The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Default What's up with Wildstorm?

What is DC's problem with Wildstorm? It's my favorite Imprint from DC plus when they bought in 99 the stories were incredible especially Planetary & the Authority DC messed with a great thing shame.
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Actually if I recall correctly from images and past posts Wildstorm is actually supposed to be part of the upcoming 5G timeline. My theory is that they will use the time jump to introduce characters like Gen13 into the main continuity and attempt to establish that other characters also have history of existing.

Beyond that before Rebirth the Wildstorm characters did regularly appear in the New 52 DC universe. In fact Midnighter actually had a really great DCyou ongoing in my opinion which was connected to the Grayson spy series. I figure they only limited their inclusion/appearances in the main universe when they wrote that new reboot universe in the Wildstorm series. However that ended so who knows what is next.

Edit: It’s a bit blurry, sorry if it’s not a great image. But if you look carefully in the current generation of comics, Generation 4, you can see that Wildstorm’s logo is included. Hence my theory (of course I could be entirely wrong and I accept that)

9BA82228-882B-47C2-BAA0-6595E0E7AB57.jpg
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-19-2020 at 09:10 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    What is DC's problem with Wildstorm? It's my favorite Imprint from DC plus when they bought in 99 the stories were incredible especially Planetary & the Authority DC messed with a great thing shame.
    It's a long story, but basically:

Shortly after Image broke it's shared universe because the owner of each studio wanted to it's own way, Jim Lee talked Alan Moore into writing a lot of **** to Wildstorm. DC, ion it's usual pettiness, offered what I assume was an obscene amount of money to Jim Lee for the studio, so they could have a contractually obligated Moore.

Moore, of course didn't like this, but finished his obligations because he is a correct guy. after that, DC didn't really know what to do with WS.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I haven't read the latest...uhh, "run" of the Wildstorm U (The Wild Storm and Wildstorm: Michael Cray). Is it a good read? Do Ellis and Hill tell a satisfying story in their limited time?
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

Sometimes things are special because they don't last. -- Zhi, Tales from the Loop

Amazing Member

the Michael Cray spin off was ... ok i guess.
    But I REALLY enjoyed the main Wild Storm series, and was really looking forward to the sequel WildCats series before it got shelved.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    I haven't read the latest...uhh, "run" of the Wildstorm U (The Wild Storm and Wildstorm: Michael Cray). Is it a good read? Do Ellis and Hill tell a satisfying story in their limited time?
    Yes, it's really good. Michael Cray is more enjoyable if you also read the main series.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Ok, cool, good to hear. I'll plan to get it all once the final vols are published!
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

Sometimes things are special because they don't last. -- Zhi, Tales from the Loop

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    Oh yes, it was really good. Not your classic Wildstorm, and is more like Ellis version, but it was a great story. Sadly, I don't count on new stories on this universe. At least for the time to be.
    Persoanlly I would like to see them again.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin