Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Circe and Queen of Fables vs Umar and Morgan Le Fay

Team DC Sorceresses vs Team Marvel Sorceresses.

No BFR.

Which team wins?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Circe and Queen of Fables...what kind of top-end feats do they have?

Umar is roughly on the level of Classic Strange, is what I'm getting at. She considers planets to be tissue paper.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Circe and Queen of Fables...what kind of top-end feats do they have?

Umar is roughly on the level of Classic Strange, is what I'm getting at. She considers planets to be tissue paper.
    And Morgan le Fay basically one-shotted OG Sentry. Y’know, the guy who straight-up murked Molecule Man?

That’s a lot of firepower between those two.

That seems a bridge too far for...I don't know, Classic Strange, even. SMvsFL perhaps?
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

That seems a bridge too far for...I don't know, Classic Strange, even. SMvsFL perhaps?
    Err... maybe? It was Bendis after all.

But to be honest her presentation has been all over the place forever. She’s been an enemy for Black Knight on some occasions, but on another it took the combined efforts of Classic Dr Strange, The Avengers, Magnus (another powerful mage) and the Shroud to beat her on the astral plane. And then you have the Sentry destruction (albeit it was only temporary, but a considerable amount of time passed).

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Queen of Fables was basically subjecting the entire planet to reality warping magic and took apart the JLA pretty intensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

But to be honest her presentation has been all over the place forever. She’s been an enemy for Black Knight on some occasions, but on another it took the combined efforts of Classic Dr Strange, The Avengers, Magnus (another powerful mage) and the Shroud to beat her on the astral plane. And then you have the Sentry destruction (albeit it was only temporary, but a considerable amount of time passed).
    Ugh. When did this take place in Strange's career? Like, what year?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Queen of Fables was basically subjecting the entire planet to reality warping magic and took apart the JLA pretty intensely.
    Looks like we have a fight.
    Why are we here?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'd have to read her story arc again for anything more detailed. Her powers basically revolved around bringing fiction to life to replace reality and bending it to her will. It was fairly esoteric, and I'm not sure how she'd interact with another magic user or one based in mythology. She was only taken down because the lasso of truth was her kryptonite, and she still broke it before it could come in contact with her.

Ugh. When did this take place in Strange's career? Like, what year?
    It was 1984. Avengers 240-241.

But I’ve looked into it more and it’s not quite as I explained in the proper context.

Morgan Le Fay had previously had her body destroyed (or something-something), and so she’d arrived in this story arc in astral form only. She kicked Jessica Drew out of her body and was taking it over. While Strange kept Jessica’s soul from dissipating, the Avengers, Shroud and Magnus went into the astral plane to battle her. Magnus used the last of his power, sacrificing himself to try and basically evict her from Jessica’s body. Morgana was then nevertheless going to kill the Avengers and Shroud until Strange went into the astral plane to grab them and pull them out (note: without defeating her) and leaving her trapped in the astral plane.

Astonishing Member

And Morgan le Fay basically one-shotted OG Sentry. Y’know, the guy who straight-up murked Molecule Man?

I don't know much about Morgana's feat history, but her act of blowing Sentry up and then transmutating Ares to stone on the side was copypasted by Bendis into Molecule Man (a bigger threat name, retcons or not) doing the exact same to them later in the same series, so it's not hard to imagine she was used as an esoteric enough supervillain that could be brought in to showcase Sentry's unkillability while also being relevant in a story featuring Doctor Doom (since Doom and Sentry's boss at the time had a reluctant alliance sub-plot going on).

It was 1984. Avengers 240-241.

But I’ve looked into it more and it’s not quite as I explained in the proper context.

Morgan Le Fay had previously had her body destroyed (or something-something), and so she’d arrived in this story arc in astral form only. She kicked Jessica Drew out of her body and was taking it over. While Strange kept Jessica’s soul from dissipating, the Avengers, Shroud and Magnus went into the astral plane to battle her. Magnus used the last of his power, sacrificing himself to try and basically evict her from Jessica’s body. Morgana was then nevertheless going to kill the Avengers and Shroud until Strange went into the astral plane to grab them and pull them out (note: without defeating her) and leaving her trapped in the astral plane.
    So Strange's point there was to be magical doctor, not actually FIGHT Le Fay, and later on he pulls the rug out from under her.

Having looked her up, she's pretty high on the totem pole for magic. It's impressive.

She certainly looks like she would at least carry some of the weight on her team. How much, I don't know. For all I know, she's Umar's equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I don't know much about Morgana's feat history, but her act of blowing Sentry up and then transmutating Ares to stone on the side was copypasted by Bendis into Molecule Man (a bigger threat name, retcons or not) doing the exact same to them later in the same series, so it's not hard to imagine she was used as an esoteric enough supervillain that could be brought in to showcase Sentry's unkillability while also being relevant in a story featuring Doctor Doom (since Doom and Sentry's boss at the time had a reluctant alliance sub-plot going on).
    Makes sense.
    Why are we here?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

To add a couple of notches, Morgan has reality-warped the whole world once, making herself the ruler of all, convincing the Avengers they were her loyal servants, et. al. and only Wonder Man, being energy something or other managed to somehow something something the situation back to normal. Yeah, it was a stupid story.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

If that's her norm, she's somewhat up on Umar's level. More reality warping, less boom, but both of them would be capable of planetary-affecting magics (easily, in Umar's case).

It...also means she has a feat almost identical to the Queen of Fables, as mentioned above by Captain Morgan. O_o
    Why are we here?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

If that's her norm, she's somewhat up on Umar's level. More reality warping, less boom, but both of them would be capable of planetary-affecting magics (easily, in Umar's case).

It...also means she has a feat almost identical to the Queen of Fables, as mentioned above by Captain Morgan. O_o
    I don't think that I'd quite put her on Umar's level - that lady's got serious power - but she's a definite high-end spooky witchy person capable of all kinds of nasty.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I don't think that I'd quite put her on Umar's level - that lady's got serious power - but she's a definite high-end spooky witchy person capable of all kinds of nasty.
    I get your feeling on that. I'm not sure about 'equal', myself. But if she's reality warping on a planetary scale, she's at least somewhere in the ballpark, enough that even if she's the 'weak link' on the team, she's not insignificant.
    Why are we here?