Incredible Member

Default New LEGION. Thoughts?

I haven’t jumped in yet. I was wondering what those reading the new series think of it thus far. Would it be worth my money? I’ve enjoyed Young Justice so far, so I was considering Legion.

There's this thread here to get you started: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...roes-3-preview (I know it says "preview," but people are discussing the latest issue)

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I haven’t jumped in yet. I was wondering what those reading the new series think of it thus far. Would it be worth my money? I’ve enjoyed Young Justice so far, so I was considering Legion.
    If you're genuinely enjoying the new Young Justice book so far then Legion is something that you should seriously think about getting. In my opinion, it's simply a stronger book than Young Justice.

The only thing that may put you off is the fact that the first two issues sort of just throw you into the world, and that can be a bit hard for you to find footing. Even though this is actually deliberate on the part of the creative team (our point of view character is just as confused), it may still be hard for you.

But issue 3 is where things start to take shape and personalities and dynamic start to form. And it retroactively highlights those things in the previous issues to a degree. In an interview the writer, Bendis, has explained that he'll be dividing up the team into more manageable sizes in the coming issues, and that already shows to a degree with issue 3, so look forward to that if you decide to pick this up.

Hope you enjoy the book.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.