Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

That would make Warren out to be extremely shallow of a guy, and they've already shown that he's far more than that, my point was that before her changing back to her new body several issues showed that the pair still had more than friendly feelings for each other and I don't see that going away, as for Alex and Lorna that whole bit was just terribly written for all characters and yeah they will get back together again sometime, just not sure when, probably after Hickman leaves...

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Being dumped at the altar is a pretty big deal even if Lorna did take him back afterwards which was completely unnecessary imo. That and also how when Lorna was possessed by Malice, Alex was constantly in angst about how HE was betrayed and not how Lorna was the one in pain and in trouble. There's a reason they say the Summers brothers are the worst boyfriends/husbands around. And if we're being honest, Alex and Lorna will get together again because it's a pattern for them to break up and then get back together every few years.

As for Warren and Betsy, they're harder to predict based on the fact that nothing has been done with Warren for years and Betsy's character has been completely revamped and is so far removed now from what she was. I wouldn't be shocked if they claim Warren can only end up with Kwannon and not the real Betsy.
    Betsy is into pete wisdom, I don't see her and Angel getting back together for a good time

Ultimate Member

Last I checked he was into her but she didn't return the feelings, and Pete is into every X-lady...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Last I checked he was into her but she didn't return the feelings, and Pete is into every X-lady...
    Or wants to be... (Ba dum tish!)

But anywho, I wonder if Warren has any thoughts about attempting to use the Krakoan resurrection protocols on Candy Southern? It'd be a hard sell, with so many mutants waiting in queue for a chance to return to life (or ex-mutants get body-changed to regain their powers, or whatever), and it's entirely possible that Cerebro didn't 'save that data' when it scanned her to determine that she wasn't a mutant (which is how it works, by scanning brains to detect mutants, which means it would have scanned lots of non-mutants in the process of weeding them out to find the smaller percentage of mutants scattered among the human population). But if it did, would Warren feel compelled to make the argument, or is he well and truly 'over' her? (And does him being over her means she 'deserves to stay dead' in any case?)

Warren is so rarely portrayed as having thoughts not related to killer wings nonsense that it could be interesting to see his character get developed past that, and explore something other than that. Or even dive a little more into *that,* and explore how he feels about living in a society run by a Council that includes *Apocalypse,* or how complex his feelings are regarding Evan Sabah Nur, whom he might remember being almost friends with, as 'teen angel' when they teamed together in the O5 series, and yet could someday grow into the genocidal monster that pretty much destroyed his life (and yet also gave him back the sky...).

There's got to be a lot to unpack there. Does he remember loving to fly, and being the only X-Man who could 'get away from it all' and fly high above the others, and now sort of feel a little disappointed at how many *other* X-Men can fly, and, in some cases (Storm, Monet, etc.) do *so much more* than 'just fly', that the skies are 'no longer just his safe sanctuary?' Is he resentful that, in the process of 'giving him back the sky,' Apocalypse has somehow lessened the joy he gets from flight, tainting the one time he felt really pure and alive, when he could feel his flesh-and-blood wings crack and strain against the wind?

That would make Warren out to be extremely shallow of a guy, and they've already shown that he's far more than that, my point was that before her changing back to her new body several issues showed that the pair still had more than friendly feelings for each other and I don't see that going away, as for Alex and Lorna that whole bit was just terribly written for all characters and yeah they will get back together again sometime, just not sure when, probably after Hickman leaves...
    The writers wouldn't care at all for Warren's feelings or motivations. They'd be editorially mandated to make sure that everything is taken from Betsy so that their classic version of Psylocke can stand as her "own" character and that means the relationship with Warren as well. I hope Kwannon doesn't share even a single panel with him. That would be the final FU to Betsy fans after she lost her codename and her butterfly effect to that imposter.

Ultimate Member

I'm not sure that Warren has ever really met Kwannon, and past admitting that she was beautiful in the Asian body I don't see Warren being that shallow, he loves Betsy for who she is, not which body she's in, and if the whole body thing were the case then Scott should be with Kwannon way before Warren...

Marvel has handled imho the whole Betsy back in an English body horribly...it seems to have been done as a knee jerk kind of thing, a quick fix...

I'm not sure that Warren has ever really met Kwannon, and past admitting that she was beautiful in the Asian body I don't see Warren being that shallow, he loves Betsy for who she is, not which body she's in, and if the whole body thing were the case then Scott should be with Kwannon way before Warren...

Marvel has handled imho the whole Betsy back in an English body horribly...it seems to have been done as a knee jerk kind of thing, a quick fix...
    Precisely why it would make no sense to pair up Warren and Kwannon together, but it's not like a lot of Marvel's other decisions about British Betsy made sense ever since she got her body back. If they could take the codename and especially the butterfly effect from her, they'd have no issue taking Warren away either.

Scott can have her. He never had good taste anyway.

Ultimate Member

Well he had good taste with Jean but...

Yeah Warren didn't and doesn't love Betsy simply because of her looks, thankfully...

Ultimate Member

Warren and Kwannon, that'd be such an awkward meeting.

"Oh, hi. We've never met, but technically I've had sex with that body..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Warren and Kwannon, that'd be such an awkward meeting.

"Oh, hi. We've never met, but technically I've had sex with that body..."
    I've thought about that as well. How awkward and problematic would that meeting be? Kwannon would likely feel used and violated. Kwannon already feels that way about Betsy. The whole thing is upsetting. They need to do right be Kwannon going forward.

So.. are we glad that Angel and Betsy seems to be over? I kind of liked them together but I think overall I don't like romance in superhero comics so much. It usually overshadows the individual characters and is ultimately bad for them.

Well he had good taste with Jean but...

Yeah Warren didn't and doesn't love Betsy simply because of her looks, thankfully...
    Considering how he treated Jean, I wouldn't say so at all.

Warren had much better taste with Jean, Candy, Charlotte, and Betsy. Paige not so much lol. I also remember when Charlotte Jones was hinted at being a mutant in X-Factor because she could enter Ship who only allowed mutants to come in (Jean's parents, for example, couldn't).

Ultimate Member

Well no big X-couple is ever truly over, they're not together for the time being, who knows what the future will hold for them...the whole thing with Paige was Austen's big idea that thankfully died when he left the book...I just meant that despite how he treated Jean she is a good character and person and such...

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Considering how he treated Jean, I wouldn't say so at all.

Warren had much better taste with Jean, Candy, Charlotte, and Betsy. Paige not so much lol. I also remember when Charlotte Jones was hinted at being a mutant in X-Factor because she could enter Ship who only allowed mutants to come in (Jean's parents, for example, couldn't).
    My two favorite ships are

Candy x Warren
    Charlotte x Warren

I enjoy Warren having relationships with non-superpowered amazons. Betsy to me felt like a step-down and only to highlight the alpha couple of Scott and Jean. Similar to how Barney and Betty highlighted Fred and Wilma in the flintstones.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    My two favorite ships are

Candy x Warren
    Charlotte x Warren

I enjoy Warren having relationships with non-superpowered amazons. Betsy to me felt like a step-down and only to highlight the alpha couple of Scott and Jean. Similar to how Barney and Betty highlighted Fred and Wilma in the flintstones.
    Even if Charlotte wasn't with Warren anymore, there was no reason to write her off. I wish she was brought back because I liked how the X-Men had significant others involved in the real world like Charlotte being a cop and Trish being a reporter.

I think a lot of couples feel like second-fiddle compared to Scott and Jean. Alex and Lorna get this a lot too and Storm and Forge frankly never really took off.

Ultimate Member

Yeah Scott and Jean's push that Marvel gave them really has hurt the other X-couples over the years, Storm and Forge had the capability of really going places and in many ways imho still do, as do Alex and Lorna, we've had enough of Scott and Jean's kids, what about one from Alex and Lorna, it could be one powerful kid...to me Betsy was a step up, partially because unlike in some respects Candy and Charlotte Betsy wasn't going to be a damsel in distress anytime soon...

I think that some of the non powered characters leave once they're no longer in a relationship with one of the X-people because to some that was their entire reason for even being in the comic in the first place...with little to nothing for them past that...