Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
Warren's psyche issues have become like Jean and the Phoenix or Betsy and her body issues or Rogue and not being able to touch, it's often a crutch for writers to go back to seemingly when something new evades them...well I think that part of the reason that Warren never noticed that Bobby was attracted to him was partially because for most of both characters time in comics Bobby wasn't attracted to him, then it all got retconned in that he was...as for Nicieza I actually got into the X-Men really when Revanche first showed up and I never really saw Betsy as just the Asian body from day one and understood mostly the whole body change with Kwannon vs Betsy thing so I never grew to hate it like others...if anything I quickly grew to hate the recent turning Warren back into Archangel more with how it happened and then his two psyche things, leaving alone the whole Paige problem...and how she told him that she'd talked to Betsy in the afterlife thing, as we never found out if that actually happened or not, and if it did then does Betsy remember it...
The characters never evolve and eventually they grow tiresome when their storylines only revolve around one issue. The ironic thing about the Warren-Bobby attraction thing is that way back in their Champions/New Defenders days, Bobby used to bring home girls who were only interested in him because of Warren.

The Revanche/Psylocke storyline wasn't that bad in X-Men 31-32 but the fact that almost ten issues earlier Nicieza had tried to resolve that storyline only to realize he had completely messed it up and needed to retcon his mistake made it really difficult to absorb. I'm not surprised he got a lot of criticism over it from readers. Also, frankly Revanche's introduction never amounted to anything. She was barely around and even when she was, she was reduced to wallpaper and never had any major story or emphasis beyond being introduced and then dying. I didn't even remember the whole storyline about Betsy in the afterlife until you mentioned it.