Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Basically it went, "something something 'common putting the toys back in the box analogy' something something." I have no criticisms towards this train of thought as it's something I often appreciate in a writer, and I certainly don't blame Brubaker for the split just because if someone wanted to put them back together it wouldn't have taken a lot of effort on anyone's part. That their relationship is now in a state of constant questionability probably means it would have ended up this way regardless. I mean, you think they'd let Bucky and Natasha be a happy stable couple when they couldn't let Peter and MJ last? Marvel doesn't think functional relationships sell stories, and even a relationship centered around a history of brain washing and Russian espionage is too functional for them.

I think there were issues were they were gonna cancel the book, and then they weren’t too. I wish I could find that interview they did years ago where he recapped his time right after he left Marvel.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Basically it went, "something something 'common putting the toys back in the box analogy' something something." I have no criticisms towards this train of thought as it's something I often appreciate in a writer, and I certainly don't blame Brubaker for the split just because if someone wanted to put them back together it wouldn't have taken a lot of effort on anyone's part. That their relationship is now in a state of constant questionability probably means it would have ended up this way regardless. I mean, you think they'd let Bucky and Natasha be a happy stable couple when they couldn't let Peter and MJ last? Marvel doesn't think functional relationships sell stories, and even a relationship centered around a history of brain washing and Russian espionage is too functional for them.
    If he hadn't broken them up by erasing her memories...someone would have come along and broken them up some other way just because he or she did not like the relationship. I really wish Marvel would let some of them get married...or at least have committed relationships.

Fantastic Member

Honestly, the break-up via erasing memories, although traumatic af, is still something they as a couple could bounce back from. Which, if I had to end a couple's story that I liked, I would do so in such a way that makes it easier for others to revisit in the future. Which seems to kind of work, since every time they interact there is this undercurrent of angst, and I don't like Bucky has had a remotely successful love interest since.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Honestly, the break-up via erasing memories, although traumatic af, is still something they as a couple could bounce back from. Which, if I had to end a couple's story that I liked, I would do so in such a way that makes it easier for others to revisit in the future. Which seems to kind of work, since every time they interact there is this undercurrent of angst, and I don't like Bucky has had a remotely successful love interest since.
    Simple solution...when she downloaded into the clone body all the memories got knocked loose...and she has not said anything because he has not said anything...so you get this emotional, humanizing moment from them when it does come up.

Maybe. I see it as supporting cast... WS and BW together feel stronger story wise than apart. I might be wrong but clearly the Winter Soldier stories have been pretty mediocre in my mind since Brubaker. Coate’s after introducing in his Cap run has all but forgotten him which really is a shame. Those most successful Cap
    runs including a strong ensemble that included James and the Widow. They could be again. Barnes’ relationship with Nick Sr was also solid and enjoyable. At least until Original Sin.

I agree with tliscord, Natasha and James are stronger together.

Dropped Captain America months ago. Bucky's is doing absolutely nothing in that story and l'm still trying figure out why White Tiger is helping Steve and Natasha's not.

Coates is so overrated.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I think a part of it may also be more writers seem to be into shipping Clint and Natasha, at least from what I've seen and how much the relationship has come up again as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post

Dropped Captain America months ago. Bucky's is doing absolutely nothing in that story and l'm still trying figure out why White Tiger is helping Steve and Natasha's not.

Coates is so overrated.
    It moves at a snail's pace, so Bucky could very well be doing something, it just hardly feels like it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It moves at a snail's pace, so Bucky could very well be doing something, it just hardly feels like it.
    I'm super curious what Peggy (and Sharon) said to Bucky to get him to keep the "Peggy is pulling the strings and not dead" secret, because it's doesn't feel entirely in character for him to keep that secret from Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post

Coates is so overrated.
    Not to deepen our wounds any further .... but damn

“Bucky” ought never role off of Natasha’s lips. Just ain’t right.

Hmmm, that image didn’t post very well
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tliscord; 02-17-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Winter Soldier by Mike Perkins...

perkins WS.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

It's 2020, so why does Bucky continue to be drawn with the red star on his arm?

Falcon/Winter #1 was pretty good. I didn’t hate desensitized Bucky LoL.

James in Black Widow #1 by Elena Casagrande.
    EUJqH9jXsAALyef.jpg