Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Yeah, new costumes for characters from Marvel aren't doing any favors for characters especially characters like Elektra and Spider-Woman or street tier look characters.

Her's Kris Anka design is a bit generic given it looks quite indifferent with respect to supporting characters like Yukio.

As for Jean in MG costume, I think her skirt and the mask is the actual problem.
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-23-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Well, no spoilers, but the ending of Spider-Woman #1 implies that Jess will be returning to her classic look at the end of this first arc. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    and I doubt the Marvel Girl costume is a bigger seller than the variants of her in the Phoenix costume which has her completely covered from neck to toe. Her most iconic look is the one that shows the least skin. All of Jean's standard costumes with the exception of the MG look are covered up
    Marvel Girl costume isn't actually sexy. I mean, I guess some people are into it, but overall it's too cheesy. It's not hard to see how a skin-tight swimsuit and thigh-high boots/stockings is more appealing than a normal green dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Marvel Girl costume isn't actually sexy. I mean, I guess some people are into it, but overall it's too cheesy. It's not hard to see how a skin-tight swimsuit and thigh-high boots/stockings is more appealing than a normal green dress.
    The Marvel Girl costume is incredibly dated. Not saying it needs to be remade into the mid-drift & pencil mini skirt Rachel updated it to a while back, but it definitely needs an redesign. Hickman wanted her in it & not the X-Men Red uniform, which I thought was one of her best non Phoenix suits. He seems to have a thing for weaker Marvel Girl era Jean, which is why I hope he never writes Kwannon or Betsy.

Unlike Wonder Woman, Jean isnt known for having her ass on display. Underwear and skirt is WW, signature look and fits her Amazonian background. Thats not the case for Jean

and I doubt the Marvel Girl costume is a bigger seller than the variants of her in the Phoenix costume which has her completely covered from neck to toe. Her most iconic look is the one that shows the least skin. All of Jean's standard costumes with the exception of the MG look are covered up
    I'd love to see Jean revisit her masked school uniform and red X-Factor costume for an issue or two.

jean-bigcostume02.jpg

jean-costume09.jpg

I know there's been discussion about her hair but I think its safe to say its definitely black and any purple we see on covers is just for marketing and/or error

BANNED

I prefer it this way since dark purple was a more betsy trait, but I love the colours here

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I like her more with black hair

I don't like how the issue called her Kwannon

I liked her in Hellions. I hope she guts some Hellions in future issues to show them who's in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I totally missed that but Im with with it as she is Kwannon to me

ETA: There it goes

Last edited by Havok83; 03-25-2020 at 09:35 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I liked her in Hellions. I hope she guts some Hellions in future issues to show them who's in charge.
    What did she do?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I prefer it to Psylocke, at least being called Kwannon differentiates her from Betsy. Though didn’t they establish Kwannon wasn’t her real name or no? It is hard to keep up with all the changes.

Ps I do realize she was called Psylocke in the issue as well.

I totally missed that but Im with with it as she is Kwannon to me

ETA: There it goes

Same here. She will always be Kwannon to me.

And I like that the black hair differentiates her from Betsy. Now she just needs a new costume.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I prefer it to Psylocke, at least being called Kwannon differentiates her from Betsy. Though didn’t they establish Kwannon wasn’t her real name or no? It is hard to keep up with all the changes.

Ps I do realize she was called Psylocke in the issue as well.
    That's why I didn't like that they called her Kwannon. Fallen Angels retconned it as a false name given to her when she became an assassin, she didn't want to be called Kwannon anymore.