Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 408
  1. #226
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Storm and Forge were a bit of a strange couple because nobody outside of Claremont was ever interested in them. And even Claremont never really did much with them after Fall of the Mutants. When Forge learned Storm was alive again there was no epic reunion or anything like that and instead Forge was flirting with Jean and Destiny was making prophecies that Mystique and Forge would end up together.

    I'm surprised Alex and Lorna haven't had a single kid in any AU.

    Betsy was never a damsel thankfully. I remember right before The Twelve storyline when Wolverine is exposed as a Skrull, Warren goes off to warn Betsy as he fears she'll be slim pickings without her powers (due to Psi-War) but she ends up saving him.

    Your comment makes sense about why the non-superpowered characters tend to get written off. Or even killed off like Candy or Sara Grey.

  2. #227
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,277

    Default

    Well other writers have at the very least hinted at their relationship and such and that the feelings never really went away between them. Alex and Lorna probably never had a kid because Marvel was to busy pushing Scott and Jean and their kids...

    There was also the time that Betsy intentionally threw herself off of a building just to make Warren have to fly in and rescue her, yeah Betsy wasn't the damsel in distress thankfully. She always matched him and I like that about them, neither is really always in charge, it depends on the situation at hand.

    Yeah that last bit works for Maddy as well to a degree, as soon as Jean was coming back to Marvel Maddy had to go...

  3. #228
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    612

    Default

    But the end of Storm and Forge's relationship in the early 90s was basically the end of them as a whole. Besides a few shared moments after that when Forge pops up, there was never anything done with their romance again. Speaking of which, Storm and Forge never had any AU kids either. Actually there aren't that many AU kids in the X-Men that aren't Scott and Jean's. Even Warren and Betsy never had any unless you count Jean and the unnamed girl Warren and Betsy had in the psychic delusion planted in his head during his death.

    What issue was that where Betsy threw herself off a building? Maybe that's also why you had some issues with UXF because in that run, Warren clearly wasn't able to be in charge after the first few issues and it was all left to Betsy. I think they acknowledge this themselves that it's become a co-dependent relationship in the sense that Betsy knows Warren needs her.

    Maddie's departure at least made sense because she was literally only created to act as a Jean replacement. The second Jean was back, Maddie was superfluous. I'm surprised they kept her around as long as they did.

  4. #229
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,277

    Default

    I'm not sure which issue it was but it was back during the 90's iirc, when they ran out on the check after Betsy sang at that nightclub they did make some jokes about X-relationships, how Betsy was supposed to have died a time or two and come back and Warren was supposed to be a clone of himself from another reality or something like that...yeah the only X-kids that can show up seem to only be from Scott and Jean, while a kid from W/B would probably be about the best looking X-kid ever once they grew up...

  5. #230
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm not sure which issue it was but it was back during the 90's iirc, when they ran out on the check after Betsy sang at that nightclub they did make some jokes about X-relationships, how Betsy was supposed to have died a time or two and come back and Warren was supposed to be a clone of himself from another reality or something like that...yeah the only X-kids that can show up seem to only be from Scott and Jean, while a kid from W/B would probably be about the best looking X-kid ever once they grew up...
    Ironic since it's not far off from what actually occurred to them. Betsy dead end up dying again and Warren sorta was replaced by another version of himself (NuAngel) although not from an AU.

    I wish Warren and Betsy's second daughter had been given a name because we were only told one of the girls' names which was Jean.

  6. #231
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,277

    Default

    Who knows, they could always have some reality warping mutant pick up on that vision that Betsy showed Warren before he died and make their kids a reality...that'd certainly be different...especially if they met the now British Betsy and didn't immediately recognize her as their mother...but rather thought that Kwannon was their mother because she looked like their mother...

  7. #232
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    But the end of Storm and Forge's relationship in the early 90s was basically the end of them as a whole. Besides a few shared moments after that when Forge pops up, there was never anything done with their romance again. Speaking of which, Storm and Forge never had any AU kids either. Actually there aren't that many AU kids in the X-Men that aren't Scott and Jean's. Even Warren and Betsy never had any unless you count Jean and the unnamed girl Warren and Betsy had in the psychic delusion planted in his head during his death.

    What issue was that where Betsy threw herself off a building? Maybe that's also why you had some issues with UXF because in that run, Warren clearly wasn't able to be in charge after the first few issues and it was all left to Betsy. I think they acknowledge this themselves that it's become a co-dependent relationship in the sense that Betsy knows Warren needs her.

    Maddie's departure at least made sense because she was literally only created to act as a Jean replacement. The second Jean was back, Maddie was superfluous. I'm surprised they kept her around as long as they did.
    UXM 353 and she was never in any real danger as that was when she had the shadow teleporting powers. Had Warren not caught her, she'd have just fell into the shadows and reappeared

  8. #233
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,277

    Default

    Yeah I don't think that was the point though, she was trying to force him to catch her if memory serves, and I remember back when the X-Men were all on Utopia and they had to use jetpacks to get somewhere and Betsy instead chose to have Warren fly her over himself...

  9. #234
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Who knows, they could always have some reality warping mutant pick up on that vision that Betsy showed Warren before he died and make their kids a reality...that'd certainly be different...especially if they met the now British Betsy and didn't immediately recognize her as their mother...but rather thought that Kwannon was their mother because she looked like their mother...
    Knowing Marvel, they'll just reveal that what Betsy showed Warren was really an AU all along like Kitty's Fairy Tale and the Bamfs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    UXM 353 and she was never in any real danger as that was when she had the shadow teleporting powers. Had Warren not caught her, she'd have just fell into the shadows and reappeared
    Thank you for confirming.

  10. #235
    Incredible Member Micabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Are Warren's current wings his normal feathered ones or are they hiding some T/O material inside of them?

  11. #236
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Knowing Marvel, they'll just reveal that what Betsy showed Warren was really an AU all along like Kitty's Fairy Tale and the Bamfs.



    Thank you for confirming.
    Well yeah that would work to, then again given that Betsy's own brother Jamie can remake reality he could also be an easy out for that if Marvel chose to go that way...after all he remade a body for Betsy before...

  12. #237
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well yeah that would work to, then again given that Betsy's own brother Jamie can remake reality he could also be an easy out for that if Marvel chose to go that way...after all he remade a body for Betsy before...
    Yeah, Jamie is an easy deux ex machina and they can retcon anything they'd like with him. Claremont already used him to bring Betsy back in the 2000s. Perhaps he could try and make amends with Betsy by giving her those two children to grow the family. Although it'd be a little awkward that the girl named Jean would be Asian looking considering Betsy isn't Asian anymore.

  13. #238
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,277

    Default

    Would it be awkward or full of drama to where they would think that Kwannon was their mother and not Betsy until they met her and even then...basically drama drama drama...

  14. #239
    The Queen of Maggots Izanami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Paradise of The Rotten Flesh
    Posts
    1,619

    Default

    Most likely they will use the Twins since they have been established. Although I prefer it if they just started from scratch with them. They are too much of an Expy of Remender's other twins.

    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

  15. #240
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Are Warren's current wings his normal feathered ones or are they hiding some T/O material inside of them?
    Sorry for responding late to your question.

    I don't think that it's really been entirely revealed what Warren's actual status is.

    I've seen Warren with the metal wings at one of the big mutant parties that the X-Men seem to constantly be having. I'm pretty sure that I've seen them in at least one other place. Sorry that I don't have the issue number for you.

    Since then I think that Warren has only been shown with the feathered wings. But he's not really appeared all that often.

    I do believe that I read in an interview somewhere that Angel's powers may have undergone some sort of change.

    I hope that this post makes some sense, and that it helps you out at least a little.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •