Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 85
  1. #61
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The other side
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Whatttt?
    In IVsX she didnt save the mutants from nothing. Medusa destoryed the mist when she knew it was gonna reach a critical point. The only thing that she did was a kill a lot of people after the situation was resolved.

    In secret empire she didnt save nobody, New Tian was an Hydra Iniciative and HydraCap discussed it with Magneto, not Emma. She was choosen by HydraCap, I dont see how she saved someone there, New Tian was going to be created if not under Emma rule under another one.

    And she could be anti mothervine but the first test of Mothervine was organized by her in New Tian, She was very interested in it until she saw that Ms Sinister was fooling her.
    100% correct! Nothing but Emma fanwanking at it's highest in this thread. Emma singlehandedly saved mutants, she singlehandedly saved the universe, she deserves respect from everyone; please! Does she respect anyone, does she think anyone is worthy of her respect, or does she see everyone else as being beneath her? Her high position on Krakoa is only because it was given to her by Xavier and Magneto. (I wonder what would she do if she were kicked out?) Despite what some may think she is not indispensable or irreplaceable to Krakoa, if members of the Five can be replaced so can Emma. I wonder if JDW was thinking of Storm as being one who has to respect Emma, because unless she's written out of character I don't see that happening.

  2. #62
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,961

    Default

    With respect to Magneto...I can see how they would interpret his leadership in that way.
    I don't agree with it but...I can understand it.

    His opinion is clearly valid regardless of how we feel about it...isn't that what's "preached" in these threads?
    And if it's just a valid as those who disagree then there's no need to get all bent and angsty over it, is there?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-20-2020 at 06:02 PM.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  3. #63

    Default

    You know....the way Storm has been treated/used/written by current writers is just disgraceful and annoying. I don’t really post on here, but this X-Men Monday REALLY rubbed me the wrong way. Storm DEFINITELY should have been mentioned and significantly. As others have noted, Storm always seems to be the leader during the X-Men’s most difficult and dark times, and when things get better, Cyclops comes in to take over the leadership realms.

    I’m SICK of it. Storm needs her recognition, and these writers need to do better.

    Furthermore, yes, Emma has “authority”, but as an X-Men leader, the ONLY thing she did to earn that, was to be Cyclops’ concubine.

  4. #64
    Mighty Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    With respect to Magneto...I can see how they would interpret his leadership in that way.
    I don't agree with it but...I can understand it.
    Me too I just think that his take on the events were a little off in relation to how the New Mutants have been shown remembering them and how Magneto himself saw that time, in general he didn`t blame the new mutants for it at all he just thought he wasn`t made to fill Xavier`s shoes, I kind of disagree with that but that`s the conclusion of the character so yes, he`s self aware enough to know he didn`t do as well as he could have done.

    His opinion is clearly valid regardless of how we feel about it...isn't that what's "preached" in these threads?
    And if it's just a valid as those who disagree then there's no need to get all bent and angsty over it, is there?
    Agreed I would just like to see a little more interaction between those characters because I like them all and think it would be interesting to see them revisit those times. Given Hickman is a fan of the New mutants and magneto hopefully he will do something with them around those lines.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

  5. #65
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    I was also disappointed in the lack of substantive discussion about Storm who is one of the major X-men leaders. When I recently re-read (Uncanny) X-men 1 all the way up to 500+ I felt that the story of the X-men had become Storm's story (the Claremont years). However, in recent years Storm is no longer a leader of a team and she has been led by Kate/Kitty Pryde for a while now and even Jean Grey in X-men Red. I wonder who decided this change for Storm and what the reasons were. Sounds like a question someone could use their platform to ask.

    I do like that Storm is on the quiet council and I did appreciate the question about the quiet council. A lot of us were initially surprised that Cyclops or Wolverine were not on it. The quiet council aren't X-men leaders but leaders of a nation so that is pretty darn good.

    I was a little disappointed in the lack of a Jean Grey question since Jean had finally became an X-men leader in X-men Blue and Red (and in the first part of the Uncanny run) and Jean seemed like a leader in Age of X-man. This is a development that just went poof. But like Storm, I am glad Jean is on the council and so far she feels like she has an important role and voice in X-force.

    Cyclops is a great character and I know he is the character a lot of fans and creators identify with but I just with they could identify with minority characters in the same way they identify with Scott Summers.

  6. #66
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Me too I just think that his take on the events were a little off in relation to how the New Mutants have been shown remembering them and how Magneto himself saw that time, in general he didn`t blame the new mutants for it at all he just thought he wasn`t made to fill Xavier`s shoes, I kind of disagree with that but that`s the conclusion of the character so yes, he`s self aware enough to know he didn`t do as well as he could have done.



    Agreed I would just like to see a little more interaction between those characters because I like them all and think it would be interesting to see them revisit those times. Given Hickman is a fan of the New mutants and magneto hopefully he will do something with them around those lines.
    I personally think the intervening years and experiences would allow for some "moving past" and "going forward" on both sides. As these characters aren't stationary and have grown beyond those early years.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  7. #67
    Mighty Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I personally think the intervening years and experiences would allow for some "moving past" and "going forward" on both sides. As these characters aren't stationary and have grown beyond those early years.
    Yes of course, I think they moved on a long time ago, the New Mutants are all young adults, they have been part of others teams, they have been with cable and they have been on their own, they all had other experiences, I loved what the Avengers and Hickman did for Roberto(Sunspot) and magneto of course has been doing his own thing as he always does, still is nice to read some little recognition of the ties they had and now that they are all living on the same place the context allows for those little moments between the characters and why not? build new stories from those past ties.

    I was also disappointed in the lack of substantive discussion about Storm who is one of the major X-men leaders. When I recently re-read (Uncanny) X-men 1 all the way up to 500+ I felt that the story of the X-men had become Storm's story (the Claremont years). However, in recent years Storm is no longer a leader of a team and she has been led by Kate/Kitty Pryde for a while now and even Jean Grey in X-men Red. I wonder who decided this change for Storm and what the reasons were. Sounds like a question someone could use their platform to ask.
    Agreed I think a new blue and gold kind of teams to allow both Scott and Storm have their time for leadership would be awesome, I can see Scott dealing with the militia type of things while Storm uses her ties with Wakanda, the Avengers, etc to have mission`s around the world. Who knows maybe there`s something being planned about it and we just need to wait and see.

    I see why Scott right now is seen as THE X-MEN leader, he had a whole decade of being pushed that way, but we are in a different time and decade now imo, and the context in which the X-men are living right now allows for different kind of leaders not just one.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-20-2020 at 06:53 PM.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

  8. #68
    Ultimate Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I was also disappointed in the lack of substantive discussion about Storm who is one of the major X-men leaders. When I recently re-read (Uncanny) X-men 1 all the way up to 500+ I felt that the story of the X-men had become Storm's story (the Claremont years). However, in recent years Storm is no longer a leader of a team and she has been led by Kate/Kitty Pryde for a while now and even Jean Grey in X-men Red. I wonder who decided this change for Storm and what the reasons were. Sounds like a question someone could use their platform to ask.

    I do like that Storm is on the quiet council and I did appreciate the question about the quiet council. A lot of us were initially surprised that Cyclops or Wolverine were not on it. The quiet council aren't X-men leaders but leaders of a nation so that is pretty darn good.

    I was a little disappointed in the lack of a Jean Grey question since Jean had finally became an X-men leader in X-men Blue and Red (and in the first part of the Uncanny run) and Jean seemed like a leader in Age of X-man. This is a development that just went poof. But like Storm, I am glad Jean is on the council and so far she feels like she has an important role and voice in X-force.

    Cyclops is a great character and I know he is the character a lot of fans and creators identify with but I just with they could identify with minority characters in the same way they identify with Scott Summers.
    Majority of writers are white men, so that hapens. Diversify editors and writers

  9. #69
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I was a little disappointed in the lack of a Jean Grey question since Jean had finally became an X-men leader in X-men Blue and Red (and in the first part of the Uncanny run) and Jean seemed like a leader in Age of X-man. This is a development that just went poof. But like Storm, I am glad Jean is on the council and so far she feels like she has an important role and voice in X-force.
    I asked about Jean and Red and it was one of the questions with the most likes but the X-Men Monday guy hates me.

  10. #70
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I asked about Jean and Red and it was one of the questions with the most likes but the X-Men Monday guy hates me.
    At least you tried. I think I hit like on your question and the Xavierfiles question (the one about the quiet council that was used).

  11. #71
    Smart & Swift & Violent Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I asked about Jean and Red and it was one of the questions with the most likes but the X-Men Monday guy hates me.
    I doubt they see Jean Grey as a leader of the X-Men.
    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

  12. #72
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Whatttt?
    In IVsX she didnt save the mutants from nothing. Medusa destoryed the mist when she knew it was gonna reach a critical point. The only thing that she did was a kill a lot of people after the situation was resolved.

    In secret empire she didnt save nobody, New Tian was an Hydra Iniciative and HydraCap discussed it with Magneto, not Emma. She was choosen by HydraCap, I dont see how she saved someone there, New Tian was going to be created if not under Emma rule under another one.

    And she could be anti mothervine but the first test of Mothervine was organized by her in New Tian, She was very interested in it until she saw that Ms Sinister was fooling her.
    Medusa had no plan to destroy the second cloud. Frost gave the X-Men 8 months to come up with a plan after destroying the first one. She built a machine to contain the second one. And the means to destroy the second cloud only existed because Frost set those events in motion.

    Frost was acknowledged to have protected mutantd from Hydra jn Secret Empire by Beast.

    And mothervine was always Havoks idea right up until tbe end. She tells Havok twice to get out.

  13. #73
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Y
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Medusa had no plan to destroy the second cloud. Frost gave the X-Men 8 months to come up with a plan after destroying the first one. She built a machine to contain the second one. And the means to destroy the second cloud only existed because Frost set those events in motion.

    Frost was acknowledged to have protected mutantd from Hydra jn Secret Empire by Beast.

    And mothervine was always Havoks idea right up until tbe end. She tells Havok twice to get out.
    The second cloud machine was created by moon girl and forge. And of course the inhumans didn’t wanted te destroy the cloud but they were saving mutants in the way of the cloud and investing resources to develop cures from the M-PoX for different mutants like Hellion, who was cured by them.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...5/Image-54.jpg
    Beast only knew the public version of New Tian. The public version was that New Tuan was an illegal occupation, but in the main series of Secret Empire you see that HydraCap was the one who had the idea of new Tian to avoid fight the mutants for some years.
    Last edited by hulkling; 01-21-2020 at 03:45 AM.

  14. #74
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Y

    The second cloud machine was created by moon girl and forge. And of course the inhumans didnít wanted te destroy the cloud but they were saving mutants in the way of the cloud and investing resources to develop cures from the M-PoX for different mutants like Hellion, who was cured by them.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...5/Image-54.jpg
    Beast only knew the public version of New Tian. The public version was that New Tuan was an illegal occupation, but in the main series of Secret Empire you see that HydraCap was the one who had the idea of new Tian to avoid fight the mutants for some years.
    Still, Emma had a plan while other of her fellow mutant friends did not and she was able to protect mutants in both situations. The second cloud machine was created by Moongirl and Forge but it was Emma who put things in motion to get rid of the cloud in the first place.

    Are you really defending the Inhumans?

    Beast knew about Magneto and the Hydra stuff at the end of Empire. He still acknowledged Emma's role in that. She even was able to trace and keep a Cosmic Cube shard away from Cap.

    This sounds like you guys are being revisionist historians for the sake of pretending that Emma has yet to earn the X-Men's respect.

  15. #75
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Still, Emma had a plan while other of her fellow mutant friends did not and she was able to protect mutants in both situations. The second cloud machine was created by Moongirl and Forge but it was Emma who put things in motion to get rid of the cloud in the first place.

    Are you really defending the Inhumans?

    Beast knew about Magneto and the Hydra stuff at the end of Empire. He still acknowledged Emma's role in that. She even was able to trace and keep a Cosmic Cube shard away from Cap.

    This sounds like you guys are being revisionist historians for the sake of pretending that Emma has yet to earn the X-Men's respect.
    Emma surrender her fragment to Hydra in Secret empire 9 and wanted to support Hydra rule until HydraCap said " Um nope , now I have almost all the cosmic cube i can kill you all , thanks".

    the only emma role in New Tian was creating the concentration and reeducation camps

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •