Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Discussion of how Cap compares to Quicksilver aside, gonna save folks the trouble of going through Twilight here by posting some actual feats.

It does seem like the vampires have reaction times well in excess of their movement speed, but regardless, their movement speed is still faster than the eye can follow:

Then Bella becomes a vampire and we get an idea of their reaction time:

Note that Edward is still faster than her:

So...yeah, they may not have bullet timing feats, but they should be able to react to bullets just fine.
    Thanks for these quotes.

Circling a meadow in half a second. Physically reacting and mentally mulling over the situation numerous times. This is clearly far beyond Captain America's speed.

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with IM's or Ultron's travel speed which is Mach something.
    Power with Girl is better.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Thanks for these quotes.

Circling a meadow in half a second. Physically reacting and mentally mulling over the situation numerous times. This is clearly far beyond Captain America's speed.

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with IM's or Ultron's travel speed which is Mach something.
    it boils down to the OP believing that since cap could fight ironman, who moves at multi-mach speeds, he could hold his own against ed.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Without looking at the clips, Imma take a guess here. Is it actually the case that:
    a) one clip shows Iron Man flying fast;
    b) another clip shows Ultron moving at a similar speed to Iron Man;
    c) there is nothing in the second clip to show that Iron Man is moving at the same speed there as he was in the first clip, so you can’t conflate the two situations.
    Oh, you know what?

You're not wrong.

Tyrannoraptor is working on an argument that is essentially: "I can run 100 mph, this means that when I am walking I am also going at 100 mph,"

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Oh, you know what?

You're not wrong.

Tyrannoraptor is working on an argument that is essentially: "I can run 100 mph, this means that when I am walking I am also going at 100 mph,"
    Yup. Called it.

It’s also slightly surreal that we’ve reached the point at all of comparing the speeds of Iron Man and Ultron in a thread about Captain America and Edward Cullen.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it boils down to the OP believing that since cap could fight ironman, who moves at multi-mach speeds, he could hold his own against ed.
    Er, um, uh, Iron-Man wasn't using his Mach flight speed when he fought Cap and Winter Soldier, a fight which was P.I.S.-ridden anyway. But Ty's arguments tend towards, "Well, you've got me on that point but what about this?" ad infinitum.

I don't recall Cap ever reacting to someone coming at him at Mach speed unless it was someone he saw coming from a long way off and had plenty of time to get out of the way. He certainly has never reacted to someone with Cullen's levels of combat speed.
    Power with Girl is better.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Er, um, uh, Iron-Man wasn't using his Mach flight speed when he fought Cap and Winter Soldier, a fight which was P.I.S.-ridden anyway. But Ty's arguments tend towards, "Well, you've got me on that point but what about this?" ad infinitum.

I don't recall Cap ever reacting to someone coming at him at Mach speed unless it was someone he saw coming from a long way off and had plenty of time to get out of the way. He certainly has never reacted to someone with Cullen's levels of combat speed.
    that's what we been telling him. but..........

Yeah I think this thread has run its course, as Cap clearly ain't winning this one.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.