’s body and martial arts skills and the psychic weapons didn’t happen till she was in Kwannon’s body. Kwannon (not her real name anyway) has rights to the name Psylocke because it’s her past as well. Betsy is Captain Britain now.
    Kwannon keeps the code name PERIODT
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It wasn't like Betsy had any choice in using Kwannon's face.
    But it's not like she actually made any effort to regain her old one back.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

These coments prove we need a book ar at least an arc or issue where they both address this, because it's not Betsy's fault...It was poor editorial decisions....so we need to stop pointing fingers... They are both here now, Betsy is reconnecting with her roots and Kwannon is finally being given the respect she deserves...we need to have sorority between both.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Extraordinary Member

Kwannon x Forge.

Such a random pairing.

I just re-read Hellions 1-5 and Kwannon has quickly become one of my favorites. She is straightforward, hyper competent, completely aware of your own emotional shortcomings, and a great foil for this flamboyant version of Mr. Sinister. She is humorously lying in wait for something...I'm just not sure what that is yet.
    Plus her interactions with new antihero Greycrow is giving me some interesting vibes. (Maybe Sora has a different daddy)

But it's not like she actually made any effort to regain her old one back.
    What could she have done about the situation? Her old body was destroyed and there was no means of reversing the body switch as far as she was aware.

Frankly, Kwannon should be more mad at Matsuo for causing the entire mess than Betsy who was an innocent victim in all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    These coments prove we need a book ar at least an arc or issue where they both address this, because it's not Betsy's fault...It was poor editorial decisions....so we need to stop pointing fingers... They are both here now, Betsy is reconnecting with her roots and Kwannon is finally being given the respect she deserves...we need to have sorority between both.
    Agreed.

Extraordinary Member

What could she have done about the situation? Her old body was destroyed and there was no means of reversing the body switch as far as she was aware.

Frankly, Kwannon should be more mad at Matsuo for causing the entire mess than Betsy who was an innocent victim in all of this.
    Why can't she be mad at both? And c'mon, if somebody were walking around in your body (after it was taken away from you against your will, I might add) for years with barely the slightest bit acknowledgement that it belonged to someone else, you'd be a little bit sore, too.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Why can't she be mad at both? And c'mon, if somebody were walking around in your body (after it was taken away from you against your will, I might add) for years with barely the slightest bit acknowledgement that it belonged to someone else, you'd be a little bit sore, too.
    The problem is not the character of Kwannon being made to the character of Betsy....it's the hate and rift coming from fans who know exactly what the problem with this poor decision was. Not everything has to be a competition.

That's why we need them to talk it out during a cool mission where they will have to deal with it and move on. They don't need to be friends but they can work it out and respect each other. Since they are both great powerful female characters and we don't need more female characters hating each other.

Why can't she be mad at both?
    Because it wasn't Betsy's fault? And even that still makes more sense than her being angry at only Betsy as if the mind swap was her idea. Hell, for a time Kwannon herself was using Betsy's body yet I don't recall Betsy holding that against her.

And c'mon, if somebody were walking around in your body (after it was taken away from you against your will, I might add) for years with barely the slightest bit acknowledgement that it belonged to someone else, you'd be a little bit sore, too.
    If I had used the other person's body without their permission as well and worked for the people who actually caused the mind swap, I don't think I'd have much room to talk. Kwannon isn't a totally innocent victim here. Both of them had things taken from them but Kwannon is the one who made a conscious decision to take Betsy's code name.

I also don't see how you can claim Betsy didn't have the slightest bit acknowledgement that she was in Kwannon's body when it was frequently a source of angst for her.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-15-2020 at 01:43 PM.

Because it wasn't Betsy's fault? And even that still makes more sense than her being angry at only Betsy as if the mind swap was her idea. Hell, for a time Kwannon herself was using Betsy's body yet I don't recall Betsy holding that against her.

If I had used the other person's body without their permission as well and worked for the people who actually caused the mind swap, I don't think I'd have much room to talk. Kwannon isn't a totally innocent victim here. Both of them had things taken from them but Kwannon is the one who made a conscious decision to take Betsy's code name.

I also don't see how you can claim Betsy didn't have the slightest bit acknowledgement that she was in Kwannon's body when it was frequently a source of angst for her.
    This!

Also, taking the codename out of spite just seems off character for her, considering the way she's been written as a confident badass. She would be above it IMO. It was just an editorial sloppy decision.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    This!

Also, taking the codename out of spite just seems off character for her, considering the way she's been written as a confident badass. She would be above it IMO. It was just an editorial sloppy decision.
    Hmmm...I think being kept from your own body for a number of years would make most anyone a bit spiteful.

Hmmm...I think being kept from your own body for a number of years would make most anyone a bit spiteful.
    Maybe. It wouldn't mean they were right to be. Especially if they were spiteful towards the wrong person.

Maybe. It wouldn't mean they were right to be. Especially if they were spiteful towards the wrong person.
    Exactly! It would be very narrow minded and not very emotionally mature. And Kwannon seems to be the opposite of those traits. The spite seems to be coming more from outside then from within character's logic.

BANNED

So glad to see her alive and well! Well, alive at least.

Hellions #8
    Zeb Wells (W), Stephen Segovia (A/C)
    Smile!
    It was a simple mission: retrieve Nanny's ship and create a new containment armor for the recently resurrected Orphan-Maker. But the emergence of an old enemy and his deadly warriors make their renewed life a hell on Earth for the Hellions!