Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 85
  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    So, Magik vs. Cable in a fight for leadership. Who would win?
    This is so the story we need for the next arc.

    Cable tries to flex and form some kind of team (his own solo) but then when something bug happens (cross over) magik gives him orders as the captian and the 2 rub each other the wrong way...

    The other new mutants (who were the orginal x force) caught in middle...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

  2. #17
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Looks like an Asrar cover, those are definitely Matt Wilson's colors.
    K, thank you!

    I'm very eager to see the ramifications of the Otherworld stuff happening in Excalibur in other books, so I was hoping this was an interior panel from X-Men.

  3. #18
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Lol no. They will respect her and be her BFF because the writer and editor say so.
    As it should be. Truly marvelous.

  4. #19
    Incredible Member Ororo101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    700

    Default

    I wish they would just admit that they don’t like Storm or respect her character and move on. An article published on MLK day highlighting the great X-leaders and Ororo is but an afterthought to Cyke, Logan, and Emma. The only positive reference to her being her and Cyke “feel like leaders”. What an absolute disgrace. Adventures in “Poor Taste” has never been a more apt moniker.

  5. #20
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The other side
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah. For example, she could start saving the world, or saving the mutant race from a poisonous cloud, or protect them against a Nazi organization or fund their mutant nations... Oh wait lol

    I think she's earned their respect, otherwise Xavier wouldn't have chosen her for her role on Krakoa.

    But I get what Jordan said, about the X-Men not really finding her particularly appealing as a person and thus not trusting her a leader like they do trust Storm and Cyclops for example. They're both better communicators than her admittedly and the X-Men have a "family" bonding that will make them more appealing as leaders than "friends" of the family like Emma (even tho she's been with them for long).
    Xavier also chose Apocalypse, Sinister, Shaw and Mystique. Should they also be given respect because they sit on the council? And Xavier is far richer than Emma, he owns the companies that produces the drugs as well as other endeavors. So no I don't think Emma is funding Krakoa. As I said, no one is obligated to give Emma any respect. She has to earn it. But that can apply to anyone on Krakoa, be it Xavier, Magneto or Emma.

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Xavier also chose Apocalypse, Sinister, Shaw and Mystique. Should they also be given respect because they sit on the council? And Xavier is far richer than Emma, he owns the companies that produces the drugs as well as other endeavors. So no I don't think Emma is funding Krakoa. As I said, no one is obligated to give Emma any respect. She has to earn it. But that can apply to anyone on Krakoa, be it Xavier, Magneto or Emma.
    Xavier didn't give the other villains the role that Emma has, even Hickman said she's the most powerful person on Krakoa (and I assumed he meant politically).

    She did fund Utopia, where almost all of the X-Men used to live, and the Hellfire Trading Company is taking care of all Krakoan drug business. Plus she was the one that got the UN to vote pro Krakoa.

    But I've already given enough examples on how she should have earned their respect. And if they don't respect her after all this time, at this point if I were Emma I'd say screw them.

  7. #22
    Ultimate Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    10,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Lol no. They will respect her and be her BFF because the writer and editor say so.
    This is the good side of being writers favorite, charactrs gonna always accept Emma without her even going into a redemption.
    That scene with Kitty was evrything wrong with this treatment done by writers

  8. #23
    Incredible Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    875

    Default

    these are just so boring the images at the end are the only mildly interesting part

  9. #24
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Lol no. They will respect her and be her BFF because the writer and editor say so.
    Only if you ignore:

    Joss Whedons Astonishing X-Men
    Matt Fractions Quarantine arc in Uncanny X-Men
    Kieron Gillens follow up to Breakerworld arc in Uncanny X-Men
    Uncanny X-Men Consequences in AvX where Kitty is the only one to show up for Emma
    Bendis Uncanny X-Men
    And their latest interaction where Iceman was not maligned in Iceman v2 despite Kittys protests, Frost also showed up to help in the last issue of the series.

    Kittys familiarity with Emma has been built for the last 15 years.

    I'm also not counting Mike Carey's Blinded by the light, Bendis Secret Invasion Dark Reign or the rest of the many issues of that era where they are paired together

  10. #25
    Ultimate Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    10,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Only if you ignore:

    Joss Whedons Astonishing X-Men
    Matt Fractions Quarantine arc in Uncanny X-Men
    Kieron Gillens follow up to Breakerworld arc in Uncanny X-Men
    Uncanny X-Men Consequences in AvX where Kitty is the only one to show up for Emma
    Bendis Uncanny X-Men
    And their latest interaction where Iceman was not maligned in Iceman v2 despite Kittys protests, Frost also showed up to help in the last issue of the series.

    Kittys familiarity with Emma has been built for the last 15 years.

    I'm also not counting Mike Carey's Blinded by the light, Bendis Secret Invasion Dark Reign or the rest of the many issues of that era where they are paired together
    All those storis everyone was alright following Emma.

    Only kitty had some resistence on Astonishing but even o the end she is alrady on Emma's train.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    these are just so boring the images at the end are the only mildly interesting part
    yep, I expectd mor reflection about leadership.

    They didn't answered any qustion about Jean being lleader. it would go as "we never really thought about this"

  11. #26
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    All those storis everyone was alright following Emma.

    Only kitty had some resistence on Astonishing but even o the end she is alrady on Emma's train.
    Yes, its called a redemption arc and character development.

    Beast, Cyclops and Wolverine worked with Emma in Morrison's run.

    Kitty, Colossus had not. Kitty had bad blood with Emma. Colossus is nice to everyone.

    Hisako was her student.

    By the end Kitty and Emma built a bond

  12. #27
    Ultimate Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    10,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Yes, its called a redemption arc and character development.
    What redempion on x-men blue and IVX?

  13. #28
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    What redempion on x-men blue and IVX?
    Kitty wasn't involved in Blue or IvX. And in both Emma actually saved and protected mutants from a genocide cloud and Hydra

    Also Emma saves the Universe in Infinity Wars which Gerry Duggan wrote

  14. #29
    Ultimate Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    10,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Kitty wasn't involved in Blue or IvX. And in both Emma actually saved and protected mutants from a genocide cloud and Hydra
    Saved mutants by mindcontrolling them and torutring, also trying to rape tyke. Also commiting mass murder.
    Kitty was prtty mad on Emma because of it

  15. #30
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,703

    Default

    This was a pretty decent XMM with some really good, thoughtful answers.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-20-2020 at 10:54 AM.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •