Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I couldn’t stand the dark and brooding Archangel. It was a great character arc but not one I wanted to see permanently. I liked his cheerful millionaire playboy personality from the original X-Men and New Defenders. I loved it when X-Cutioner’s Song started with him acting like his old self. And he finally took that skullcap off so we could see he wasn’t bald...

Attachment 91905
    His relationship with Charlotte Ross was quite interesting - where the image came from I think? A dater with her.. It had an entertaining dynamic. The hard tough cop (that still new how to have a good time) and the millionaire playful pretty boy but Warren also had depth too I think. Even before the 90's angst with Archangel (nothing wrong with that either}.

On Betsy: Not big on her as CB. I would like her closer to her outback days where she used her brains and aquired skills but more experienced through her merging with Kwannon when she became a ninja.

Anyway, found this rather amazing piece while browsing the net.

Gorgeous if a bit painful looking, lol.

Warren during the Messiah Complex I think?

Last edited by From The Shadows; 12-27-2020 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm not saying that it's definitely some alternate reality just that her death seems a bit odd and unlike many of the others so perhaps it was all in Jamie's plan for something in the future, then again he could have had a plan and just forgot it...he is mad after all...

Just saying that it's a possibility, sadly it's not the real Warren...
    I think that it is pretty easy to guess that this is an alternate reality version of Archangel. Sorry LoganAlpha30X33

Warren during the Messiah Complex I think?
    [/QUOTE]

I thought that the old Charlotte/Archangel pairing was perfectly fine. I thought that Charlotte did a good job of helping Warren get over the loss of his wings.

I still prefer the old Warren/Betsy pairing if we are talking about nostalgia pairings. I just thought that Warren/Betsy became to repetitive and played out, and I've turned against it, even if it was my favorite X-couple.

That first picture is a damn good piece of art. It really captures what I believe to be the best version of what Warren is about. Thanks for finding and posting it From The Shadows.

Yeah, I believe that the second piece of art comes from comes from Messiah Complex. I think it comes from the part of the story where Warren is helping to track down the Acolytes.

EDIT: I dont know how I messed your quote up, From the Shadows, but I think that I fixed it.
    Last edited by Thievery; 12-28-2020 at 08:41 AM.

Ultimate Member

Which to me only shows that all W/B would need is new ground to cover, as long as they didn't just retread everything they'd be great imho...