Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Joker’s New Girlfriend

Is it true that the Joker is getting a new girlfriend? I saw people talking about it on Twitter. I thought the art was fake, but it looks kinda real.

It's true, Tynion talked about it in his newsletter https://jamestynioniv.substack.com/p...m_campaign=cta

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

with a question mark. He's teasing.

"But WHEN does she appear for the first time? Is it BATMAN #89? Is it YEAR OF THE VILLAIN: HELL ARISEN #3? Am I writing her origin story in the JOKER 80th Anniversary Special? Is she Joker’s new girlfriend? Is she a part of JOKER WAR??! Who the heck IS this Punchline, and why does she want to stab everyone?!?!?!?!?!?!"

NANI? IS THIS A JOKE?

I feel bad for that Girl.

Hmmm.. I like too..

Extraordinary Member

Harley Quinn gonna have a nemesis

Did jokers daughter ever meet joker

This new character I could see becoming popular if the story is good.

It could be good for Harley Quinn in the sense it reduces the likelyhood of her story regressing.

Certainly will be interesting to see how both Batman and Harley React.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Tynion compared her to marcy graves if you keep reading the newsletter, and it's interesting to see she will appear in the same arc harley quinn shows up in batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Harley Quinn gonna have a nemesis

Did jokers daughter ever meet joker
    Not face to face, but he returned his face to her when she lost it and told that she did a good job.

Bear in mind though that this only interaction is in the promo issue for Joker's Daughter. DC was pushing her hard at that time. Beyond that he never mentions her.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Tynion compared her to marcy graves if you keep reading the newsletter, and it's interesting to see she will appear in the same arc harley quinn shows up in batman.
    who is marcy graves?

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    who is marcy graves?
    Luthor's bodyguard

Astonishing Member

This is neat.

I think Joker works aesthetically very well with a Moll. Because he's so specifically a riff (or progenitor? creator?) of pop culture gangster tropes, just usually turned on their head somewhat, having a moll to balance out all the typical nameless male goon squad feels very on color for him. That's why Harley worked so well, but she was hardly the first moll he had. F sure most of his history having molls took place in Batman '66, where you just weren't a pop art arch-criminal without one.

It does always beg the question of you know, modern Joker and his modern ... extreme levels of murderousness ... and the long-term survival of any given moll.

But another thing it does that's important is that it humanizes him. I'm surprised how often writers don't make any effort to humanize Joker, and how easily he falls into some weird almost supernatural horror movie character version of himself without those reminders that, for all his weirdness, like Batman, he's just a guy. Just a very clever, very well-prepared, or at least very good at improvisation, and very very lucky guy.

Tynion giving him a henchgirl is actually a pretty good sign, IMO, that he's got a good read on the character and how to use him. Which is good because I was actually worried at Joker's immediate usage in this run and how he's going to be showing up all over the place and that there's legit a story called JOKER WAR on the horizon.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

She looks like if Punch or Judy from The Batman had a kid with one of the Kabuki Twins from the same show.

Which is to say, I like her design, she looks kind of interesting...although I'm not sure if visually she looks like she'll fit Joker. If he was going to replace Harley with anyone, I'd expect someone more like Harley. But maybe she'll serve as an interesting successor in her own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    It's true, Tynion talked about it in his newsletter https://jamestynioniv.substack.com/p...m_campaign=cta
    I love how March takes over and we already get a prominent shot of Catwoman's booty .
    Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    But another thing it does that's important is that it humanizes him. I'm surprised how often writers don't make any effort to humanize Joker, and how easily he falls into some weird almost supernatural horror movie character version of himself without those reminders that, for all his weirdness, like Batman, he's just a guy. Just a very clever, very well-prepared, or at least very good at improvisation, and very very lucky guy..
    I think Snyder had a lot to do with that.

She looks like one expert assasin dressed as a clown...

I can not imagine her as one Joker victim like harley when she was joker girlfriend..

But I can be wrong in this.. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT JOKER.
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-20-2020 at 02:33 PM.

She looks interesting not overly derivative of Harley or Flame Dupree but not quite a caricature