Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Saved mutants by mindcontrolling them and torutring, also trying to rape tyke. Also commiting mass murder.
    Kitty was prtty mad on Emma because of it
    You referencing the Iceman series? Kitty was fine with her by the end of the series. Also Emma saved the universe in Gerry Duggans Infinity Wars event

Beast acknowledged that Emma protected Mutants in Secret Empire and Frost destroyed the T-Cloud.

BANNED

Yeah, but Emma's actions should be looked from the point of view of obsessed forum users, not from characters in universe. It's nuanced writing, I assume.

Also, pretty good interview. I tend to like those that help give insight into what editorial thinks about the characters and stories. Particularly the fact that Jordan came around about Cyclops, apparently lol

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    You referencing the Iceman series? Kitty was fine with her by the end of the series. Also Emma saved the universe in Gerry Duggans Infinity Wars event

Beast acknowledged that Emma protected Mutants in Secret Empire and Frost destroyed the T-Cloud.
    Kitty saw christian and attacked him, thy weren't fine.

Doean't matter if she protectd by torturing, Ends doesn't justify the means

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Wait...what now?
    After all these years and everything she's been through as an X-Man...Emma still has to 'earn' their respect?
    Well...that's...I don't know what that is.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I wish they would just admit that they don’t like Storm or respect her character and move on. An article published on MLK day highlighting the great X-leaders and Ororo is but an afterthought to Cyke, Logan, and Emma. The only positive reference to her being her and Cyke “feel like leaders”.
    Only some characters really matter on x-men. For some reason we will never see Ccylops stepdown from being a leader (rosenberg crazy run doesn't count). But it is ok for some step down, even without explanation
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-20-2020 at 11:04 AM.

There have been times when I have even felt, in the moment, that they have gone so far that they are no longer salvageable as a character. And every time, I was wrong. I think every character I have felt that way about, after a time, along comes another creative team with a new take on them, a new spin, and then those old stories that I was so passionately against just become some old comics I didn’t care for.
    I like JDW's thoughts here and agree with it. There are characters I strongly dislike in certain comics but I love in others, and one of the best things when a writer can change my mind about a character and make them see them in a new light. this is why I don't write off characters or think they're unsalvageable when they do something, it only takes a writer to change that. Comics have decades of history, nothing stays the same
    Be kind, it's FREE

Kitty saw christian and attacked him, thy weren't fine.

Doean't matter if she protectd by torturing, Ends doesn't justify the means

No prize Kitty realised she was wrong to attack Christian. Also Emma saved the universe.

Beast doesn't seem to mind, and I'd say every characters has their kwn nuanced view on it.

Keep in mind time has passed and Jean and Emma are sharing Scott now so there's enough time to resolve things.

Additionally Emma saved the Universe in an event written by Duggan the writer of Marauders

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    So, Magik vs. Cable in a fight for leadership. Who would win?
    Magik is way more dangerous than both Cables combined, she would win but I think Cable is a better leader

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Wait...what now?
    After all these years and everything she's been through as an X-Man...Emma still has to 'earn' their respect?
    Well...that's...I don't know what that is.
    That is just plain dumb.

No prize Kitty realised she was wrong to attack Christian. Also Emma saved the universe.

Beast doesn't seem to mind, and I'd say every characters has their kwn nuanced view on it.

Keep in mind time has passed and Jean and Emma are sharing Scott now so there's enough time to resolve things.

Additionally Emma saved the Universe in an event written by Duggan the writer of Marauders
    You really need to purposely ignore big chunks of stories in which Emma saved mutants and/or the world/universe to say she still has to earn her teammates respect.

BANNED

Will the Kitty/Kate fans who hate her current relationship with Emma please stand up

*silence*

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    You really need to purposely ignore big chunks of stories in which Emma saved mutants and/or the world/universe to say she still has to earn her teammates respect.
    For sure and not every character is homogeneous. Some are more readily able to understand Emma and some aren't. And that's based off their own character development

Of course Duggan. Doesn't man people have to blind follow her, she already showed that she isn't afraid of going rogue for a objective while screwing everything mutants created for years.
    Death of X, x-men blue and IVX were really bad for mutants image worldwide

Of course Duggan. Doesn't man people have to blind follow her, she already showed that she isn't afraid of going rogue for a objective while screwing everything mutants created for years.
    Death of X, x-men blue and IVX were really bad for mutants image worldwide
    Without Emma in all those situations mutants would br dead.

Additionally, the Inhumans made things bad for mutants in IvX, Emma was actually anti Mothervine and she went along to save Havok. And Emma saved mutants in DoX.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Magik is way more dangerous than both Cables combined, she would win but I think Cable is a better leader
    I mean, Magik's led all of... one team. Yeah, one team before krakoa even became a thing.