Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Thanks...anyway sadly Hickman seems to have his favorite pairings or possible pairings and Warren isn't included in them, I'm not sure that Warren has even talked to Betsy since her new body and all and one would think that they would at least talk...
    I'm pretty sure that Warren is still pissed at Betsy because of what happened in the Disassembled story in the last volumeof Uncanny X-Men

And, Warren has been on panel with Betsy since she got her old body back, again in Disassembled.

Still, I feel bad for you guys who want to see Warren and Betsy talk about it on panel, even if I'm not that interested. It could be a big moment for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I don't think he's had any contact with Apocalypse, either. You'd think we'd at least get his opinion on the guy.
    Yeah. But I'm pretty sure that they chose to give that role to Gambit instead.

I forgot to put this in my last post so here it is.

I would like to see some more appearances by Archangel.

But, since Jordan White doesn't like the character, and the writers don't appear to either, it's probably best that Warren just isn't used. The writers should be allowed to write the characters that they do like and are interested in working with. It seems only fair to me that they get to use the characters that they do like in what is likely a dream job for them.

It sucks for me, but that's just how it is.

I'll stick with reading the X-comics that I do like, and spend the rest of my money elsewhere if I find something that I like better.

I'll just wait to see if Warren pops up again with some good stories. Hopefully it wont be a long wait.

EDIT: If the writers don't like Archangel and don't want to use him, maybe they can just have him kicked off of Krakoa completely. He might get to appear in some other comic then.
    Last edited by Thievery; 08-12-2020 at 10:09 PM.

I get how you feel. I've felt the same about Dani from time to time. I hope that doesn't mean you'll disappear from the thread.

I wonder what Warren's reaction will be if he does turn back to Archangel? (Which the FCD issue suggested would happen.) He's been resurrected, so Apocalypse's transformations shouldn't affect him any more, but I doubt Apocalypse or even Xavier would allow him to go back to just Angel on a permanent basis.

Ultimate Member

Then again sometimes writers can really screw up their favorites as well, I just hope that whatever writer has Warren in their book even as a guest that they don't mess him up...

As to Betsy well it'd work itself out, and could be a reason for them to talk, even if we'd only get small bits and pieces of it...

I get how you feel. I've felt the same about Dani from time to time. I hope that doesn't mean you'll disappear from the thread.

I wonder what Warren's reaction will be if he does turn back to Archangel? (Which the FCD issue suggested would happen.) He's been resurrected, so Apocalypse's transformations shouldn't affect him any more, but I doubt Apocalypse or even Xavier would allow him to go back to just Angel on a permanent basis.
    X-Force v3 revealed that the TO virus is in his DNA. It was a drop of blood that was able to replicate the wings that were then grafted onto others. If the DNA that they used to create Warren's husk is from a recent sample, then he should be able to turn into Archangel. We know thats the case as he appeared as Archangel at the end of HOX and his cameo appearances in X-Force

Okay, thanks. Clearly I've been away from comics for too long.

Ultimate Member

Well remember they got rid of the metal wings once with the feathered wings underneath, then Kyle and Yost changed that all up to put them back to the metal wings again, so writers can just change whatever they want to fit the story that they want to tell...and lately Warren doesn't seem to be a big enough character for writers to really think things through with...sadly...

So who do you think draws Warren's metal wings the best? I'm looking for references and there are so many takes on them, I hardly know where to start.

So who do you think draws Warren's metal wings the best? I'm looking for references and there are so many takes on them, I hardly know where to start.
    My Top 3:

1. Walt Simonson

2. Whilce Portacio

3. Jerome Opena

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-17-2020 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Thank you, that helps.

Finally got this finished. It still feels rushed, and I should have shortened his hair, but I think it conveys the idea. I hadn't done a digital painting in years, so this was kind of an experiment.

AngelCostume.jpg

Finally got this finished. It still feels rushed, and I should have shortened his hair, but I think it conveys the idea. I hadn't done a digital painting in years, so this was kind of an experiment.

AngelCostume.jpg
    I just saw this one. Sorry for not responding earlier.

I think that it looks fine, Arachne. You post a lot of good work.

I like how you took the old Archangel design and gave it a new color set.

I don't think that you should worry about the hair length. It doesn't look out of place in the picture to my eyes.
    And, Warren is often shown as having long hair. So the long hair in your picture is really not out of the ordinary

I actually like that it combines both of his best costumes into one and could be seen as a way to move the character forward. Also good redemption costume as well. Has tons of thematic elements. Amazing job Arachne!
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

AngelCostume.jpg
    Wow, great job! I really like this design. The classic Angel colors look great on the Archangel design and I think the long hair suits him as well, although short would also work.