Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Default Flash - Superman races....

OK.
    I'm a Flash tragic and I know there's a few here too.

So, the question I pose is this.
    Have I missed any obvious Flash - Superman races??

I've got:

Superman #199 (the first)
    Flash #175 (the second)
    World's Finest #198-199 (the third)

Then I have:

DC Comics Presents #1-2
    Adventures of Superman #463
    Flash #53
    Flash Rebirth
    DC 1st

I don't know of any more.
    And no, I'm not including the Kid Flash/Superboy issue or times where Supes and Flash have teamed up (although I have them too!)
    Just where the two have raced against each other.
    Anything obvious I might have missed??

Cheers!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I know during "Superman: Up in the Sky" # 4, half the story takes place during a flashback to a race between Superman and Flash. I'm not sure if it's any of the others, but the main thrust of the story is that Flash is presented as being the obvious favorite, Luthor has agreed to build an orphanage if Superman wins, and that Superman does, in the end, manage to win.

Later, a little girl asks Superman how he won the race, and he said "I ran faster than Flash did, there's no other real answer," which of course could mean Flash let him win, or not.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I know during "Superman: Up in the Sky" # 4, half the story takes place during a flashback to a race between Superman and Flash. I'm not sure if it's any of the others, but the main thrust of the story is that Flash is presented as being the obvious favorite, Luthor has agreed to build an orphanage if Superman wins, and that Superman does, in the end, manage to win.

Later, a little girl asks Superman how he won the race, and he said "I ran faster than Flash did, there's no other real answer," which of course could mean Flash let him win, or not.
    Thanks mate. I didn't know about this one!!
    I will hunt it down.

Flash has insinuated that he let Superman keep up with him because it was “for charity”. Really I think Flash should always be faster than Supes. Speed is his whole gimmick. Superman has so many powers. DC really needs to make it official that Flash is the fastest. Being connected to the Speed Force allows the Flash to not only run fast but travel in time and traverse dimensions. Something Superman can’t do.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Flash has insinuated that he let Superman keep up with him because it was “for charity”. Really I think Flash should always be faster than Supes. Speed is his whole gimmick. Superman has so many powers. DC really needs to make it official that Flash is the fastest. Being connected to the Speed Force allows the Flash to not only run fast but travel in time and traverse dimensions. Something Superman can’t do.
    Well, Flash IS the fastest man alive. Not the fastest man alive, except for the Kryptonians and maybe the Daxamites and martians too....

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Well, Flash IS the fastest man alive. Not the fastest man alive, except for the Kryptonians and maybe the Daxamites and martians too....
    Which Flash? (If only point of Flash is being fastest man...it makes all but one of them redundant. There’s a ton more to the character than that tag line.)

I know it’s got to point where large majority of DC fans get upset at idea of Superman being as broadly as fast as the Flashes...but that was status quo for the Silver Age, and it seemed to work just fine.

Certainly it seems a wee bit strange to “worry” if Superman can travel through space faster than Flash can run on Earth...but even that possibility seems unacceptable to many.