Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Killer frost made A Hulk joke too. It's just a bit of fun, your being way to critical. My favorite cross company joke outside of all Deadpools constant shitting on BvS and Green Lantern is Lego Batman. The Ironman sucks password had me dying in that movie.
    I hated Green Lantern like everyone else, but I still had a big grin when Berlanti essentially "canonized" it in Crisis.

It was one of his first DC works, after all. If I were him and I had the opportunity, I'd do it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    It's funny that DC Comics exists within the Arrowverse, too, or at least in the Pre-Crisis multiverse. Black Lightning saw two Supermen and was in disbelief that they existed IRL.

Post-Crisis remains to be seen, though.
    We know Super Friends also existed in some form on Earth-1 since that's where the Legends got the name "Legion of Doom" from.

Barry also read Space Ghost comics.
    I hated Green Lantern like everyone else, but I still had a big grin when Berlanti essentially "canonized" it in Crisis.
    More like he canonized his own GL take, albeit by reusing footage of the movie .

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So Batwoman just made a reference to Captain America and a previous episode of Legends made a reference to Spider-Man. So...how is this possible? Superman is the one who created the term superhero. So where did they come from in the Arrow-verse?
    If you want an in-universe reason for this instead of "it's just a pop culture reference," consider this...

Superman as a "real person" doesn't need to exist on the Arrowverse-Earth-1. He exists there as he does on our Earth -- as a comic book character.

Therefore, just as he created/popularized the term "superhero" here, he did so on Arrowverse-Earth-1.

We know DC comics of some sort exist in the Arrowverse because, besides Legends of Tomorrow, Cisco made a "Super Friends" and "Legion of Doom" reference at the end of Flash Season 4. In an earlier Season 4 episode, someone (I think Harrison Welles) was reading an issue of "Young All-Stars."

So, if DC Comics exist there, it stands to reason that Marvel Comics and the MCU exist there, too.

Marvel and dc has as universe called the crossoververse that has marvel, dc, and transformers in the same universe and why not have them in the dc multiverse. Spider-man has a version in the dc universe as marvel vs dc issue 1 confirmes Spider-Man and batman one shot was in the dc universe!

Killer frost made A Hulk joke too. It's just a bit of fun, your being way to critical. My favorite cross company joke outside of all Deadpools constant shitting on BvS and Green Lantern is Lego Batman. The Ironman sucks password had me dying in that movie.
    Speaking of Deadpool, I also loved in Teen Titans GO... to the movies, when the Titans encountered Deathstroke they insisted that he was Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Marvel has referenced the existence of DC characters a few times, although I'm not sure if they've ever done it in the movies.
    In the original Spider-Man movie, Peter Parker says "shazam" when trying to figure out how his web powers work in the first Spider-Man movie and as a cheer during the rally in the third movie. Peter's aunt joking reminds him he's not Superman (when referring to the load of responsibilities he's taken on himself in the final act of the first one. Given that he was mentioned to have read comics a lot as a kid in the second movie, it would make sense if DC was on his reading list.

Don't specifically recall DC references in the MCU, though.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    In the original Spider-Man movie, Peter Parker says "shazam" when trying to figure out how his web powers work in the first Spider-Man movie and as a cheer during the rally in the third movie. Peter's aunt joking reminds him he's not Superman (when referring to the load of responsibilities he's taken on himself in the final act of the first one. Given that he was mentioned to have read comics a lot as a kid in the second movie, it would make sense if DC was on his reading list.

Don't specifically recall DC references in the MCU, though.
    Peter's suit gives him a "Batman" voice in Spiderman homecoming when interrogating Donald Glover but that's all I can think of. And it doesnt really count since they're no name drop

Incredible Member

nothing new , aunt may reference superman in the old raimi spiderman movies..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S323aA1I6WE

Peter's suit gives him a "Batman" voice in Spiderman homecoming when interrogating Donald Glover but that's all I can think of. And it doesnt really count since they're no name drop
    Yeah, that's not a DC-specific joke, given that the voice scrambler thing is a well established form of humor.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I think they overdid it a little on Flash (referring to the Professor X chair and Doc Ock arms for Thinker), but generally, it's all in good fun.

It's funny that DC Comics exists within the Arrowverse, too, or at least in the Pre-Crisis multiverse. Black Lightning saw two Supermen and was in disbelief that they existed IRL.

Post-Crisis remains to be seen, though.
    Also Anissa and Grace reading Outsider comics. Now that's a weird one.

I just think it's interesting that Marvel followed the exact same path in the Arrow-verse that it did in the real world. Right down to the MCU. The reference was a specific reference to Chris Evans. And, yeah, Black Lightning having Superman exist in his universe but not any other characters is kind of weird.
    Also Thea making a reference to Age of Ultron during one of the crossovers.

Dr. Strange asked Tony Stark if Peter Parker is his ward. Guess that's not a direct reference. Really, no one in the MCU has so much as said the word "kryptonite"?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I think they overdid it a little on Flash (referring to the Professor X chair and Doc Ock arms for Thinker), but generally, it's all in good fun.

Also Anissa and Grace reading Outsider comics. Now that's a weird one.

Also Thea making a reference to Age of Ultron during one of the crossovers.

Dr. Strange asked Tony Stark if Peter Parker is his ward. Guess that's not a direct reference. Really, no one in the MCU has so much as said the word "kryptonite"?
    No I think Happy called the Avengers Tony's "Super Friends" though. But again that can be taken as a reference or just literaly

How does Superman exist in the Spiderman Universe. Peter and Aunt May have made references to Superman.

I just think it's interesting that Marvel followed the exact same path in the Arrow-verse that it did in the real world. Right down to the MCU. The reference was a specific reference to Chris Evans. And, yeah, Black Lightning having Superman exist in his universe but not any other characters is kind of weird.
    I don't think Superman existed in Black Lightning's world, I think he was actually a comic book character there. I remember them talking about comics back in S1 of BL and Supergirl was mentioned as was Vixen. Which is why he was amazed when he saw Superman in Crisis, and even mentioned it in the latest episode of BL about him being "real"

Buried Alien is the name of Barry Allen in Marvel Comics, and Clark Kent appeared in multiple issues of Marvel Team-Up and even in one episode of the more obscure solo Spider-Man animated series from 1981.
    Peter Parker made a cameo appearance when Superman was in a diner in the storyline 'Grounded'.

Marvel characters referenced DC characters in their issues and vice-versa as comic book characters.

In the Unity episode of Superman the Animated Series a guy who had a crush on Supergirl's alternate identity gave her a bunch of comics, the first one she held in the bus is a joke on Spider-Man.

These references and light crossovers are very common and sprinkled they are so easy to notice, so the CW shows just brought the norm for the industry into their worlds.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Yeah, there was a Marvel comic in the 80s where Thor bumps into Clark. Lois is also there. Their surnames aren't mentioned and Clark isn't Superman.

Also, the first issue of Champions four years ago had an out of costume Bart Allen on one panel (it was by the same creative team as Impulse's solo book - Waid and Ramos). The same issue also mentioned the Troubalert, which is from Super Friends.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman