Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Angel by Lukas Werneck

I hope when the X-Men make their debut in the MCU, they don't remove Warren from the O5 and replace him with Storm. I'd like her to be part of the team without Warren's exclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I hope when the X-Men make their debut in the MCU, they don't remove Warren from the O5 and replace him with Storm. I'd like her to be part of the team without Warren's exclusion.
    What makes you think the O5 will debut in the MCU? The X-men will likely not follow the formula of how the original roster came to be

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What makes you think the O5 will debut in the MCU? The X-men will likely not follow the formula of how the original roster came to be
    I was looking at this post and the new Disney+ designs for the X-Men. It's been suggested they could be used for a new TV series or for the X-Men's MCU introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    More images of the Disney+ X-Men character designs via @JasonIrelan YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB9...WCfcXrcXOM6YmA

I was looking at this post and the new Disney+ designs for the X-Men. It's been suggested they could be used for a new TV series or for the X-Men's MCU introduction.
    It also includes sketches for Jubilee, Gambit, Mystique and Rogue. I wouldnt put much weight into that as it will likely have little to do with the movies

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It also includes sketches for Jubilee, Gambit, Mystique and Rogue. I wouldnt put much weight into that as it will likely have little to do with the movies
    That's true. It's been a popular theory though with fans thinking the first MCU X-Men film will basically be the O5 but with Storm replacing Angel. Although the rumor in the Jean thread says otherwise.

Warren's finest moment from...

X-Cutioner's Song

Seeing those images why hasn't Warren been part of a Noir inspired film or urban fantasy comic title? It would fit him very well!
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Posted this in the Jean thread but I'll post here as well.

I've always been a fan of the Warren/Jean relationship and tbh, I feel like they'd almost be more compatible as a couple now. Especially considering how similar some of their mythos are between Warren being an Angel/Archangel and Jean being Phoenix and as Dark Phoenix, she's called the Black Angel. Both have wings imagery, both have Hellfire Club connections (especially if we believe this idea that an ancestor of Jean was the former Black Queen), both have had a fall from grace along with physical and emotional transformations and trauma, and then if you involve Apocalypse, the dynamic between them gets even clearer.

Like in UXF, when AoA Jean confronts Archangel and her power fails on him because he points out that as the Phoenix, she wants the same cycle of life and rebirth that Apocalypse stands for. In the Apocalypse Files from X-Factor, Apocalypse calls himself the Black King and Jean the White Queen and notes that Warren is like his son and heir who could take on that mantle so that further sets up Warren and Jean almost as this evolutionary pinnacle. On a darker note, I suppose they've both committed genocide as well.

And it never seemed like Warren's heart was into any of his relationships after Jean as Candy pointed out, with the exception of Betsy and even that was really only set up in UXF which also had Jean as an important influence on Warren and Betsy as a couple. The early 05 comics made it seem like they were the obvious couple which is why it made sense to not put them together, but they did wind up together in a What If? issue and in X-Men Season One, Jean does eventually develop an interest in Warren by which time he's already moved on. In X-Factor, it also seemed like in the early issues that maybe Warren and Jean might come together since Scott was unavailable because of Maddie.

Ultimate Member

I obviously never really liked Warren with Jean for obvious reasons as I'm a diehard Warren/Betsy fan, that and I'm a long time Logan/Jean fan as well so...and both Warren and Betsy have the wings imagery and a similar history and such...

Incredible Member

I thought killing off Candy was a mistake. I thought some x Men should be more involved with the human world, like warren and (we thought), Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I obviously never really liked Warren with Jean for obvious reasons as I'm a diehard Warren/Betsy fan, that and I'm a long time Logan/Jean fan as well so...and both Warren and Betsy have the wings imagery and a similar history and such...
    I used to be a Warren/Betsy fan especially after UXF but I've been really disappointed in how writers have treated them since Remender. I've ironically enough become more of a Logan/Jean fan after how Cyclops' character has turned out over the last decade or so. Betsy is one of my other favorite characters besides Jean so I've always felt either one of them would be a good fit for Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I thought killing off Candy was a mistake. I thought some x Men should be more involved with the human world, like warren and (we thought), Sean.
    And the way she was killed off was pretty terrible as well. She disappears for years, since the Mutant Massacre all the way to right before Inferno and when she's finally found again, she's already dead. I'm glad UXM 306 sorta gave her a goodbye since her death was so unceremonious.

Although I do think it's pretty interesting that in X-Men: The Hidden Years, Candy is wearing Jean's Marvel Girl costume almost as if she knows Warren is only interested in her if she's wearing Jean's clothes.

Ultimate Member

I used to be a Warren/Betsy fan especially after UXF but I've been really disappointed in how writers have treated them since Remender. I've ironically enough become more of a Logan/Jean fan after how Cyclops' character has turned out over the last decade or so. Betsy is one of my other favorite characters besides Jean so I've always felt either one of them would be a good fit for Warren.
    I didn't really like how Remender wrote them and will admit that for the most part since Remender the pair haven't been written that well for the most part, even Betsy's recent return to her original body has been handled pretty poorly and barely given a second thought, personally I would rather she had stayed in the Asian body and Kwannon got popped off into a totally separate body...many don't like Jean and Logan I think because they're afraid that if they were allowed to be together they'd quickly become quite the popular pair, and I'd rather Warren not get involved in a romantic triangle with Jean and Scott let alone Logan and such...

Posted this in the Jean thread but I'll post here as well.

I've always been a fan of the Warren/Jean relationship and tbh, I feel like they'd almost be more compatible as a couple now. Especially considering how similar some of their mythos are between Warren being an Angel/Archangel and Jean being Phoenix and as Dark Phoenix, she's called the Black Angel. Both have wings imagery, both have Hellfire Club connections (especially if we believe this idea that an ancestor of Jean was the former Black Queen), both have had a fall from grace along with physical and emotional transformations and trauma, and then if you involve Apocalypse, the dynamic between them gets even clearer.

Like in UXF, when AoA Jean confronts Archangel and her power fails on him because he points out that as the Phoenix, she wants the same cycle of life and rebirth that Apocalypse stands for. In the Apocalypse Files from X-Factor, Apocalypse calls himself the Black King and Jean the White Queen and notes that Warren is like his son and heir who could take on that mantle so that further sets up Warren and Jean almost as this evolutionary pinnacle. On a darker note, I suppose they've both committed genocide as well.

And it never seemed like Warren's heart was into any of his relationships after Jean as Candy pointed out, with the exception of Betsy and even that was really only set up in UXF which also had Jean as an important influence on Warren and Betsy as a couple. The early 05 comics made it seem like they were the obvious couple which is why it made sense to not put them together, but they did wind up together in a What If? issue and in X-Men Season One, Jean does eventually develop an interest in Warren by which time he's already moved on. In X-Factor, it also seemed like in the early issues that maybe Warren and Jean might come together since Scott was unavailable because of Maddie.
    I also liked Warren and Jean, especially in those early issues of X-Factor. Its too bad that they never became a couple in any alternate reality