Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spectacular Member

A yakuza style game, starring Cassandra Cain.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    A Legion Of Superheroes Explorer/Action Space themed game. The game would start with the forming of the U.P. and the initial formation of the Legion starting with the 3 founders.Conduct Legion tryouts and explore other worlds to recruit new members. Collect artifacts from around the DCU to add to museums.
    Ooh, this could be insanely fun.

*Dozens* of potential recruits, with a mission to unlock each one, and you'd be able to field teams of up to X number to send on various missions, some of which you play through with your selected team, some of which you just send them off to level them up independently (that way team members you aren't actively playing can still level up, without you having to manually level everyone up yourself). The more you recruit, and the more of them you have leveled up, the more versatility and the more options you have available for the active missions, when you need them.

For each mission, you'd pick from your unlocked Legionnaires based on their individual powers, which 'niche' or role they offer to the team, who 'needs to be leveled' or just who is already at the level needed for that mission (because you always pick them, because they are your favorites!)...

Each section of space unlocked would add new missions / adventures / threats to deal with, and add new recruit options, and open up new territories to unlock, as your UP grows (and becomes adjacent to yet more unexplored regions, from which threats can come to your expanding UP, and provide potential new territories to join the union, in the future).

Fun stuff, and endlessly expansive, potentially.

That and the Aquaman/Atlantis set game sound most fun to me. I like the idea of the multiple cities of the expanded Atlantis setting (Poseidonis, etc.) being the setting, entirely underwater.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 01-24-2020 at 07:18 AM.

A Birds of Prey scenario game allowing you to choose between Black Canary, Huntress, Lady Blackhawk and Renee Montoya. An action RPG unlocking new skills, weapons and powers.

A Cyborg action RPG in vein the Deus Ex games.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-27-2020 at 04:58 AM.

A Flash game done in the style of the old Sonic the Hedgehog games.

And just to throw out the craziest idea, a Justice League dating sim!

Extraordinary Member

I’d back the Superman TellTale game... except I might make it a “Metropolis” game, where you play as Jimmy Olsen or Lois Lane doin the investigating, with the biggest player-choice Denison impacting whether or not Clark shares his identity and whether or not you get Lex to drop his mask and you get to outmaneuver him. Have Superman be the supporting character to them. Jimmy can have absolutely crazy adventures in a Metropolis that has refugee Kryptonian tech, left-over B-13 tech, and Apokilips stuff from Intergang, while Lois has a somewhat more straightlaced mystery to investigate.

Then, how’s about an Arkham game designed for the entire Batfamily: Cass can be a combat-specific character, Steph a Predator exclusive character, and everyone available for just a bevy of crime scenes and occasional villain-based challenges.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    A yakuza style game, starring Cassandra Cain.
    Katana would make more sense though, plus her soul sword thing would make it more fun.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Some great ideas here! WB should really just pay us to pitch them video game ideas!
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Mind MGMT, Promethea

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    A Suicide Squad themed Strategy game, like an odd type of Xcom style combat. You get to play as Waller’s new second in command, a fill in for Rick Flag, and every mission you get to pick a squad up new and existing villains/characters who you send out to carry out missions.
    That would be a great idea.
    Unfortunately, most modern players find squad-based tactics games too complex, too hard and too involved.

I remember being disappointed that Avengers Alliance Tactics couldn't find an audience.
    It was the best non-official Heroclix type game that's been on pc so far, IMHO.

I would love a DC game like Avengers Alliance Tactics.
    Maybe use the name 'Task Force X' or 'Justice League Task Force' so it could include all of DC's heroes (and some villains).
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

A John Constantine point and click adventure game in the mold of Telltale, Dontnod etc.

An underwater set Aquaman game involving not just Atlantis but also other places as well. Like Tritonis, home of the merpeople, with appearances by Lori Leramis and her husband Ronal, things like that. Supporting characters should include other than the always ubiquitous Mera and Vulko, the Aqualads and lasses, Garth, Kaldur, Tula, Lorena as well as Dolphin. Enemy units would include Rebel Atlantean troops, Trench monsters, Manta Troopers, various sea monsters, etc. Of course the boss characters would the expected villain heavy hitter for Aquaman: Orm, Black Manta, King Shark and co. Depending on how the underwater controls work and how cleverly Aquaman's marine telepathy powers are used, I think it would do very well.

How about a dragon age/mass effect(the ones people like) type of RPG with morality choices that effect the game based in a Kingdom come type world where you determine who you morally align with a side in an argument which determines who you will end up fighting and how it will impact the outcome of the world. Obviously not exactly Kingdom come because we would know the ending.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Amazing Member

1) I agree with those who suggested an Ultimate Alliance type game with DC heroes.... something like an upgraded version of the Justice League Heroes game.

2) How about DC Universe Online 2 ? The current DCUO desperately needs an upgrade.

3) Ok, this one is a board game although there is an online version : Cosmic Encounters ... but with a Legion of Superheroes twist. Instead of playing as one of the game's aliens you play as a member of the LSH, each with its own unique power. The game comes close to capturing the "feel" of an actual superpower.... because the powers allow you to break or modify the rules in some fundamental way. It's not just, "+2 to strength if you have so-and-so card." The Legion is a good fit because of the large cast and the fact that most legionnaires have one -- and only one -- clearly defined power. That last point simplifies the mechanics.

Some of the existing aliens already have counterparts in the Legion : Dream Girl can take over the alien called Oracle who has the "power to foresee." She can view the card an opponent plays before playing her own card. The Macron has the "power of mass." Each of his ship is worth 4 instead of 1. The term "mass" makes me think of Star Boy. The Reincarnator assumes the identity and powers of a randomly determined alien every time he loses an encounter. So basically, he is a shape-shifter like Chameleon Boy.

Other legionnaires might require more thought but that's the general idea. it probably needs additional gameplay mechanics. I'm hoping for a co-op mode and an online version.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jertz666 View Post
    2) How about DC Universe Online 2 ? The current DCUO desperately needs an upgrade.
    Ooh, I loved playing in the *world* of DC, going on missions with familiar characters, fighting familiar villains, etc. but the gameplay sucked so hard, since it was designed to be balanced between console gaming platforms with six buttons and me with my 40-something keys on my keyboard, growing up on MMOs like WoW or ESO or FFXIV or EQ2 where I could have *dozens* of cool spells and powers and fighting techniques all available at once, and not 'which six powers of my forty or so am I ever going to get to use...'

I'd love an MMO with a more robust set of options set in the same familiar four-color DC world!

A Legion of Superheroes fighting game.

i miss this game... maybe they could bring it back...

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    In response to the idea for marvel video game threads which video game ideas would you like in dc games?
    I would like to see JUSTICE LEAGUE HEROES done with current tech.

I think there should be games for all the iconic League events and stories that you can play through. Hera knows the movies are not using them.