Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Yeah, I'm not one for nostalgia couples myself. The old Warren/Betsy relationship being reset every year this past decade drove me nuts, and they used to be my favorite pairing. But, nostalgia couples can be made to work. I never wanted to read about Gambit and Rogue becoming a couple again until Kelly Thompson's Mr. and Mrs.X comic.

For the Monet fans who don't like the idea of Warren/Monet, and would rather see Monet/Synch, well they are entitled to having that opinion and to express it. It's a free forum for everyone to say how they feel about something.

But, I really do agree with you in terms of the interactions between Warren and Monet. I thought that they were fun to read. Like you said, cute banter and good camaraderie. And they treated each other as equals except for one comment Monet made about Warren's leadership. They didn't feel to me like one character was being used as a prop for the other character's story, at least in issue 1 when they both played a part in the story. One wasn't codependent on the other just to be in the comic.

Edit: and besides, we dont even know if Warren and Monet will actually end up becoming a couple.
    Of course people are entitled to not liking Monet/Warren and express it just like other people are allowed to defend it, what I don't like is people acting like only Synch and Roberto (for some reasons even tho they never interacted) are allowed to be shipped with her or the only good match.

We don't even know if they will even have some sort of romance between the two, people just love to assume that literally any male characters she stands next with is a love interest (the same thing happened with that x-force spread where Monet and Maggot were sitting next to each other and people were assuming they were a thing from that alone).

But either way, it was refreshing to see Warren and Monet interact with someone where neither party is being possessed by some entity and where they're being healthy and respectful. Warren finally having someone to see him for what he fully is and his potential and get the respect he deserves felt nice after him being written as a drone for so many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So as of today spoilers:
    Cameron Hodge is back in play. I wonder if he will factor into Warren's story going forward bc Warren was his #1 target and he's arguably his archnemesis after Apocalypse
    end of spoilers
    I guess that it depends on which comic Warren appears in, and how big of a role that he will have in it. I could be wrong, but Cam seems like he will be probably a Hellions villain only, given what we know about what X-comics are actually scheduled. Cam has some ties to Nanny if I remember right. I think that is why he is in Hellions. That or I have her confused with some other Smiliey. But what do I know, considering how wrong that I have been about certain things in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Of course people are entitled to not liking Monet/Warren and express it just like other people are allowed to defend it, what I don't like is people acting like only Synch and Roberto (for some reasons even tho they never interacted) are allowed to be shipped with her or the only good match.

We don't even know if they will even have some sort of romance between the two, people just love to assume that literally any male characters she stands next with is a love interest (the same thing happened with that x-force spread where Monet and Maggot were sitting next to each other and people were assuming they were a thing from that alone).

But either way, it was refreshing to see Warren and Monet interact with someone where neither party is being possessed by some entity and where they're being healthy and respectful. Warren finally having someone to see him for what he fully is and his potential and get the respect he deserves felt nice after him being written as a drone for so many years.
    Oh, I get where you are coming from. I meant you no offense.

It is kind of odd that some fans want certain characters paired up without a good reason for it. I mean just look at your example of Monet and Sunspot. I know that a lot of fans really love the idea of those two being togather, and that's their right. I just have a hard time buying into that one. I can't see Monet putting up with Sunspot's sometimes reckless personality. Like the Sunspot who appeared in the opining arch of the current New Mutants comic. Berto came off as kind of frat boyish to me. I just don't read Monet as the type who would find that attractive. But, she did tolerate Madrox and Guido, so who knows.

And yes, I know that it will look hypocritical of me to say that it is goofy to ship two characters who havent spent significant panel time togather, like Monet and Roberto, seeing as I still like the idea of Warren and Dani being togather without Warren and Dani spending much panel time togather. But I'm going to any way. So there . I never really expected Dani and Warren any way though

As far as Warren/Monet go as a couple, it's hard to tell if that will happen. They seem some what close in that teaser image for Reign of X, but teaser images can be deceiving.
    I thought that the two of them had good chemistry in the first issue of the Empyre:X-Men, but they weren't really togather in the last chapters of that series. It may be that the writers grew tired of writing them togather. But again, what do I know.
    Last edited by Thievery; 12-02-2020 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I guess that it depends on which comic Warren appears in, and how big of a role that he will have in it. I could be wrong, but Cam seems like he will be probably a Hellions villain only, given what we know about what X-comics are actually scheduled. Cam has some ties to Nanny if I remember right. I think that is why he is in Hellions. That or I have her confused with some other Smiliey. But what do I know, considering how wrong that I have been about certain things in the past.

Oh, I get where you are coming from. I meant you no offense.

It is kind of odd that some fans want certain characters paired up without a good reason for it. I mean just look at your example of Monet and Sunspot. I know that a lot of fans really love the idea of those two being togather, and that's their right. I just have a hard time buying into that one. I can't see Monet putting up with Sunspot's sometimes reckless personality. Like the Sunspot who appeared in the opining arch of the current New Mutants comic. Berto came off as kind of frat boyish to me. I just don't read Monet as the type who would find that attractive. But, she did tolerate Madrox and Guido, so who knows.

And yes, I know that it will look hypocritical of me to say that it is goofy to ship two characters who havent spent significant panel time togather, like Monet and Roberto, seeing as I still like the idea of Warren and Dani being togather without Warren and Dani spending much panel time togather. But I'm going to any way. So there . I never really expected Dani and Warren any way though

As far as Warren/Monet go as a couple, it's hard to tell if that will happen. They seem some what close in that teaser image for Reign of X, but teaser images can be deceiving.
    I thought that the two of them had good chemistry in the first issue of the Empyre:X-Men, but they weren't really togather in the last chapters of that series. It may be that the writers grew tired of writing them togather. But again, what do I know.
    Honestly I can see Monet getting along with Berto fratboy antics as a friend and maybe even participating from time to time but I can hardly see her tolerating that in a romantic partner.

Now that you mentioned Dani and Warren, I can see it. If not as a couple at least as very good friends and getting along quite nicely.

Honestly I can see Monet getting along with Berto fratboy antics as a friend and maybe even participating from time to time but I can hardly see her tolerating that in a romantic partner.
    IDK, I can kind of see it. Monet could use someone who makes her laugh, and Berto needs someone who won't put up with his antics.

Now that you mentioned Dani and Warren, I can see it. If not as a couple at least as very good friends and getting along quite nicely.
    Yeah, I'd love to see how they would get along.

Yeah, that's kind of how I feel about Berto and Monet also. Two people who might able to be really good friends, but are unable to get along as a couple. I've known people like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    IDK, I can kind of see it. Monet could use someone who makes her laugh, and Berto needs someone who won't put up with his antics.

Yeah, I'd love to see how they would get along.
    Well yeah, you could go with the opposites attract story with Berto and Monet. I just can't see that working out long term. Just my opinion.
    And I've given up on the idea of seeing Warren and Monet on the same team.

Now on to Angel's appearance on that teaser for Rein of X. Any body have a good guess as to what comic he might be in. I guess that I will say Marauders based on what we currently know of the future X-comics that are to be published. He could fit in with their business theme there I guess, if that is what Marvel wants to do with them. I don't think that he would work on the Hellions comic seeing as he seems to be in control of his mental faculties, and that is the comic for characters with mental issues.
    Last edited by Thievery; 12-03-2020 at 05:07 PM.

For those who intended to read Children of the Atom, the first issue will be released in March

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed about that, as I'd like to see how Vita Ayala writes Warren.

I think Warren will definitely appear in X-men, I don't know about Marauders though. I also think the X-corps book might still be on the table. It would be interesting if Jean and Scott new team was the one from hox (minus mystique and logan) or at least a very similar lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    For those who intended to read Children of the Atom, the first issue will be released in March
    Yeah, I'm a little disappointed about that, as I'd like to see how Vita Ayala writes Warren.
    I wasn't all that interested in Children of the Atom to be honest. I'm not fond of teen sidekick characters who are derivatives of adult characters. Characters like Super Boy, Aqualad, and whoever Wonder Woman's sidekick is, and other sidekick types just don't appeal to me. It's one of the reasons that I'm not fond of DC.

I was going to check it out just because I usually like Ayala's comics. We'll see what happens when it gets released. If it ever get's released.
    I'm not sure how big of a role Angel was going to play, however, and we probably wouldn't have gotten much writing about Angel from Ayala. I believe that it was going to mostly be about the young students. I could be wrong about that though.

I think Warren will definitely appear in X-men, I don't know about Marauders though. I also think the X-corps book might still be on the table. It would be interesting if Jean and Scott new team was the one from hox (minus mystique and logan) or at least a very similar lineup.
    I would be happy with an X-Corps comic. It's just that it's been a long time since it was first talked about. It may still have gone the way of Children of the Atom. So I'm not going to get my hopes for that one up.
    I guess that Archangel could pop up in X-Men and I wouldn't mind that either. I'm just not going to get my hopes up for that one either.

BANNED

Has Warren regained/regrown his En Sabah Nur given Techno-Organic wings?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Has Warren regained/regrown his En Sabah Nur given Techno-Organic wings?
    Yes. Archangel used his metal wings in the appearances that he made in the X of Swords crossover. It appears that he can switch back and forth between his feather winged and metal Techno-Organic wings.
    Given what my avatar is, and given my constant harping over how much I prefer the metal wings in this thread, it should be obvious that I was happy to see them again.

Warren had the TO wings in HOX so we know he still had the ability to use them

I just read HoX/PoX and I wonder if that was intentional. The first appearance with metal wings, he had normal skin, and the second time he was having a drink in Archangel mode with Beast and Iceman, which seems kind of strange. Not that it matters, as Thievery said, he showed up as Archangel in XoS.

Do we know if he still has the Death/Apocalypse seed?

I just read HoX/PoX and I wonder if that was intentional. The first appearance with metal wings, he had normal skin, and the second time he was having a drink in Archangel mode with Beast and Iceman, which seems kind of strange. Not that it matters, as Thievery said, he showed up as Archangel in XoS.

He's been able to go back and forth between forms since X-Force 12 years ago, so I wouldnt put much into this

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Warren had the TO wings in HOX so we know he still had the ability to use them
    It slipped my mind that Warren had appeared with metal wings and white skin in HOX when I gave my answer to Micabe about Warren's wings. Congratulations to you for remembering.

Just don't let this triumph go to your head

I'm pretty sure that the Life Seed burned away the Death Seed. But, who knows. I believe that Warren gained some new powers when he died in HOX. the explanation for them and his ability to turn into Archangel will be coming, along with Monet's ability to change into Penance.