Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Wondering does this mean some of or all of them survive their X of Swords mission? Still counting the days until she gets a new uniform.

Now that her hair and costume are officially black should they continue to separate her from Betsy by developing something unique with her powers, or should they stick with what's recognizable with the Jim Lee look and psy-knife attack?

I would rather Betsy take back the Psylocke name and ditch the Captain Britain moniker, while keeping the purple theme and butterfly effect to her ecstatic. Kwannon can keep the sleeker ninja look but make it look different than Jim Lee's design but keeping the red sash and psy-knife. I just don't know what her name should be, because I hate Revanche and Kwannon.
    Last edited by Alphaxman; 10-26-2020 at 07:55 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I would love it if Wells developed her powers beyond the psychic knife.
    Kwannon was a low-level psi/telepath before Betsy so it could be interesting to see that telepathic power grow in new and different ways that fully underscores her separation and difference from Betsy. With a change of costume to match (something similar to her Lady Mandarin armor/look, perhaps.)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Now that her hair and costume are officially black should they continue to separate her from Betsy by developing something unique with her powers, or should they stick with what's recognizable with the Jim Lee look and psy-knife attack?

I would rather Betsy take back the Psylocke name and ditch the Captain Britain moniker, while keeping the purple theme and butterfly effect to her ecstatic. Kwannon can keep the sleeker ninja look but make it look different than Jim Lee's design but keeping the red sash and psy-knife. I just don't know what her name should be, because I hate Revanche and Kwannon.
    I'm one of those who agrees with you. I think Kwannon should keep the ninja look aesthetics in black and red (maybe do the psychic knife also read instead of pink) and Betsy should keep the pink powers, the butterfly and the purple hair and costume. As for the codename I guees Mrvel really wants Psylocke to be the ninja so I guess they will never give it back to Betsy.

something along these lines :

kwannon-betsy.jpg
    betsy-kwannon.jpg
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 10-26-2020 at 01:34 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

I think there’s no reason for Elizabeth to leave Captain Britain aside. Other world is a huge part of her heritage abd finally they put her in the stories she always belong. The stories she was in before the X-Men. People recognize ninja Osylocke as Osylocke due to film and video games which is why Kwannon keeps the name.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think there’s no reason for Elizabeth to leave Captain Britain aside. Other world is a huge part of her heritage abd finally they put her in the stories she always belong. The stories she was in before the X-Men. People recognize ninja Osylocke as Osylocke due to film and video games which is why Kwannon keeps the name.
    Yes I know. That's why I think Kwannon will keep the name...but i sure do hope at one point Marvel gives Betsy another role. As a mutant tied to Otherworld but not captain Britain. And give her the butterfly back.

Kwannon as a ninja with a psychic knife (event if red) will still be recognazible to general fans.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Kwannon - black hair, black costume, psychic knife, no butterfly, anti hero, secondary mutation shadow powers

Betsy- butterflies, telepathy, psycho blast, purple hair, new non-armor costume, star sword, no telekinesis, secondary mutation Otherworld magick abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Wondering does this mean some of or all of them survive their X of Swords mission? Still counting the days until she gets a new uniform.
    I assume OM dies...or is forced to be resurrected..
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post

I would love if they gave Besty back her Psylocke name and give Kwannon the codename Psyche. Little play on the words Lock and Key
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

They are using the popularity of Asian body Psylocke in the 90s and her appearances in video games. She was the most well known Asian character in X-Men so for political reasons Kwannon keeps the name. It’s lead to Kwannon/Osylocke headlining two books, Fallen Angels, now Hellions.

People will get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    Kwannon - black hair, black costume, psychic knife, no butterfly, anti hero, secondary mutation shadow powers

Betsy- butterflies, telepathy, psycho blast, purple hair, new non-armor costume, star sword, no telekinesis, secondary mutation Otherworld magick abilities
    This would be good.

Teleportation suits the assassin-like visage Kwannon has and calls back to her Hand origin, while Betsy since she is being pushed into more of an Otherworld connection could benefit from something that sets her apart from the dozens of telepath/telekinetic hybrids. The only point for Betsy's TK however is that she has used that ability A LOT in the form of psionic weapon construction for her sword and shield in Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I would love if they gave Besty back her Psylocke name and give Kwannon the codename Psyche. Little play on the words Lock and Key
    OK, I love this.

Mighty Member

I think it would be both random and cool if he’s started displaying the Crimson Dawn powers. I’d be ok without the mark, but it would be interesting to see how she handles the trouble that comes with that. Like randomly backs into a shadow and appears somewhere else and is like “wtf?!”.

I would actually love for her to have the shadow porting abilities from the CD. Especially since in the sisterhoold arc Betsy had to fight the Demon/Shadow version of herself. They can just retcon that as Kwannon fighting to get out.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post

I like this. It should be simple enough. I think Betsy should get that short lived costume she had during Disassembled. I'm not big on the Otherworld stuff though, I would leave that to Brian .