Default The Question: The Many Deaths of Vic Sage #2 Discussion/Spoilers

The hammer-breakin', gun-totin', Man with No Face....

Interesting old west iteration of Sage. He was interestingly less abrasive than the modern Vic in #1, but haunted by the atrocities he had committed.

And now we have a perennial natural enemy for the no-face man: the man of a thousand faces (i.e. .... Satan!?!) And of course he adopts the appearance of a preacher. Funny that Lemire didn't include Reverend Hatch in the modern segment if he was going this way. (or maybe he's saving him for later)

I'm glad that so far we're not given an "explanation" of why this is happening or why Vic keeps getting resurrected. (I'd rather they keep it vague rather than explain it too much like Hawkman)

I’ve really enjoyed this book so far. Wish it was 6 issues instead of only 4 as I have a feeling that the story won’t be wrapped up to my satisfaction. Anyway looks like Vic is going to have his hands full in 1930’s Hub City now. Looking forward to it.

I thought the art was pretty incredible especially in this issue, I don't feel like the story is going to be easy to contain to a 4 issue run but I suppose the next two are going to be narrow the scope a little

Mighty Member

I wasn't as captivated of this issue as I was with the first, (but that is because I have such a strong underlining desire to see him in the present) That being said, give the character his own series already. So many writers want to work with him, and he is such an eccentric oddball rebel that he would be a literal goldmine for DC, if they tied him into the Batman universe with a strong writer.