Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I'd managed to block the suspenders from my mind. What was the artist thinking?

Dani's costumes are okay, but they tend towards boring colour schemes, and showing too much skin. (Don't get me wrong, Dani's not body conscious at all, but I don't think she'd wear a costume the basically says "aim for my guts" into combat.)

I will say, when it comes to these two costumes:

Dani definitely wrote it better, even with the primary colours.

I've really got to reread that run. I was too young to really appreciate it the first time around. The O5 just seemed so old!
    Dani definitely wears the loincloth outfit better than Warren does. You are right about the colors though. Dani does seem to get stuck wearing the same colored costumes a lot.

As for Angel, this another one of feather winged Angel's bad uniforms. The feather winged version of Warren could give even Shadowcat a run for her money in terms of poorly designed uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well years ago it was raining out and my dad had gone outside to get the water out of the window well of my room, when he came in I ran into the bathroom to get him a towel to dry off and I ended up smashing my foot against the doorway, breaking my pinkie toe...and the less said about the parts of his own fingers that he unintentionally cut off the better...so if I try to take another bow I'll end up in the Hudson...even though I'm in the midwest...

As to Warren the metal wings could be like a power up that he could only hold for a short time, or that using them would drain him, or just stick him in the metal wings---drawn well, and leave it at that...
    Seriously about your foot and your dad's fingers dude? I feel bad for you.

I still say metal wings over feather wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I don't know, I kind of like the idea of him switching at will. The metal wings are cool in fights, but there are times you don't want a whole lot of sharp blades on your back.

Soft wings would be trouble enough a lot of the time. Flying's cool, but there are times the wings must be really awkward. Like driving a car.
    The metal wings can fold up completely into his back. No need to worry about them getting in the way. I like the idea of him keeping them at all times.

The feathered wings are what cause Angel to be dismissed as just another guy who can fly. There are other X-Men who can fly, and they come with other cool abilities.

The metal wings are the ones that help Warren stand out. They provide him with a better back story also.
    Last edited by Thievery; 08-11-2020 at 04:22 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar