Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Warren Worthington: (Arch)Angel Appreciation 2020

Well, I haven't seen a new thread for Angel/Archangel yet. Maybe there is one and I just haven't seen it.

Same deal as last year, I hope that every one has a miserable new year . Unless you are someone who is able to post pictures in this thread. Then you will be appreciated in this appreciation thread.

So, here we go, somewhere to discuss Archangel. Let's have fun.

Walt Simonson's Archangel is the best:

Even without the death-skull helmet, he's still cool:

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-05-2020 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Added more words.

While Archangel was an interesting side trek for him, I was glad to have him back as Angel. Too bad they went and Archangel-ed him again, but at least now he can go back and forth.

Ultimate Member

It's still more than a bit concerning that so far Warren has done little to nothing in Krakoa or whatever, also wondering when he and Betsy are going to have a talk after all of her changes recently...still love those two together...

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    While Archangel was an interesting side trek for him, I was glad to have him back as Angel. Too bad they went and Archangel-ed him again, but at least now he can go back and forth.
    Why do you like the regular Angel version of Angel instead of Archangel. There's nothing wrong that you do. I'm just interested in why you like that version better.
    I'm personally way more fond of the Archangel version of the character. That's just a much more interesting version of the character in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It's still more than a bit concerning that so far Warren has done little to nothing in Krakoa or whatever, also wondering when he and Betsy are going to have a talk after all of her changes recently...still love those two together...
    Don't worry Logan. I'm sure that Warren and Betsy will run into each other eventually. I doubt that Warren thinks less of Betsy now change back to her Caucasian body. Still a little strange that we haven't seen him comment on it though. Well at least not that I know of.

And, I'm sure we will eventually see Warren on panel with Betsy as Captain Britain. I don't see why Archangel would have a problem with Betsy's promotion. If they talk about it, than I'm sure that it will probably end up being to offer her some support or something along those lines.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-19-2020 at 07:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Ultimate Member

I'm not saying that he would think any less of her or have a problem with her promotion, but yeah it's a bit strange that he hasn't said anything about it or talked to her about it...and I just have a feeling that Betsy's current situation won't last past this book, by that I mean that she won't be Captain Britain past the book so she'll basically have to remake herself all over again afterwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Why do you like the regular Angel version of Angel instead of Archangel. There's nothing wrong that you do. I'm just interested in why you like that version better.
    I'm personally way more fond of the Archangel version of the character. That's just a much more interesting version of the character in my opinion.
    I couldn’t stand the dark and brooding Archangel. It was a great character arc but not one I wanted to see permanently. I liked his cheerful millionaire playboy personality from the original X-Men and New Defenders. I loved it when X-Cutioner’s Song started with him acting like his old self. And he finally took that skullcap off so we could see he wasn’t bald...

4AF4C83D-54AA-4B8E-B883-C80ADB1AC4AC.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    They even had a limited series together.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

That Horseman story is still one of my favorite Archangel stories.
    I like the Simonson designed costume. The best outfit that Warren ever had. But, I still prefer Archangel's black and silver X-force colored version of the outfit, or even the blue and white colored one from Bunn's Uncanny X-Men better.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Apocalypse looks like he is doing a power-point presentation.

"As you can see gentlemen, the infographics dont lie to us"

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Apocalypse looks like he is doing a power-point presentation.

"As you can see gentlemen, the infographics dont lie to us"
    I know, right?! Simonson would be flabbergasted (but in a good way, hopefully).

BANNED

X-Men The Hellfire Club #2 Feb 2000
    "Toll the Bell Liberty"
    Irene Merryweather is in Philadelphia to meet a Professor Thornton Fieldish.
    Instead, she meets Archangel, who offers her a story about the Hellfire Club in the 1780’s, off the record.

His tale begins in 1780.
    Lady Grey wants a protégé to acquire military secrets from Major-General Wallace Worthington.
    She finds a young girl called Elizabeth Shaw and, in her, she sees the ambitions and desires necessary for the job.
    She takes her in and offers her the privileges that the Hellfire Club can offer to its loyal servants.
    At a glamorous party,

Elizabeth introduces herself to Wallace Worthington, who is there with his good friend, Captain Rogers.

They dance together and their romance begins to blossom.
    Before long, they are married, but Elizabeth makes the mistake of forgetting
    her duties to Lady Grey and, instead, falls in love with her husband.
    Lady Grey isn’t best pleased and takes matters into her own hands.
    She has two of her men grab Worthington and beat the information out of him.
    They then torch his house, with him inside it.
    Captain Rogers arrives to meet him and sees the burning building.
    Revealing himself to be Captain America,

he rescues his friend from the house, but Worthington’s injuries are severe.
    His wife arrives and apologizes for betraying him, but he dies in her arms.

Archangel ends his story by likening Elizabeth’s blind ambition to Irene’s.
    She thanks him for the story and asks him to pass on her thanks to the professor.
    Warren replies that he can’t.
    The professor is dead, as is anyone who gets too close.
    He asks if her story is really worth dying for.
    To Irene, it probably is.

Writer Ben Raab. Artist Charlie Adlard.