Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge

Scorpion, everyone's favorite kunai-throwing, hellfire-breathing, ninja specter is getting his own animated movie, courtesy of WB animated.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...mchale-1270671

It's weird they got Patrick Seitz back for Scorpion and Steve Blum back for Sub-Zero but not Richard Epcar as Raiden.

And Grey Griffin as Kitana is kind of hilarious in light of her getting a Catwoman skin for MK11 .

About time! I've been thinking for at least a couple years now that WB should be making some MK animated movies like they do for DC. Hope it's great!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Looks pretty good. Art style reminds me of Batman vs TMNT.

Oh no, they're going to do what they did in MK9 with Kitana where she turns good because Liu Kang shows her mercy, aren't they?

I swear, of all the dumb retcons that have been made to Mortal Kombat's story, the one that probably pisses me off the most is the idea that Liu Kang made Kitana turn against Shao Kahn.
    It used to be, until MK9 screwed with the timeline, that she turned on Kahn when she learned the truth about her past--which was before MK2. No magic spells, no brainwashing, and she didn't need Liu Kang or Raiden to convince her. It was her choice under her own initiative.

But now they keep having Liu Kang "inspire" her to turn good, and I hate it like poison.
    Kitana doesn't need Liu Kang. She never did.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Oh no, they're going to do what they did in MK9 with Kitana where she turns good because Liu Kang shows her mercy, aren't they?

I swear, of all the dumb retcons that have been made to Mortal Kombat's story, the one that probably pisses me off the most is the idea that Liu Kang made Kitana turn against Shao Kahn.
    It used to be, until MK9 screwed with the timeline, that she turned on Kahn when she learned the truth about her past--which was before MK2. No magic spells, no brainwashing, and she didn't need Liu Kang or Raiden to convince her. It was her choice under her own initiative.

But now they keep having Liu Kang "inspire" her to turn good, and I hate it like poison.
    Kitana doesn't need Liu Kang. She never did.
    Liu got that fire D I guess....*shrugs*

Sounds like its Scorpion centric because the title but the trailer just looks like a retelling of the Tournament. Ima watch regardless

I didnt know they finished filming Mortal Kombat last month. Saw Mechad Brooks brother on Double Toasted podcast saying the movie rapped in December. Wonder when we will get some stills?

Ugh...yep, they're doing it. I hated this scene in MK9 and I hate it now.

Remember when Kitana turned against Shao Kahn on her own and not because she was humbled by Liu Kang? Hell, remember when she debuted in MK2 and wasn't needlessly shoe-horned into MK1's storyline at all?
    Those were good times.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Overall, a great movie and a must for most Mortal Kombat Fans

Pros: The fights were insane. The true gem of Mortal Kombat. Scorpion was great and I'm glad this movie gave him closure. The pacing was good and it had classic nostalgia

Cons: Scorpion wasn't in it as much as I wanted and I also really wanted to see more of Hanzo adjusting to his new life/powers as a Specter. Finally, I found the Liu Kang/Kitana scene corny and unnecessary

Is this out on blu-ray yet and if not when? Thanks to corona I got to plan my purchase to coincide with grocery shopping.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Is this out on blu-ray yet and if not when? Thanks to corona I got to plan my purchase to coincide with grocery shopping.
    They had it at the wal mart I went to.

action was cool but if it wasn't for Joel McHales Johnny iono if I woulda enjoyed the movie half as much. Some of the character stuff was badly done and bordered on corny but Cage was there to mock and point out the absurd. Still enjoyed it but didn't think the writing and acting did Scirpions story justice. Again fights were cool and worth a watch just for those.