Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    Here's one: He has even dodged Ultron whom Quicksilver perceived him to be moving even while running at full speed.
    Clip, please.

I've seen clips that show Pietro running around at full speed and yeah, stuff is still moving around him. Just sloooowly.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Also, this thread is making me look up Twilight stuff and defend Edward's odds of winning.

-_-
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Clip, please.

I've seen clips that show Pietro running around at full speed and yeah, stuff is still moving around him. Just sloooowly.
    I also want to see the clip where QS and Ultron were perceiving each other in super speed.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

There are actually a lot of clips around showing all kinds of people moving and such while QS is dashing about.
    Why are we here?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

There is no clip that I recall of Ultron doing super speed at all. Quicksilver definitely does. His good feats are pretty good: no Fox Quicksilver level of course, but that guy is silly fast.

And Cap never reacts to a trying Quicksilver. If he did, it would be total crap.

MCU Cap is tough as hell: he soaks some hits from old versions of Iron Man, gets launched through walls, laughs off punches from Red Skull, who can dent inch-thick steel into fist-shaped depressions with said punches, while Cap is himself restrained, etc. But he's not tanking a dedicated shot from Thanos, unless of course we're talking about Captain Thormerica - but there, we've got the whole "whosever lifteteths he yon meat tenderizer of doom shall have he some blingin' powers, yo" thing to deal with. That's SMvFL.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Also, this thread is making me look up Twilight stuff and defend Edward's odds of winning.

-_-
    actually had to watch a fight scene with edward.

i don't think i can get clean.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    actually had to watch a fight scene with edward.

i don't think i can get clean.
    Just read the books. Once. It's painful, but consider it learning experience. And Meyer at least has a grasp on how to write mood, so there's that.

Warning: Nosebone attack mentioned in one place as a legit, goto 'self-defense' move, which is...wrong on several levels. *massive eye-rolling*
    Why are we here?

Okay, so I think this is important to note:

Different boards judge evidence and character capacities differently.

Just putting that out there, without any notation as to what boards, who is referring to stuff from such boards, whatever. Because talking about other boards is against the rules, hereabouts.
    Why are we here?

Soooo Cap is kinda scrwed here.

For whatever you might say about Twilight, Ed's the complete package.

Super strength, super durability, super speed, regen (IIRC?) and mind reading.

Edward's faster than Cap, likely stronger than Cap, can tank whatever Cap does land on him and he can read Cap's mind to know what he's going to do ahead of time.

So basically Edward blitzes Cap leisurely, while reading his mind to know what he's going to do ahead of time, easily dodges anything he tries, grabs him and bites him and drinks his super blood.

Steve should honestly be thankful it's not Alice, who's Edward with Pre-Cog, or Newly Turned Bella, who is basically a souped up version of Edward just minus telepathy.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

And also, Cap is certainly no speedster. He's quick but he's not super fast and nowhere near Mach Speed. Much less Mach 47.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Now, this is Movie Edward. I haven't checked the books but I recall from older threads that the TwiPires are pretty powerful in those.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    And also, Cap is certainly no speedster. He's quick but he's not super fast and nowhere near Mach Speed. Much less Mach 47.
    For further clarification, if Cap was super duper fast, his fight scenes would look more like this.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Regarding Quicksilver.

Casually faster than Cap or Ultron. Cap is only able to hit him because Pietro was dazed after his Mjolnir catch attempt and Pietro later trivially blitzes Cap all over again.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Is Edward faster than the other Twilight vampires or is speed a generic trait that they all share? If it's the latter I propose that Edward's car-blocking scene in Twilight 1 is an outlier seeing as the wolves seemed to travel just as fast vampires, and the wolves didn't seem to be running at supersonic speeds.