Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Dc should really respect and restore the legacy of Batgirl and what it means.

I find it annoying to how DC views the many versions of male Robins and how each of them have a title to themselves, but where is that for Batgirl or any female Robin ?

Seriously DC should definitely make a mini series which restores the Batgirl mantel and Cass and Steph’s place within the Batman family.

That and the movie of BOP and how it makes Cass not Cassandra Cain like from the comics. I’ve heard of difference from the films and comics, but that’s a step too far. Especially when you learn that the actress playing Cass has knowledge of what Cassandra Cain is supposed to be via comic book reading.

As fans of Batgirl and her true overall history: Do you think that DC should at least make an effort to restore things with what they used to be ?

Also I want to see Cassandra and Stephanie mourn Alfred too in their own way.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Ideally yeah, but based on what I knew about DC, this is one of those things that go under Old Management Need To Go First

and I'm not waiting. Except for select issues or classic stories I already left.

Eh, Babs is back to being Batgirl, and she's gotten a push in animation, that seems pretty respectful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, Babs is back to being Batgirl, and she's gotten a push in animation, that seems pretty respectful.
    Yet at the cost of the importance of the Oracle ID and Cass and Stephanie pushes into being better heroines.

The only Batgirl with out a title right now is Steph.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Yet at the cost of the importance of the Oracle ID and Cass and Stephanie pushes into being better heroines.
    The Oracle ID isn't iconic not as important. And while Steph and Cass have their fans, just like Tim sometimes you have to accept that these secondary characters will go through rough times. It just is. But Batgirl as a singular character and title is getting respect. The Oracle title and the secondary former Batgirls not so much, but that is a different complaint.

That wasn't what Batgirl meant when it was made. Robin wasn't created as a legacy mantle either. They were characters. I wouldn't wish upon Batgirl the fate of the "Robins."
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I think I'm in the minority where I don't like how big the Batfamily has gotten, so I don't mind how detached these other Batgirls are as I don't like considering them as part of the family. Same thing applies to all the Robins.

Incredible Member

Batgirl is not as an iconic character as Robin and Stephanie and Cassandra has moved onto other identities (back to Spoiler for Steph and Orphan for Cass) as has Dick, Jason and Tim.

And with Barbara back to being Batgirl what legacy is there to restore? Steph rebelled against Batman, would she want to be welcomed back into the fold? And Cass has been a member of the Batfamily for quite some time and is currently an Outsider.Just how memorable has their tenure as Batgirl been?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Batgirl is not as an iconic character as Robin and Stephanie and Cassandra has moved onto other identities (back to Spoiler for Steph and Orphan for Cass) as has Dick, Jason and Tim.

And with Barbara back to being Batgirl what legacy is there to restore? Steph rebelled against Batman, would she want to be welcomed back into the fold? And Cass has been a member of the Batfamily for quite some time and is currently an Outsider.Just how memorable has their tenure as Batgirl been?
    Honestly it depends on how DC restores the full history between Cass and the Bat family. Along with Stephanie and her full connection to the Bat family.

I just wish to see them mourn Alfred in their own way given he was like the humanitarian that Batman lacks at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The only Batgirl with out a title right now is Steph.
    Not true: she just joined Young Justice.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well then there you go.

I find it really disrespectful that all of the boys get to keep their legacy as Robin, but it’s such a big no-no for Bette, Cassandra, and Stephanie. It annoys me how we keep bringing back stuff from pre-flashpoint into the canon, but restoring the girls’ history is such a big no-no.
    Books I’m pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynion’s Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post

Hmm, Cassandra was the first batgirl to have an ongoing, and the first high profile minority character to be represented in such a major role. Steph drew in a lot of fans for her time in the mantle, and still continues to do so. So I’d say pretty memorable, from where I’m standing.
    Books I’m pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynion’s Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

I find it annoying to how DC views the many versions of male Robins and how each of them have a title to themselves, but where is that for Batgirl or any female Robin ?

Seriously DC should definitely make a mini series which restores the Batgirl mantel and Cass and Steph’s place within the Batman family.

That and the movie of BOP and how it makes Cass not Cassandra Cain like from the comics. I’ve heard of difference from the films and comics, but that’s a step too far. Especially when you learn that the actress playing Cass has knowledge of what Cassandra Cain is supposed to be via comic book reading.

As fans of Batgirl and her true overall history: Do you think that DC should at least make an effort to restore things with what they used to be ?

Also I want to see Cassandra and Stephanie mourn Alfred too in their own way.
    In my humble opinion the problem is: can the writers create a story concept with Spoiler of Orphan (Batgirl/Barbara has her solo series) enough strong to support a title? Can they write stories with them good enough to assure good sales?
    Titles like "Red Hood and the Outlaw", Batgirl, Nightwing the writers were able to do that, so these title exist, but with Spoiler and Orphan it seems it will never happen because in order to have a regular title, the writers should change the way they think about the Bat-family and the interactions of its character, but it seems they aren't able to do that and to me it is a pity because they are good character; especially Spoiler.

I agree: Barbara was a better character when she was Oracle and her impossibility to be Batgirl gave the opportunity to the writers to better develop the characters of Stephanie and Cassie.