Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Apocalypse looks like he is doing a power-point presentation.

"As you can see gentlemen, the infographics dont lie to us"
    I know, right?! Simonson would be flabbergasted (but in a good way, hopefully).

BANNED

X-Men The Hellfire Club #2 Feb 2000
    "Toll the Bell Liberty"
    Irene Merryweather is in Philadelphia to meet a Professor Thornton Fieldish.
    Instead, she meets Archangel, who offers her a story about the Hellfire Club in the 1780’s, off the record.

His tale begins in 1780.
    Lady Grey wants a protégé to acquire military secrets from Major-General Wallace Worthington.
    She finds a young girl called Elizabeth Shaw and, in her, she sees the ambitions and desires necessary for the job.
    She takes her in and offers her the privileges that the Hellfire Club can offer to its loyal servants.
    At a glamorous party,

Elizabeth introduces herself to Wallace Worthington, who is there with his good friend, Captain Rogers.

They dance together and their romance begins to blossom.
    Before long, they are married, but Elizabeth makes the mistake of forgetting
    her duties to Lady Grey and, instead, falls in love with her husband.
    Lady Grey isn’t best pleased and takes matters into her own hands.
    She has two of her men grab Worthington and beat the information out of him.
    They then torch his house, with him inside it.
    Captain Rogers arrives to meet him and sees the burning building.
    Revealing himself to be Captain America,

he rescues his friend from the house, but Worthington’s injuries are severe.
    His wife arrives and apologizes for betraying him, but he dies in her arms.

Archangel ends his story by likening Elizabeth’s blind ambition to Irene’s.
    She thanks him for the story and asks him to pass on her thanks to the professor.
    Warren replies that he can’t.
    The professor is dead, as is anyone who gets too close.
    He asks if her story is really worth dying for.
    To Irene, it probably is.

Writer Ben Raab. Artist Charlie Adlard.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Walt Simonson's Archangel is the best:

Even without the death-skull helmet, he's still cool:

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    That Horseman story is still one of my favorite Archangel stories.
    I like the Simonson designed costume. The best outfit that Warren ever had. But, I still prefer Archangel's black and silver X-force colored version of the outfit, or even the blue and white colored one from Bunn's Uncanny X-Men better.
    A version of the outfit that will perhaps be used for live action in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Archangel's history of using swords has been brought up because of the Swords of X crossover. Archangel has used the sword he gained from an alternate reality Magik during Austin's Uncanny X-Men, a sword he gained from the Black Vortex powers, and NuAngel also had a sword. What are Archangel fans' favorite sword? Or, would you rather see something new, if Archangel were to appear in Swords of X?
    I think that I would like to see the alternate reality sword he gained from Magik. I never really cared for it before, but it might be interesting to see what the sword could actually do. That, and maybe we could find out what happened to it.

Also, in previous Archangel appreciation threads, Warren interacting with Monet and Magik was often something that fans talked about being interested in. Archangel will be shown with both of them in the Empyre event. I am happy about seeing both of them, but I think that I am most looking forward to seeing Archangel with Magik, seeing as how I don't believe that we have seen them on panel togather all that often. What do other people think?

I have to say that it is nice to have things to hopefully talk about with Archangel.
    This thread has been embarrassingly dead for a while now.
    Last edited by Thievery; 03-29-2020 at 11:20 AM.

Ultimate Member

Greatly because so far Warren has had little to nothing to do in this new X-world...

BANNED

X-Factor #52 Mar 1990
    "Celebrity!"
    Archangel watches from above as Officer Charlotte Jones discovers the body of the Morlock Wings,
    then saves her from a gang of crackheads before flying off, fighting the urge to kill the criminals.
    As he leaves, Sabretooth, watching from a nearby rooftop, shoots him down with an assault rifle.
    Meanwhile, Scott, Jean, Hank and Trish Tilby are on a double date when the restaurant is attacked by giant cockroaches.
    Meannwhile, Opal arrives at work and drops off dinner for Mole, who is still hiding in the basement of the music store.
    On a snowy rooftop, Sabretooth checks the fallen Archangel,

but gets his face slashed by Archangel's wings.

At the restaurant, Cyclops, Marvel Girl and Beast battle the massive bugs, finding it all
    familiar, as Bobby, babysitting Christopher, arrives at the music store where Opal works.
    Smitten with Opal, who's angry at Ship for blocking the sunlight from her apartment, he asks her out.

Elsewhere, Archangel and Sabretooth continue to fight,

with Sabretooth gutting Archangel.
    At the restaurant, Marvel Girl heads to the roof, where she discovers
    the Locust coordinating the attack, and she & Beast quickly defeat him.

At Power Records, Opal and Bobby leave on their date,
    followed by Mole, who fears for Opal's safety with Sabretooth on the loose.
    Elsewhere, Sabretooth taunts Archangel, telling him he laced his claws with a nerve poison, but Archangel
    manages to lash out with his wings, gutting Sabretooth as well, and the pair collapse into the bloody snow.

Story by Louise Simonson. Art by Terry Shoemaker and Al Milgrom.

Mighty Member

So how long is Marvel gonna ignore the elephant in the room and have him interact with Apocalypse in the current Krakoa era?

Ultimate Member

Probably about as long as they'll keep Warren and Betsy from interacting...

He and Betsy isnt really pressing matter in the way that he and Apocalypse are. I cant recall if they have even interacted since both he and Warren returned from the dead. Both were in Disassembled but Im drawing a blank on direct interaction. With Apocalypse being his most prominent nemesis and they living on the same island, we need to see something

Ultimate Member

Well Betsy is his most important romantic interest that he's ever had and she just recently returned to a British body and Warren knows a thing or two about that kind of thing and in recent years they've shown that the feelings are still there to some degree so it's not a strange thing to want them to interact a bit...and Apocalypse seems far more interested in the Excalibur group right now anyway...and Marvel doesn't really seem interested in Warren right now...

Warren and Betsy interacted quite a bit in Disassembled. Thats not high priority here.Besides on the same token, she is far more interested with Excalibur right now anyway. He hasnt had anything significant with Apocalypse since Messiah War. With both now alive, it needs to happen

Ultimate Member

Then again they haven't talked since she got back in a British body, and he played a big part in helping her adjust to the Asian body after Revanche showed up so there's that...and it's more that she's been marooned over in Excalibur, not affecting anything that's happening on Krakoa really...

I agree Apocalypse and Angel are high a priority. Besides I like the solo time Betsy is getting. I want to know his reaction to Angel's Ascendance and legacy. You don't ignore a significant moment like that. However, I do appreciate them branching out Apocalypse so he isn't stuck to Angel all the time.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I agree Apocalypse and Angel are high a priority. Besides I like the solo time Betsy is getting. I want to know his reaction to Angel's Ascendance and legacy. You don't ignore a significant moment like that. However, I do appreciate them branching out Apocalypse so he isn't stuck to Angel all the time.
    Agreed. Theres alot to cover. With Apocalypse having such a prominent power role on Krakoa, I really want to see how Warren feels about that. I cant see him sipping drinks with A like Scott and Jean were and if he does, then I want to know what the dynamics are between them now