Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Really enjoyed most of Marvel's Netflix shows & was bummed that they all got cancelled. DD & Jessica Jones are some of the best TV shows ever made - amazing. I would buy a Blu-ray boxed set of all the shows in a New York minute, but I doubt that will ever happen; physical media is not that popular anymore, and only a couple of seasons of some of these shows have been released to DVD/Blu.

Here is my order of preference re: these series:

Daredevil S01-S03: I was a huge fan of Frank Miller's DD as a kid back in the '80's, and this series captured the tone/vibe of those comics perfectly. The casting was perfect as well - extremely well-done. It's too bad we didn't get a S04; the semi-cliffhanger at the end of S03 hinted at the possibility of another season.

Jessica Jones S01- S03: Really enjoyed this series. Liked the combination of a super-hero show with a detective neo-noir vibe/tone. Really dug the jazzy opening theme song, and the score throughout the series. S01 and S03 were particularly strong. Still liked S02, but less so.

Punisher S01-S02: Bone-crunchingly brutal & vicious show, that very strongly reminded me of the comic it was based on. Excellent.

Luke Cage S01-S02: Solid show, with a great vibe & excellent music. Especially liked S01; the drama & pathos of having Cage fight a former friend (at the end) was an interesting twist.

Iron Fist S01-S02: Good series. Great combination of karate/martial arts fights & mystical/magical elements. Colleen Wing's pit fighting sequences were off the hook - fantastic.

The Defenders - one-shot season: My least favorite of the Netflix Marvel series. It was OK, but I preferred seeing these characters in their own shows instead of fighting as a team. That being said, it was still interesting to see how this series tied into the individual shows.

Also liked Cloak & Dagger S01 (still need to see S02). Very underrated show. I was a big fan of the characters back in the '80's after their first appearance in the comic Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man. And, I enjoyed how this show updated the characters' powers, and transplanted the setting to modern day New Orleans - very clever; I also liked the voodoo/mystical elements. Still need to see S02, but I have no doubt I will like that as well.

The Gifted S01-S02: Excellent show which borrows heavily from the X-men comics. Also very underrated.

i'm not going to miss any of that stuff, that's for sure.