Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Complaining about the fact that she can't fly in the DCEU or sometimes in the comics........hmmmm, sounds familiar. I wonder if I have said that in previous posts :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Well a guy in ig named wondervaughn explain that Diana didn't fly officially until the late 80s with Perez. plus before then she could only glide on currents. and there are newer versions of her that still couldn't fly until hermes struck her with a feather. All the gods are dead tragically so no hermes FTL speed or flight which we've seen neither. Audiences know can cyborg flies cuz of his technology so it makes sense. A lot of websites with forums have a lot of people saying they're glad she cant fly or else she'll be just another wannabe Superman
    But she already flew. When she was fighting Ares she flew. And now she can't do it? Why? How? This just makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    But she already flew. When she was fighting Ares she flew. And now she can't do it? Why? How? This just makes no sense.
    That was a highly debated scene. It looked like she hovered, not actually flying per se.

The movie was never clear about it. Even her jumping scene at the end of the movie into the Paris landscape can be argued a jump, maybe flying. But again, arbitrary.

Her appearances in BvS or Justice League did little to show she could fly. In fact, the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    That was a highly debated scene. It looked like she hovered, not actually flying per se.

The movie was never clear about it. Even her jumping scene at the end of the movie into the Paris landscape can be argued a jump, maybe flying. But again, arbitrary.

Her appearances in BvS or Justice League did little to show she could fly. In fact, the opposite.
    Hovered or flied is of little difference, she defied gravity under her own power. And the Snyder films are of little consequence now, this sequel is already going against what was established in those films.

Spectacular Member

Hovered or flied is of little difference, she defied gravity under her own power. And the Snyder films are of little consequence now, this sequel is already going against what was established in those films.
    Well remember her gold armor has wings so we will likely have flight scenes. Its weird seeing her lasso to swing around the mall tho. I guess the metalica ride the lightning is why patty did it since it was released in 84'. I also hope they explain which powers from each god she was given. I havent heard anything about artemis hermes demeter athena etc. Shes at the height of her powers in this film i would like more explanations of them. Also her bracelet blast is from comics which i didnt know until recently

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    She was CREATED to be a female Superman, he couldn't fly originally either. The "gliding on air currents" thing was a stupid half-measure that strained the limits of credibility. Especially when (like you said) so many other heroes can fly. All heroes from her era that still exist have experienced power creep. Why shouldn't she? And if you want to go back to basics the dceu version should have the full range of her powers, instead of making stuff up like bracelet force blasts and lightning amplification. Then there's the other arbitrarily imposed limitations like the lasso not being able to reach Ares seemingly because of wind, or Superman shrugging the lasso off and resisting it's power with no problem in Justice League. I understand that Superman is a male power fantasy and DC's powerhouse that can't be beaten by a girl, but not flying puts Wonder Woman a tier under Captain Marvel and even Supergirl when she's the world's most iconic super-heroine.

It's senseless.

And those people you're referring to can't be Wonder Woman fans.

I call it sexism.
    Yeah if ares is zeus son & he flies i guess diana wouldn't to be different. Rogue cant fly jean dosent either in film come to think of it. storm just hovers. Cap marvel flies waaay more than thor or vision or ANYONE actually. So maybe its budget issues too pricey?? Hell lynda didnt fly nor did she have cheetah(which really flabbergasts me)

Well remember her gold armor has wings so we will likely have flight scenes. Its weird seeing her lasso to swing around the mall tho. I guess the metalica ride the lightning is why patty did it since it was released in 84'. I also hope they explain which powers from each god she was given. I havent heard anything about artemis hermes demeter athena etc. Shes at the height of her powers in this film i would like more explanations of them. Also her bracelet blast is from comics which i didnt know until recently
    I don't think she was given powers from each god

Yeah if ares is zeus son & he flies i guess diana wouldn't to be different. Rogue cant fly jean dosent either in film come to think of it. storm just hovers. Cap marvel flies waaay more than thor or vision or ANYONE actually. So maybe its budget issues too pricey?? Hell lynda didnt fly nor did she have cheetah(which really flabbergasts me)
    Lynda's show had no flight probably because of special effects and it would look really bad at the time it was made, in the 70's. Also, in the comics she was just gliding on air currents, so not the type of flight we are used to.

But this modern version of Wonder Woman should fly, not just hover or have a convenient lightning bolt to ride on. Hopefully the movie will not be ambiguous about that, or just show her flying at the very end of the movie.

If she had fully realized her powerset at the beginning of the movie, she should be flying from the outset.

While I love a good electrical pole throwing and tank stopping action moments from the 70s television show, Diana's undoubtedly had her best action moments in animation. I still like to rewatch her throw down with Darkseid in the DCnU Justice League animated film.

What I really want to see though are some tremendous action/skill/power/strength/ingenuity scenes in the comics. I need some more amazingly written and excitingly depicted battles on the page, please. Grand, epic, challenging stuff, please.

She's one of the most powerful and capable superheroes in the DCU, with a wide power set, and rarely gets depicted as such. Bigger and bolder action sequences and dire circumstances, please.

Something I just thought of - Superman Returns. Perhaps my favorite Superman action scene comes from this movie, and obviously it isn't any fighting. Superman saving that plane, some of the best superhero action to date to this very day in my opinion. I would love for Wonder Woman to have a heroic rescue scene of that level. I know usually when we think of action we think of fighting, but a spectacular save a plane-or-whatever scene can be just as exiting and would be pretty appropriate for Wonder Woman.

Just a random thought I had.

Spectacular Member

Something I just thought of - Superman Returns. Perhaps my favorite Superman action scene comes from this movie, and obviously it isn't any fighting. Superman saving that plane, some of the best superhero action to date to this very day in my opinion. I would love for Wonder Woman to have a heroic rescue scene of that level. I know usually when we think of action we think of fighting, but a spectacular save a plane-or-whatever scene can be just as exiting and would be pretty appropriate for Wonder Woman.

Just a random thought I had.
    I really want some major strength feats & speed too. Catch a building or a yacht or something. Did you know alot of ppl have no clue shes faster than light?

I really want some major strength feats & speed too. Catch a building or a yacht or something. Did you know alot of ppl have no clue shes faster than light?
    Eh, I think faster-than-light speed is a bit much for film (and comics too). Superman is also that fast in comics but never in the movies (unless you count maybe that one scene from Superman The Movie). I would like her to show more superspeed though. Not hammer people over the head with the speed feats, that's Flash's thing after all, but have it be more a part of her repertoire. Honestly Superman's speed feats and usage in the DCEU so far is kind of what I want to see more from Diana.

I think she's got a good showing for strength already, I mean she was throwing tanks around like nobody's business in her last solo. I don't know how a tank compares to a yacht though, I meant the yacht's larger but the tank is all heavy metal so...eh, let's just combine the two concepts and have her lift a warship.