Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    An X-Men dating sim in which every member is an option.
    That would be cute

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I would be all over that. I love Assassin's Creed and if I'm running around as T'Challa all the better.
    Yeah I wish Disney wasn’t so cheap. So many people would love an idea like that but Disney aren’t as hardworking with games as they are with other things

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That was the first thing that came to my mind too. Black Panther seems perfect for a game like that in both the jungle and cities. Black Window would be perfect for a spy/stealth game too.
    Yeah plus it would be an awesome way to develop Wakanda and show different parts of the culture

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I've been talking about a Namor the Sub-Mariner game for ages it seems, where you get to start off as Namor in Atlantis and get to travel to the surface world to Avenge the Atlanteans who have been hurt by the humans, fighting heroes in New York, making team ups with Doctor Doom, meeting the mutants, etc. And the game would be an open world thing where you could explore atlantis and do an underwater storyline where you have to protect your people from dangers, investigate lemuria and other underwater cities, fight villains, take back your throne from usurpers etc. I would also love team ups with the Invaders, or the Defenders to be included! Lots of underwater and Atlantean characters and foes! Destroy the corporations that are polluting the sea by taking out their companies too.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Spider-Man by Telltale Games, where the game is really more of an interactive story that unfolds and advances depending on the moral and ethical choices the player makes as Peter Parker and as Spider-Man, which also directly and indirectly impact the characters and setting around Peter/Spidey. The trick, of course, will be to complicate the game's moral/ethical algorithms so that "good" choices can still lead to bad outcomes and "bad" choices can still lead to good outcomes, as Spider-Man --- more than almost any other hero in the Marvel Universe --- intersects with the real world, where intentions or motives all too often don't matter if the end result overall is more favorable than unfavorable, or vice versa. The law of unintended consequences, after all.

One idea for that would be to set Spider-Man up as a "big brother" type of mentor to an aspiring young(er) crimefighter like Oliver Osnick (known in the comics as Steel Spider), Michael Bingham (called Blood Spider in the comics), or Brian Kornfeld (a Midnight Sons foe called Spider-X), who has similarly adopted a spider motif for his alter ego. People tend to learn as much from what their teachers and role models do as what they say, if not more than that, so what happens if the player as Spider-Man/Peter Parker inadvertently teaches his would-be protégé the wrong lessons about what it means and takes to be a hero, let alone a good person in this world? Instead of giving the world a new hero to follow in his footsteps and fight alongside him, he could unwittingly unleash a deadly villain upon it who's learned just enough from him to be a bigger threat than would have been possible without his carelessness.

That would of course be leaning into "Spider-Man/Peter Parker as role model," though there's plenty of room in this for more familiar tropes of "Spider-Man being a good hero at the cost of Peter being seen by those who know him outside the mask as a bad friend, or bad boyfriend, or bad student/employee, or even bad nephew/son figure," or "Peter being a good friend, good boyfriend, good student/employee, or even good nephew/son figure at the expense of letting crime go unstopped or innocents go unprotected and undefended as Spider-Man." The whole point of the moral system here would be the push and pull between the unique and shared responsibilities of both his identities, as well as again, the law of unintended consequences coming back to bite him.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 01-20-2020 at 06:15 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

A strategy game of some kind. that could be fun. but it would be more for intellectual entertainment. Not really set up for explosive fights.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Yeah I wish Disney wasn’t so cheap. So many people would love an idea like that but Disney aren’t as hardworking with games as they are with other things
    Disney focuses on mobile games which in money terms is super-profitable moreso than AAA games. Everyone talks about how EA wastes the Star Wars license (at least until Jedi Fallen Order) but EA's mobile games with SW made upwards of $1bn (https://twinfinite.net/2019/12/star-...etime-revenue/)

Not that I disagree. I agree that they should encourage more creative AAA games but Disney does invest in games and the games they invest do make money.

I feel like an Arkham-style Daredevil game would be pretty cool. It could be similar, with a mix of open-world, combat, and stealth with some detective-esque stuff on the side. A major part of the game would be using Radar Sense to scope out environments, using his special touch to investigate clues, using his lie detection ability to find suspects, and watch out for danger, and overall try to best give you an experience of being a superhuman blind man with all your enhanced senses.

Stealth would be another major part, as being able to sneak in and out of places and getting the drop on enemies would be important. Likewise, combat would involve his expert martial arts skills, and of course his signature Billy Club, to use variable combos that can be upgraded. The Billy Club in general should be important as a tool that you use for combat, tasks, and traversal. The open world, of course, is also an important factor, and you can explore NYC as a ninja both on the street and hopping along rooftops.

I imagine that like Spider-Man PS4, you can go about fighting street crime, while also advancing the story (taking cues from various runs like Frank Miller, Ann Nocenti, Bendis, Mark Waid, and Chip Zdarsky, while also being an original tale).

Supervillains I would include:

Kingpin
    Elektra
    Bullseye
    The Hand
    Mysterio
    Typhoid Mary
    Bushwacker
    The Owl

Just an idea I came up with. Think this would be good?

To me, any sort of an "Arkham" lift would be better spent on Moon Knight.

That said, Blade is always my personal runner up there.

Past that, I can't see why Marvel doesn't have a solid "Kart" racing game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I feel like an Arkham-style Daredevil game would be pretty cool.
    There hasn't been a single Daredevil video game outside of a minor tie-in for the DS for the Daredevil Affleck movie. There hasn't even been a solo Daredevil cartoon. Marvel has always been reticent about marketing and licensing that character for mediums focused on kids and teenagers. Which is why the only thing people have is the Affleck movie and the Netflix show.

There is unlikely to ever be a AAA game focused on Daredevil.

It could be similar, with a mix of open-world, combat, and stealth with some detective-esque stuff on the side.
    The problem with Daredevil is that he's blind. So there's a major problem making a conventional third-person, over-the-shoulder, open-world game with a character who mainly orients himself via senses, when the player can see over his shoulder and as such operate as if they aren't blind. The way it could work is that the player uses his senses and based on that the screen fills up with buildings signs, and people based on voices, sounds and smells. When meeting a new character, Matt will ask that person to be described and based on that the characters will appear on screen. Because you really need to give a sense that you are playing someone who is blind and relies on his senses, and that has to be the foundation for everything.

...and you can explore NYC as a ninja both on the street and hopping along rooftops.
    I think they should use the original Arkham Asylum and Arkham City (which focuses on small localized chunks of the entire map) as a template. Because Daredevil doesn't cover all of New York City. He only covers small parts of it. That's true in the comics too. Arkham City is basically a small chunk that covers the historic old part of the city including Park Row (where Bruce's Parents got shot) and other areas that can easily be traversed by gliding in around six-seven minutes back and forth. Rocksteady said that in those two games they wanted "a detailed open world" not a "big open world".

And that should be what they do with Daredevil.

The other option is basically do it like DISHONORED, i.e. it's based on a series of levels rather than a full open-world. But each level is a mini-sandbox where you can play any way, and there are any number of entries, exits, bypasses, and alternate routes, as well as small side-missions that you can easily miss via "road-not-taken" and so on.

Just an idea I came up with. Think this would be good?
    Of course.

A Blade or Ghost Rider hack and slash game by Capcom.

A Marvel fighting game by either Capcom or Koei Tecmo.

A Guardians of the Galaxy action RPG similar to Mass Effect.

An Elektra stealth action game.

A Shang Chi beat em up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    An X-Men dating sim in which every member is an option.
    Rather than that, go the Bioware route where everyone has a canon orientation.

Extraordinary Member

To add to the OP's idea, a parent creating system kinda similar to GTA online would be cool, like you can have origins like being a mutant born of human parents, Inhuman/Mutant hybrid, etc. Adding more human offshoot/classic Marvel races would be cool.(Though it would probably be too many if you can create a hybrid character.) The character creation would proabably be hard as well if you want to create certain one-human looking Inhumans/Mutants/Deviant characters.

I would love to see an open world Silver Surfer game. With technology being what it is these days, the universe could be huge and the opportunity for action and adventure could be never ending. Imagine some of the Spider Man games, which, are pretty cool. But instead of simply swinging around a neighborhood or a city, you are surfing through the universe. Perhaps using worm holes and other exotic means of transport. This also blows open the opportunity for a plethora of unique villains, and races to save. Just a thought, and great question!

Bringing this back up, as I've had an idea for a game I wanted to share.

Captain America, open world stealth in WWII. The idea is that you can explore the battlefield and locations of war-torn Europe, and fight the Nazis and HYDRA. As a super solider, and the most respected figure of the Allies, you have many different options. You can be sneaky and use stealth, go upfront in direct combat, go in alone or command a squad of troops, and use your trusty shield alongside various weapons. The weapons themselves can be a mix of real world weapons, and HYDRA laser weapons if you can get your hands on them. Vehicles include Cap's trusty bike, as well as jeeps, cars, tanks, and HYDRA hovercrafts. As for the shield, it's the biggest component, using it to deflect projectiles no matter how strong, take out enemies from individuals to vehicles, use as a powerful melee weapon, and even as a sled to ride down steep hills. Other gadgets could include a grappling hook, smoke bombs, trackers, and mines.

The gameplay would include you capturing outposts, rescuing captives, going behind enemy lines, and fighting supervillains. The areas you can explore includes war-torn France, Italy and the Alps.

It should straddle the line between making you feel powerful, but not invincible. You're a super soldier, you're the peak of human potential, and far above many of your opponents. At the same time, you still have to keep a lookout and watch your back, because you can still be hurt. Going upfront is perfectly viable, but stealth is equally viable as well. Obviously, that would be tricky to pull off, but it can be done.

The end could have Cap getting frozen and awakening in the present day. You know how that goes. It leads to sequel set in the present, which would be a very different beast but hopefully viable.

A major inspiration for this idea comes from Metal Gear Solid V.

What would you think?
    Last edited by Hybrid; 03-16-2020 at 04:30 AM.