Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Simone Bianchi's Archangel:

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post

Oooh niiice!

Ultimate Member

Cool art, wonder why they only ever made the lady X-Men models, one would have thought that some fashion designer would have loved for say Warren to be one of their models, though the wings would present a problem, and to think of having Warren and Betsy on fashion covers in the Marvel U...

I absolutely adore how Bianchi rendered his Wings. Beautiful, violent...they almost look like water at some points and but theres also that scrunched effect, unquestionably metal....god I sound so corny lol. its not always that we get comic book art that feels so poetic .

BANNED

X-Factor #53 Apr 1990
    "Ghosts"
    Caliban attacks Archangel, who is wounded after his fight with Sabretooth.
    Elsewhere, Marvel Girl and Cyclops go for a romantic walk in the park.
    Meanwhile, Bobby and Opal Tanaka try to go out for dinner, but the restaurant Bobby has chosen is closed.
    As they head to Opal’s apartment to eat in, they are followed by Mole, the Morlock.

While not far away, Caliban and Archangel battle on a New York rooftop,

with Archangel being seriously injured.

Elsewhere, Cyclops proposes to Marvel Girl.

During their stroll to Opal's apartment, Nathan Christopher’s stroller suddenly spots Mole,
    who accidentally phases through a crane and topples steel beams onto Bobby and Opal.
    Bobby saves them with an ice barrier.

Finally, the fight between Archangel and Caliban ends after they fall to the streets below.

A triumphant Caliban leaves Archangel in the care of Officer Jones.

Elsewhere, Bobby angrily encases Mole in ice.
    Opal asks Bobby to release Mole, as he is her friend.

Meanwhile, Marvel Girl troubled by Phoenix and Madelyne’s memories, turns Cyclops down.

Elsewhere, Opal and Bobby continue to her apartment and Mole
    returns to the sewers where Sabretooth is waiting for him.

Story by Louise Simonson. Art by Terry Shoemaker and Al Milgrom.

Mighty Member

Clay Mann art:

Mighty Member

Don't recognize the artist signature but I love this one:

Mighty Member

Ultimate Member

Clay Mann art:

Always loved the two together, since that is Betsy and not Kwannon, I never liked the outfit that Warren wore during the time that he was with Paige, or the Hippie version...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Here's the link where I found that totally cool image:
    I'm sorry that I'm so late in responding to your post sharing that link to that piece of Archangel art, but please allow me to say thanks.

That is indeed a fine piece of Archangel art. Thank you for sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I absolutely adore how Bianchi rendered his Wings. Beautiful, violent...they almost look like water at some points and but theres also that scrunched effect, unquestionably metal....god I sound so corny lol. its not always that we get comic book art that feels so poetic .
    Nah, you don't sound corny at all. That's a nice description of that piece of artwork. Never be afraid to share what you think about something.

Clay Mann art:
    I've seen that one before, but thank you for reposting it. I don't care much for feather winged version of Archangel, but that piece is genuinely beautiful in my opinion.

Don't recognize the artist signature but I love this one:

Thanks for posting this one. I love it to. It's a nice piece of art from when Archangel was possessed by the death seed and had risen to become the new Apocalypse.

Ultimate Member

Kind of sad though that Warren has seemingly been reduced to being a chaperone for the new kids recently...

Its a role that could suit him well. He should have been featured in Next Gen more than he was. He's one of the few veteran X-man that hasnt done much of any mentorship to the younger generation. Even in X-Factor, he was largely off the team as the X-terminator kids were being introduced and once he came back, they split off. Im here for him taking some kids under his wing

Ultimate Member

I'm partially against the mentor role as it could very easily be a way to sideline him for the upcoming future, keep him stuck in one book and out of the main storyline...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm partially against the mentor role as it could very easily be a way to sideline him for the upcoming future, keep him stuck in one book and out of the main storyline...
    Like he isnt already being sideline and has been for years. Thats a weak excuse bc plenty of X-men mentor younger characters and manage to be utilize

Ultimate Member

They may mentor younger characters but they're not stuck on a book where it's all about the younger characters, when Logan was mentoring Jubilee they were both still in one of the main books, one on one mentoring is different than Warren's upcoming storyline...