Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

I don't have the free comic book day issue. Does Archangel actually do anything, or is he background only.

I hope that you are right about Archangel and he still has a chance to appear.

That comic didn't have anybody doing anything, it just more tarot cards Saturnyne is reading. Here's the card, though (and yes, it could be bad):

Screenshot_20200810-164236_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    That comic didn't have anybody doing anything, it just more tarot cards Saturnyne is reading. Here's the card, though (and yes, it could be bad):

Screenshot_20200810-164236_1.jpg
    Hey, thanks!!! I may have seen this one before and forgotten it.
    He could be a background character, he could be more. Or, he may not appear at all. You never know with promo art.
    Looks like Apocalypse and some of his followers over the years. Except for Beast and Havok. Unless I haven't read a story with them involving Apocalypse.

I dont know how to read tarot cards. Does anyone know if the Hanged Man means anything besides change.

Been a while since I've read cards, but... Sacrifice and choice are two of the meanings, IIRC. Kind of a feeling of being between two states of mind. That could certainly represent Angel/Archangel.

Been a while since I've read cards, but... Sacrifice and choice are two of the meanings, IIRC. Kind of a feeling of being between two states of mind. That could certainly represent Angel/Archangel.
    Thanks again for more info. The feeling of being between two states of mind could refer to Angel/Archangel.
    If I'm lucky it will mean that Warren makes the choice to sacrifice the feather winged version of himself. He can just stay as Archangel.
    If I'm not lucky, well Archangel just sacrifices himself once and for all.

It's pretty hard to die permanently on Krakoa. Going back to Archangel makes more sense, if he does anything at all. It could all be a red herring. At least he appeared, though. There's no sign of Moonstar showing up in this crossover at all.

Captain Kate didn't find it very hard to die permanently on Krakoa.

I was exaggerating just a little about Archangel dying for good. Just a little bit. I'd be more afraid of Hippie Nu Angel coming back as part of a change regarding Archangel.

I think that Dani Moonstar would be a strong candidate to appear in Swords of X. She has a history as Valkyrie. I'd be surprised if she didn't show up.

Dear God, not Hippie Nu Angel! LOL, I don't think that's in the cards. If they don't like original Angel, I can't see them wanting the vapid version.

You'd think Dani would get something to do in X of Swords, but none of the writers seem to care. (I just clued in that X of Swords is a tarot card, not a good one either.)

Anyway, when I was looking for something else, I found out Warren made a cameo in X-Force vol. 1 #67. Not Adam Pollina's best art, but still pretty good.

20200810_174158.jpg

I was just making a joke about the idiot Nu Angel making a come back.

Unless Idiot Nu Angel is why the himbo slur was used on Warren . I'm joking about Idiot Nu Angel again, but I do think that himbo is a slur. That's just my opinion.

Adam Polina did what I thought was some good art on an obscure Angel miniseries years ago. The art was fine, but the story was kind of poor, and I wouldn't recommend trying to find it.

What does the X of Swords card mean? It's a bad one?

Well, it's generally depicted as a body with ten swords sticking in its back. Usually with the sun rising behind it, though. It represents endings and new beginnings.

Himbo I'd definitely an insult, but coming from Black Tom, I can't take it too seriously.

I saw the cover's for that Angel series, but I wasn't sure if they were real.

Well, it's generally depicted as a body with ten swords sticking in its back. Usually with the sun rising behind it, though. It represents endings and new beginnings.

Himbo I'd definitely an insult, but coming from Black Tom, I can't take it too seriously.

I saw the cover's for that Angel series, but I wasn't sure if they were real.
    Thanks for explaining the tarot card. So, X of Swords is possibly meant to be a literal new beginning for some of these X-Men. Interesting.

Normally I would agree that being called a himbo or something like it from a villain like Black Tom is just a character being a jerk. I'm really not sure in this case however.

It was pointed out that one of Leigh Williams' friends on twitter liked the himbo description of Warren, and I believe that was before the comic was released. X-Twitter seemed to love the idea. So, I think that calling Angel a slur like himbo could definitely be a deliberate put down.

I pointed out on the previous page of this thread that I don't follow twitter, and don't have a twitter account, but other members of this forum have seen it.
    Last edited by Thievery; 08-10-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Yeah, I can see how that could turn into a meme, but as long as Williams isn't writing more than ten pages, and unless other writers seem to pick it up, I don't think it's something to worry too much about. The JDW quote is more concerning to me, but right now I'm choosing to see it as a reference to early Angel, not the current one.

Still, it's a rough week to be an Angel fan. Hopefully, the next issue of the mini will be better. Zeb Wells and Vita Ayala are pretty good writers. Brisson, not so much, but he only gets a third of the book.

I'm still looking forward to the next issue of the mini.

I really like Zeb Wells and Vita Ayala. So I'm really excited about those two.

I've enjoyed most of Brisson's work that I have read by him, except for his use of New Mutants, and whatever hand that he had in the Disassembled story arch in Uncanny X-Men. So Brisson isn't a problem for me.
    Actually, I've found that just because I don't like one comic from a writer that doesn't mean that I dislike everything from that same writer. His New Mutants really is below average though.

It really does stink that JDW went out of his way to say that he doesn't like Warren though.
    Last edited by Thievery; 08-10-2020 at 06:21 PM. Reason: My spelling and grammar are both still bad, much like in the rest of this thread.uce

Yeah, it's like how Louise Simonson's X-Factor was terrific, but her New Mutants was terrible. She just seemed to want to get rid of the characters that were the core of the book.

That's why it's so important that writers like the characters they're writing, but sometimes that doesn't happen, for reasons I don't comprehend. If they only like one or two characters things can go downhill fast.

Simonson's X-Factor was indeed great. It doesn't hurt that she first brought about Archangel, my favorite character. Walt did some great art as well.

I get the feeling that I'm not as down on her New Mutants as you are Arachne. It wasn't great, but I didn't find it to be bellow average. I really didn't appreciate how Magik was written out. From what I've read of it I do like Claremont's run better. I really do

Usually when a writer only likes one or two characters in a team book, it means that the editor has picked the cast for the writer.

I've never understood why an editor would do that. Let the writers work on characters that they enjoy.

Except for Glob and Quinton Quire when Quire isn't being written by Morrison.
    Last edited by Thievery; 08-10-2020 at 06:49 PM. Reason: My grammar and spelling are still terrible.