Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I feel like since the reverse bodyswap, the hair has been colored black a lot more often. I headcanon that it's originally black and Betsy just dyed it purple.
    You’re right. Her hair is colored black a lot more often now that she is back in her body. Betsy just died it purple.

Incredible Member

It’s so sad that they Gave kwannon the thingkini again when they decided betsy should wear pants since she was stepping up as a leader and a more relevant character in the MU. (she is being leading or co leading teams since MARVEL NOW, when she got her Khris Anka redesign)

It seems like now they can finally sideline the asian chick back into her fetishist role in the franchise
    Last edited by crimsontt; 03-02-2020 at 07:05 AM.

It makes sense TO ME that Kwannon would revert to the outfit she wore as a Hand/Nyoirin assassin. It’s not her fault Betsy wore it too for WAY too long.

I agree she’s due for a new look, but she needs a new context or a new mission for the new costume to suit her. We’ll see.

I don't think she wore it when she was Nyorin's assassin though? In the flashbacks she was always in some head to toe ninja garb. The Hand costume came into play only when Betsy was kidnapped by The Hand.

I get why she takes it (in the name of petty) but I would've anticipated her taking up a new suit once FA was done. She seemed to come to a better place and sense of self by that final issue. Maybe she'll get a new suit in Hellions after an arc or two.

BANNED

Some Hellions Variant Covers

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    It makes sense TO ME that Kwannon would revert to the outfit she wore as a Hand/Nyoirin assassin. It’s not her fault Betsy wore it too for WAY too long.

I agree she’s due for a new look, but she needs a new context or a new mission for the new costume to suit her. We’ll see.
    Yeah but why didn't she just debut with one since the Hand uniforms are so readily available?

Why didn't in all the back issues she appeared in. Why didnt the artists and writers also have her in Hand uniforms. Since every seems to think its hers to own. And never should have been Betsy's.

She intro'd in that body suit.

Which I think looks way cooler than the thongkini Hand get up.

Wait what? The thongkini *is* Kwannon’s outfit. She wore it before she fell off that cliff right? Kubert art hurts my eyes.

BANNED

I'm still mad that they are calling her Psylocke. For crying out loud, just give her a unique codename. It's not hard.

Wait what? The thongkini *is* Kwannon’s outfit. She wore it before she fell off that cliff right? Kubert art hurts my eyes.
    Naw she never wore it. This was her ninja garb.

The thongkini didn’t come around till Betsy joined the Hand. Kwannon was never a member; she was just Nyorin’s assassin.

Thank you!

Alright. I’m on board. Thongkini must go.

All-New Member

Thank you!

Alright. I’m on board. Thongkini must go.
    Agree, there is other costumes she could be wearing like Marvel Now! or All New All Different attire... maybe the House of M costume.

The Jim Lee Hellions variant feels a bit weird. Technically that's Betsy there in Kwannon's body, not her. They just photoshopped the hair has black as possible instead of the purple. Too bad they couldn't get a new artist to do a modern take on it or just some original Kwannon art for it.

BANNED

kevin wada did this a while ago, its a bit too garrish but at the same time an extreme makeover could help kwannon really find her footing, just replace the lavenders with realy dark purple and highlight the reds

I'd say eighty six the wig. It's giving me Typhoid Mary vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post

kevin wada did this a while ago, its a bit too garrish but at the same time an extreme makeover could help kwannon really find her footing, just replace the lavenders with realy dark purple and highlight the reds