Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Hellions #15 The best-laid plans of machines and mutants

Issue opens with the fanatics of Orchis stationed outside the perimeter of Krakoa. Using a satelite, they manage to link up to the baby machine that Nanny had adopted. Orchis is uncapable of commandeering the infant bot... they are however able to pigback off of it to other machines in Krakoa, notably Nanny's ship.

Sinister and Sinister make it to Murderworld, where Sinister reveals that he's made significant progress outside of the eye of Krakoa via the information procured from Tarn. It's also confirmed that the Locus Vile are Chimera

The Locus Vile manage to slaughter Sinister's clones and Tarn prepares to cruelly torture and kill the Hellions. Kwannon however prevents this by providing Tarn with the information he so desires. Which in turns causes him to leave the Locus Vile to confront Sinister (And create an open portal to Murder World in the process).

Abominal Fetus hungers, and the vile in response become too concerned with trying to quell him that they can't mount a defense/assault on the Hellions.

Kwannon comes clean about the truth to the Hellions and Greycrow snaps, killing the Vile and unintentionally feeding Abominal Fetus. We then learn Fetus is a mutant that comes in four stages and that when it reaches stage four, it will begin to devour time from the universe, unless it's disposed in a Black Hole. This situation causes Tarn to let Sinister go as he can't allow the Abominal Infants destroy the Infants.

The Hellions confront Sinisters from the Portal he created, and we discover Sinister's goal. To create a Sinister with the powers of Tarn, the powers of a reality warper.

The Hellions initially are about to blow Sinister and his facility away, but Psylocke manages to convince them not to by revealing the reason she's been working with Sinister this entire time. That being the hope of resurrecting her Human daughter.

The issue ends with the reveal that Empath is a double/sleeper agent who mind controls alex to destroy the entire Sinister facility while also telling Sinister that Emma sends her regards.

I think I'd like to speak for everyone and say that the most mind blowing parts of this issue are at the very beginning and very end. I also can't imagine the situation is going to be better on Krakoa with what Emma has made Havok do.

Extraordinary Member

Damn this book is soooooooo good

Astonishing Member

This raises some interesting questions about the chimeras of the X2 timeline, since in retrospective it seems that Sinister managed to create whole armies and multiple generations of them in barely 100 years compared to how long Tarn seems to have required to produce the 5 we see.

But then again, we don't know how much contact he had to Tarn in that timeline, given that it was noted how Apocalypse and Moira freed his first horsemen, which should logicaly involve getting Arrako on their side too.

Also we finaly what Empath was good for, despite being the least interesting or involved character in the series.

Perfect book. Love it completely. Amazing reveals.

This book gets weirder and weirder and I absolutely love it. Lots of interesting twists here!
    The scene of the "infants" coming from Amino Fetus was nasty. But I like Tarn and the Locus Vile so I hope they stick around.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Now we know why Empath is blond!!!! He was getting in good with mama Em!

This book is an absolute joy to read. The pacing throughout the series has been on point, so it’s not like I was impatient to see the culmination of a major plot, but now here we are and it was an amazing delivery. The Amino Fetus is just truly grotesque body horror stuff. It makes you question “why” anyone would make such a thing and the answer is “because I can.” Just bone-chilling stuff. But true to form, there is always a line that makes me laugh or smile to make the horror bearable. Caped Sinister is a total sellout.

Psylocke is NOT going to be happy with Empath or Emma, I imagine. She is going to go Liam Neeson Taken up in here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Issue opens with the fanatics of Orchis stationed outside the perimeter of Krakoa. Using a satelite, they manage to link up to the baby machine that Nanny had adopted. Orchis is uncapable of commandeering the infant bot... they are however able to pigback off of it to other machines in Krakoa, notably Nanny's ship.

Sinister and Sinister make it to Murderworld, where Sinister reveals that he's made significant progress outside of the eye of Krakoa via the information procured from Tarn. It's also confirmed that the Locus Vile are Chimera

The Locus Vile manage to slaughter Sinister's clones and Tarn prepares to cruelly torture and kill the Hellions. Kwannon however prevents this by providing Tarn with the information he so desires. Which in turns causes him to leave the Locus Vile to confront Sinister (And create an open portal to Murder World in the process).

Abominal Fetus hungers, and the vile in response become too concerned with trying to quell him that they can't mount a defense/assault on the Hellions.

Kwannon comes clean about the truth to the Hellions and Greycrow snaps, killing the Vile and unintentionally feeding Abominal Fetus. We then learn Fetus is a mutant that comes in four stages and that when it reaches stage four, it will begin to devour time from the universe, unless it's disposed in a Black Hole. This situation causes Tarn to let Sinister go as he can't allow the Abominal Infants destroy the Infants.

The Hellions confront Sinisters from the Portal he created, and we discover Sinister's goal. To create a Sinister with the powers of Tarn, the powers of a reality warper.

The Hellions initially are about to blow Sinister and his facility away, but Psylocke manages to convince them not to by revealing the reason she's been working with Sinister this entire time. That being the hope of resurrecting her Human daughter.

The issue ends with the reveal that Empath is a double/sleeper agent who mind controls alex to destroy the entire Sinister facility while also telling Sinister that Emma sends her regards.

I think I'd like to speak for everyone and say that the most mind blowing parts of this issue are at the very beginning and very end. I also can't imagine the situation is going to be better on Krakoa with what Emma has made Havok do.
    So tarn is a reality warper? Nice

This issue was so damn good.

I still dont fully understand Tarn BUT holy F he's gonna come back pissed.

Also those last 3 pages were awesome and heartbreaking.

You should def read the issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    This raises some interesting questions about the chimeras of the X2 timeline, since in retrospective it seems that Sinister managed to create whole armies and multiple generations of them in barely 100 years compared to how long Tarn seems to have required to produce the 5 we see.

But then again, we don't know how much contact he had to Tarn in that timeline, given that it was noted how Apocalypse and Moira freed his first horsemen, which should logicaly involve getting Arrako on their side too.

Also we finaly what Empath was good for, despite being the least interesting or involved character in the series.
    I don't think Hickman was basing that on anything that ended up happening here. It is not like Sinister breeding mutants with combined powers was something anyone was shocked by when we read it as we have seen him do lots of crazy stuff already.

And it sounds like this book is wrapping up, or maybe just closing off some initial plot threads, with some nods to Inferno.

Emma was the star of this issue and she didn't even appear. So good.

Astonishing Member

Can Emma just take over ? She's clearly more competent then everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Can Emma just take over ? She's clearly more competent then everyone else
    Seems to be where we're heading in Inferno she just needs to take out Moira

You would think with how worried of Sinister Charles and Erik are they would try and monitor him and his actions a little bit more better
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Amazing Member

What an issue.

I don't see how things can go well with Havok at this point -- how many layers of mind control has he been through just in this series alone?