Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

This version of Kwannon I like. Efficient. Slyly compassionate. Baddass.
    I want to follow this character for a long time. I feel like Greycrow has the potential to be and excellent second in command

I posted this in the Hellion thread but I'll double dip and put it here

My wish for next issue is for it to be revealed that Maddie is the one that brought Kwannon back. FA revealed that she had been lingering around in Betsy's body and that only makes sense if it happened during the Sisterhood arc when Maddie used her magics to bring Psylocke back and had Betsy switch bodies with the body that Spiral stiched together. Betsy fought a demonic version of herself, which in retrospect would make sense if it were Kwannon. After Betsy defeated her, Kwannon lay dormant in her head until Betsy died in MiM.

Zeb really needs to connect the stories especially since both characters are here

Wow. That would be a good way to tie up loose ends.

That would be a great way to tie it up & I know there was debate back then on what the evil entity in Bets' head was. Whether it was Kwannon pissed off or was it just some sort of shadow entity/control influence put in there by Maddie. It would def read organic but it feels like lately the X writers are trying to forget a lot about Utopia & the Bay Area adventures outside of some more major things like Hope. Not sure if it's just laziness or editorial decision.

At the same time, if it was Kwannon in her head & they retconning it to her having been caged away in there, some Betsy fans will be super pissed.

There's a very vocal contingent of them who hate that reveal from Fallen Angles, that Kwannon had been in there for some time & either Betsy couldn't hear her or ignored it.

Isn't there enough retconning already? No need to add more, especially if they make Betsy either a horrible person or an incompetent psychic.

I think they don't need to look past the original body-swap story as for why Kwannon was inside Betsy(lol). Their minds had been somewhat merged, so it can just be explained as that there was always a part of both minds in each body, it was just that Betsy became the dominant one on Kwannon's and vice-versa. It could be either that a part of both of them was lost forever when Kwannon died in the british body, or that when that happened the remainings parts of their psyches went to the japanese one too(and then to the other remade one Betsy got later lol).

I can see how involving that story with Maddie would make for a more juicy plot on Hellions though.

It's not really a retcon though. As you can see by this panels he posted from the issue. There were two spirits.

There really need to be an arc, mini or ongoing with both of them in the same book to resolve all those things and separate them once and for all, defining exactly what makes them different and unique.

Dauterman should be the artist. Wells could be the writer. And Storm, Dazzler, Wolverine and Jubilee should be in it.

And these should be their looks:

Cópia de kwannon-betsy1.jpg

Hire me as editor already Marvel.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 08-28-2020 at 11:28 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I like that Kwannon costume redesign. At the same time I feel like anything reminiscent of the bathing suit, even in catsuit form, is too similar to everything Betsy wore in the body. She needs an entirely new look, uniform wise. I still wish the changed her power signature color. I'd say red or blue, so they'd still show up on panel well. At the same time so many artist still give Betsy pink hair they'd probs still give Kwannon pink/purple energy signature.

The idea of them in the same book, even a mini, does sound like a nice idea. Despite the mmm I felt towards FA as a whole I wished Hill could've eventually explored the issues between the two. Especially on Kwannon's side of things or maybe a joint book between him & someone else. Only thing is they'd need to be balanced in the story, show both strengths & flaws cause if not some Betsy fans will loose their s^it & keep pushing the idea that editorial is phasing Betsy out in place of Kwannon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post

The idea of them in the same book, even a mini, does sound like a nice idea. Despite the mmm I felt towards FA as a whole I wished Hill could've eventually explored the issues between the two. Especially on Kwannon's side of things or maybe a joint book between him & someone else. Only thing is they'd need to be balanced in the story, show both strengths & flaws cause if not some Betsy fans will loose their s^it & keep pushing the idea that editorial is phasing Betsy out in place of Kwannon.
    I’d like to see them in a mini just to differentiate the two of them. See them work together, because I think they would f some **** up. I’d also be down for them to use that panel from the Sisterhood Arc to explain how she’s back. I think that makes total sense.

I am looking forward to seeing Zeb develop her and her personality away from Betsy. Let Zeb be the one to write their buddy book! Ha

Incredible Member

I would give betsy the blue and red color code from psylocke original ninja outfit, because it’s also reminiscent of the union jack. On the other hand kwannon first appearances were all based on the pink/purple combination from old times psylocke. I’d give them this color code and intertwining but distinct characterization, pretty much as Kitana and Mileena from Mortal Kombat Series

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I’d like to see them in a mini just to differentiate the two of them. See them work together, because I think they would f some **** up. I’d also be down for them to use that panel from the Sisterhood Arc to explain how she’s back. I think that makes total sense.

I am looking forward to seeing Zeb develop her and her personality away from Betsy. Let Zeb be the one to write their buddy book! Ha
    I agree Zeb would be amazing in book like this. He would certainly give them both cool and distinct voices.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    I would give betsy the blue and red color code from psylocke original ninja outfit, because it’s also reminiscent of the union jack. On the other hand kwannon first appearances were all based on the pink/purple combination from old times psylocke. I’d give them this color code and intertwining but distinct characterization, pretty much as Kitana and Mileena from Mortal Kombat Series
    I disagree completely. Betsy has to be purple and pink for me...she started with those colors, her powers were always pink.... for me Kwannon should get her own thing. Black, grey and red.... but it seems Marvel wants her in blue and red. Don't mind it either...but purple and pink are for Besty dang it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post

I disagree completely. Betsy has to be purple and pink for me...she started with those colors, her powers were always pink.... for me Kwannon should get her own thing. Black, grey and red.... but it seems Marvel wants her in blue and red. Don't mind it either...but purple and pink are for Besty dang it.
    Luck you I’m not in charge of the x-office. I would but betsy in a revamped blue look and Kwannon in a revisted Revanche uniform in my day one.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Luck you I’m not in charge of the x-office. I would but betsy in a revamped blue look and Kwannon in a revisted Revanche uniform in my day one.
    I wouldn't be the only one to riot...if you give Kwannon the butterfly, the bikini, the codename and the pink and purple you would be offensive not only to betsy but to Kwannon as well.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I wouldn't be the only one to riot...if you give Kwannon the butterfly, the bikini, the codename and the pink and purple you would be offensive not only to betsy but to Kwannon as well.
    I didn't say I’d give Kwannon the butterfly effect nor the codename. And I wouldn’t give a thongkini to any female characters in these days.