Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

So I was reading Champions 5 and in this issue Archangel learns the exact amount of the fortune he is going to inherit. I immediately wanted to learn how his parents died (I think his dad was killed in Kazar 2 and his mom's death was shown in Hidden years if the info I obtained from wikis are correct). Anyone know more info?

So many parents and other family members of X-men end up dead. I knew Warren's parents were used in a Magneto story during the original X-men years but I hadn't realized they were later killed off. I guess I never thought much about them.

I'm trying to read more appearances by Angel and Iceman so I've been reading both Champions and New Defenders.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Agreed. Theres alot to cover. With Apocalypse having such a prominent power role on Krakoa, I really want to see how Warren feels about that. I cant see him sipping drinks with A like Scott and Jean were and if he does, then I want to know what the dynamics are between them now
    I'm not saying that I don't want Warren and Apocalypse to meet and sort out their issues, I'm just saying that we can both get what we want is all...

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    So I was reading Champions 5 and in this issue Archangel learns the exact amount of the fortune he is going to inherit. I immediately wanted to learn how his parents died (I think his dad was killed in Kazar 2 and his mom's death was shown in Hidden years if the info I obtained from wikis are correct). Anyone know more info?

So many parents and other family members of X-men end up dead. I knew Warren's parents were used in a Magneto story during the original X-men years but I hadn't realized they were later killed off. I guess I never thought much about them.

I'm trying to read more appearances by Angel and Iceman so I've been reading both Champions and New Defenders.
    Ive wanted to see his family explored as well. I mentioned in his last appreciation thread that I wish they'd give him a sister. Seeing him with a sibling would be a new type of relationship that he hasnt had yet which could be an interesting angle to go with him.

Ive wanted to see his family explored as well. I mentioned in his last appreciation thread that I wish they'd give him a sister. Seeing him with a sibling would be a new type of relationship that he hasnt had yet which could be an interesting angle to go with him.
    Since you brought up family I wouldn't mind seeing a half-sibling as you mentioned. I feel that his mother is not given enough development and might as well be a porcelain vase in the background. Unpopular opinion but I wouldn't mind seeing him help raise a child (adopted or not) who is not a mutant. I believe it would be an interesting dynamic but that may be overdone and not well played. Wouldn't mind seeing him visit the kid while he is free to do his superhero stuff. Going back to the topic, I do recall a cousin of his that was present to the funeral and an Aunt in First Class that was a botanist I believe.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Family should be a key part of every trust fund baby character but it seems Warren has a better chance of that being a focus in other media than in actual books.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Family should be a key part of every trust fund baby character but it seems Warren has a better chance of that being a focus in other media than in actual books.
    Which is weird because you would think that Angel would be a bigger seller as a lead along with Kurt given their looks and personality. But I guess that people don't like wings in comics as much?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Which is weird because you would think that Angel would be a bigger seller as a lead along with Kurt given their looks and personality. But I guess that people don't like wings in comics as much?
    Warren was one of the lead character of one of the best selling and critically acclaimed book of the last decade (Uncanny X-Force) so I dont think thats it. No writer has really cared for him since then though which is why he's primarily been in the background

It hasn't helped that Warren's movie portrayals are poorly done making him out like Aquaman from SuperFriends. All of my friends don't understand why he is one of my favorite characters in X-Men. He was done a disservice.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

A guy with wings is sadly not viewed as being visually cool enough by some writers and such it seems, he doesn't have a flashy power compared to some of the other X-characters and so he's sadly to often ignored for other characters...and perhaps the whole two personalities in his head thing has hurt him over the last several years...

How do you prefer Angel? My brother and I discuss this regularly. He likes Angel with feathered wings. I prefer the blue faced metal winged Archangel.

The last several years we have the best of both worlds as he can transform between the two versions, but I am still wondering your preference?

Angel is going to be in the X-men Empyre book and he will be in his red costume (he also recently appeared in Hellions #1). What is your fav Angel look/costume?

How do you prefer Angel? My brother and I discuss this regularly. He likes Angel with feathered wings. I prefer the blue faced metal winged Archangel.

The last several years we have the best of both worlds as he can transform between the two versions, but I am still wondering your preference?

Angel is going to be in the X-men Empyre book and he will be in his red costume (he also recently appeared in Hellions #1). What is your fav Angel look/costume?
    I strongly prefer Archangel's metal wings and blue skin. They just look cooler, and are better in combat. Warren gets lost in the shuffle whenever he has only his feathered wings. There are to many other characters with flying plus other powers for him to standout next to them. He seems to receive better stories and more panel time with his metal wings.

At first, I really enjoyed Archangel's Hulk like transformation between his feather winged and metal winged forms. It gave him something different that the other X-Men didn't have. My liking of that went away when Archangel ascended to become Apocalypse. And, now Warren seems to be stuck in a cycle where it is hard to tell if he has duel personalities that he is struggling to control, if he can control both forms, or he is something else. I liked how Bunn handled him, and then that seemed to be thrown aside.

We haven't seen enough of Warren since DoX to know what his status really is. I'm looking forward to seeing him appear in Empyre.

I like the black and silver X-Force Archangel costume, and the blue and white Archangel costume that Archangel wore in Bunn's Uncanny X-Men.
    Warren's red costume is probably my second least favorite of all of his costumes.

Huh. Somehow I did not include these responses in my previous post. So here they are.

So how long is Marvel gonna ignore the elephant in the room and have him interact with Apocalypse in the current Krakoa era?
    Yes. This needs to be addressed for sure. I know that the X-Men have accepted a lot of villains onto Krakoa, and get along with them. I also know that Archangel has worked on an X-Men team that included Magneto, Sabretooth, and Mystique. But Archangel playing nice with Apocalypse seems a lot different to me. Warren really hates the guy. It would be really interesting to see how he interacts with Apocalypse right now.

It would also be interesting to see what Apocalypse thinks of Warren now, seeing as how Archangel actually took over the role of Apocalypse.
    But, I get the feeling that Marvel wants A to have the Apocalypse role all to himself, and I cant blame them for that.

I remember reading those posts of yours. That was a great idea that you had.
    I think that his uncle should also show up one more time. Maybe Uncle Burt has a child of his own to give Warren problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Since you brought up family I wouldn't mind seeing a half-sibling as you mentioned. I feel that his mother is not given enough development and might as well be a porcelain vase in the background. Unpopular opinion but I wouldn't mind seeing him help raise a child (adopted or not) who is not a mutant. I believe it would be an interesting dynamic but that may be overdone and not well played. Wouldn't mind seeing him visit the kid while he is free to do his superhero stuff. Going back to the topic, I do recall a cousin of his that was present to the funeral and an Aunt in First Class that was a botanist I believe.
    I think that I would give Warren's mother's history a little bit of an overhaul. Instead of being just another wealthy woman, perhaps she could have been some kind of adventurer before she met Warren's dad.

As for the child idea, I know that it wont happen, but I would still like the Apocalypse Twins to return. Maybe their mother would have them resurrected as babies on Krakoa, so she could raise them on her own. there's a way for Warren to have to help take care of kids. And he would have to get along with their mother, who I'm sure that he wouldn't like, seeing as she was evil even before she became a Horseman Just my little idea that I expect will never happen.

Without hesitation, my preference would definitely be Archangel with metallic/slasher wings capable of firing razor-sharp flechettes laced with a neuro-toxin which causes severe paralysis and untold trauma on its intended victims:

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-18-2020 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Without hesitation, I would definitely prefer Archangel with metallic/slasher wings capable of firing razor-sharp flechettes laced with a neuro-toxin which causes severe paralysis and untold trauma on its intended victims:
    Yes, exactly!!! Your response to the question was infinitely better than my own, so many thanks to you.

Could I inquire as to where that picture that you posted comes from. I cant recall it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Yes, exactly!!! Your response to the question was infinitely better than my own, so many thanks to you.
    You're very welcome, and thanks for the compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Could I inquire as to where that picture that you posted comes from. I cant recall it.
    Here's the link where I found that totally cool image:
    https://sea.ign.com/marvel-ultimate-...-order-e3-2019