Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Looks like we may finally be getting some Warren and Apocalypse interaction. I look forward to seeing him with Polaris too

It finally happened today and exactly what we needed

I liked Archangel's appearance in X of Swords: Creation.

It made me happy to see him in his Archangel form instead of his regular feather winged form. I was more happy to see that than even Apocalypse was.

I enjoyed reading Warren's interaction with Apocalypse and the way that Warren called out Apocalypse on his bullshit. Bullshit that makes Apocalypse a great villain.
    I also liked the way that their conversation forshadowed what would happen to Apocalypse later in the story.
    Last edited by Thievery; 09-24-2020 at 04:19 AM. Reason: spelling

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Oops! wrong thread.
    Last edited by Lady Midnight; 09-25-2020 at 11:27 AM.

I can't post the promotional art, but Reign of X is announced for December, Warren is on it, and it looks like he's going to be spending a lot of time with Monet

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I can't post the promotional art, but Reign of X is announced for December, Warren is on it, and it looks like he's going to be spending a lot of time with Monet
    here it is

Ive wanted more of them for a long time and after that teaser in Empyre, Im glad more will be done

I'm not, but I'll check it out. Glad to see Warren getting some attention.

Most have probably seen these before, but they're pretty new to me so I thought I'd share. Walt Simonson's early Archangel design:

tumblr_mpwmguZHXf1rwyqmxo1_1280.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    here it is

I've wanted more of them for a long time and after that teaser in Empyre, Im glad more will be done
    It's nice to see Warren on a teaser for something. It will be interesting to see what comic his story ends up in.
    I also like Monet a lot. Warren and Monet look like they have developed some form of close friendship. I don't know if it will be romantic or not, but I wouldn't oppose it, if it happens. I'd read it before I made my mind up about it. I thought that the two of them worked togather pretty well in Empyre: X-Men.

I've browsed the Monet thread. A lot of other Monet fans seem a lot less enthused about the idea of Warren and Monet. I guess I know how LoganAlpha30x33 must feel all of the time when his favorite old ships always get crushed because one group of fans don't like another character. Or when I complain about how I don't like old couples being put back togather.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Most have probably seen these before, but they're pretty new to me so I thought I'd share. Walt Simonson's early Archangel design:
    I've seen something similar to these designs, but I'm not sure if I've seen these particular ones. Thanks for finding and sharing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    It's nice to see Warren on a teaser for something. It will be interesting to see what comic his story ends up in.
    I also like Monet a lot. Warren and Monet look like they have developed some form of close friendship. I don't know if it will be romantic or not, but I wouldn't oppose it, if it happens. I'd read it before I made my mind up about it. I thought that the two of them worked together pretty well in Empyre: X-Men.

I've browsed the Monet thread. A lot of other Monet fans seem a lot less enthused about the idea of Warren and Monet. I guess I know how LoganAlpha30x33 must feel all of the time when his favorite old ships always get crushed because one group of fans don't like another character. Or when I complain about how I don't like old couples being put back togather.
    Nostalgia is one hell of a drug because I don't understand why some Monet fans are so opposed to the possibility of them becoming an item. They have chemistry and from their interactions in empyre they have a cute banter and camaraderie and I've wanted to see more of them together ever since. It'a friendship I never expected to like so much.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Nostalgia is one hell of a drug because I don't understand why some Monet fans are so opposed to the possibility of them becoming an item. They have chemistry and from their interactions in empyre they have a cute banter and camaraderie and I've wanted to see more of them together ever since. It'a friendship I never expected to like so much.
    Yeah, I'm not one for nostalgia couples myself. The old Warren/Betsy relationship being reset every year this past decade drove me nuts, and they used to be my favorite pairing. But, nostalgia couples can be made to work. I never wanted to read about Gambit and Rogue becoming a couple again until Kelly Thompson's Mr. and Mrs.X comic.

For the Monet fans who don't like the idea of Warren/Monet, and would rather see Monet/Synch, well they are entitled to having that opinion and to express it. It's a free forum for everyone to say how they feel about something.

But, I really do agree with you in terms of the interactions between Warren and Monet. I thought that they were fun to read. Like you said, cute banter and good camaraderie. And they treated each other as equals except for one comment Monet made about Warren's leadership. They didn't feel to me like one character was being used as a prop for the other character's story, at least in issue 1 when they both played a part in the story. One wasn't codependent on the other just to be in the comic.

Edit: and besides, we dont even know if Warren and Monet will actually end up becoming a couple.

So as of today spoilers:
    Cameron Hodge is back in play. I wonder if he will factor into Warren's story going forward bc Warren was his #1 target and he's arguably his archnemesis after Apocalypse
    end of spoilers

What comic was that in?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    What comic was that in?
    Hellions....10char

Thanks. I haven't read all the spoilers for that one, yet.