Marvel is getting into the gaming industry after only doing LEGO and mobile gaming for a while, and they've made a big deal out of it. We have proven successes with Spider-Man PS4, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, and the upcoming Marvel's Avengers which they tout as a real Triple-A game (we'll have to see how that goes). I hope there's more planned. So what ideas do you guys have?

Here's one for me:

An open world Marvel RPG.

General Details
  • The game is set in open world New York City, in a large map that is based on Manhattan. If possible, I'd want a Westchester section, but they could move the the X-Men to Manhattan so long as there's a good in-story reason for it.
  • Instead of playing established Marvel characters, you play your own created character (details below).
  • As a hero, you can choose your own route to greatness, such as joining various small-time teams and taking on various levels of criminals/supervillains, before making your way to the big leagues. You can join different teams depending on what routes you take, like the Avengers, the Fantastic Four as an honorary member, the X-Men, and so on. Each one gives you different missions and interactions.
  • This being an RPG and open world, you can engage fights in various ways from different angles that make full use of the powers you give your character.
  • There are missions set outside of New York City, such as trips to Wakanda, Asgard, Xandar, Latveria, Madripoor, Savage Land, and so on. While they aren't open world areas, they still are breaks from the city itself.
  • The canon characters appear at various points, often to give missions and activities.
  • As you can expect, it's not specifically tied to the comics but takes place in a distilled world like what Spider-Man PS4 did or Batman: Arkham series to its mythos.
  • The world is fully realized, making the most of the Marvel Universe. You have Avengers Tower, Xavier's School, Baxter Building, Wakanda Embassy, Alias Investigations, Sanctum Sanctorum, The Raft, Roxxon, The Daily Bugle, Nelson & Murdock, Oscorp and more.
  • There's co-op, up to four players.

Character Details
  • Like in Mass Effect, you choose between multiple origins that determine how your character starts the game. This includes "Mutant, recently inducted in Xavier's School", "New York native, just began superhero career", or "Arrival in the city, fought crime elsewhere" as some examples.
  • You have different selectable origins, such as "Mutant", "Mutate", "Alien", "Tech", "Magic", or whatever else.
  • Powers are derived from archetypes, namely "Guardian" (tank characters), "Ranger" (projectile characters), "Fighter" (melee characters), "Support" (utility characters).
  • As you progress through the game, you unlock different branches for your abilities and new uses for them.
  • Also, you unlock more costume pieces to fit your character and update over time. You do this by finding them, completing missions, sidequests and whatever else.
  • It goes without saying that customization would be very extensive as it should be.

Just an idea I had that I thought would be cool.

Anyways, what ideas do you have for Marvel video games that you hope become a thing by chance? Discuss.