Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What was the point of Miami moving back for, basically for an extra round 4 pick? I could see for a 2, but the missed a good LB (that they need) with that swap.
    Says to me they are worried about Xavien Howard's health given how often he gets hurt.

They still have 12 more picks this draft and I don't see any way 15 rookies make the roster so I expect from here they'll be packaging a bunch of these picks to move up into the 2nd rd. Or get veterans who are on the trade block.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I expected last night's first round of the Virtual NFL Draft to have been a train wreck, but it ran smoother than silk. Kudos to everyone involved for the production.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

And the Rams pick ... nobody. But hey they do have Jalen Ramsey!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Raiders have 3 3rd round picks and no 2nd round pick today...

Me thinks they try to shop at least two of them and/or a player into moving up to the second.

Big Three needs today: LB, DT, OL
    Would not be against: WR, DB or QB
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Woooooo! I’m still riding high on the Cowboys drafting Ceedee Lamb. Thank you Raiders.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

okay I dont mind the draft format this year. I am enjoying the draft. What I am not enjoying are all the kids crowding around the head coach and Managers. You guys are picking the future of your team, I dont need you reading goodnight moon to your 5 year old while looking at QB stats.
    Last edited by babyblob; 04-24-2020 at 04:21 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Bill has always been a bit of a dog.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Kansas City went defense with the 2nd rd pick and picked a guy who had some troubled issues in school. Thus far KC is 2/3 on picking troubled players from schools. In it they drafted Marcus Peters who had issues in college. And for awhile he played great in KC til he decided to have locker room issues and it forced him to be traded away. Tyreek Hill had his last off-season situation and came close to being cut. But made THE biggest play in the Super Bowl and is considered Mahomes key #1 threat. Kareem Hunt was a washout after a season and he lied to the team about him kicking a woman.

This guy has huge speed at LB and can hit sideline to sideline. His issues dropped his draft stock.

I'm watching New England to see if the team drafts the heir to Tom Brady. 2 of the BIG NAME prospects at QB on the board are left. Jacob Eason and Jake Fromm.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quite happy with my Dolphins draft so far. I have obvious worries about Tua's injury history but since then they've been drafting lineman and defensive backs. So many mocks had them throwing high picks at running backs and wide receivers which would have been wastes in my opinion. You can scheme running back production if you have a decent line but it doesn't matter how good your back is if your line is the worst in the NFL like Miami's was last year. On a team full of holes WR was actually their strongest position as Devante Parker finally figured out how to be a #1 receiver last year, Preston Williams looked great until he got hurt, and other receivers like Isaiah Ford looked good in limited opportunity. Plus they have vets Grant and Wilson though I expect the latter to be cut for cap room here eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Quite happy with my Dolphins draft so far. I have obvious worries about Tua's injury history but since then they've been drafting lineman and defensive backs. So many mocks had them throwing high picks at running backs and wide receivers which would have been wastes in my opinion. You can scheme running back production if you have a decent line but it doesn't matter how good your back is if your line is the worst in the NFL like Miami's was last year. On a team full of holes WR was actually their strongest position as Devante Parker finally figured out how to be a #1 receiver last year, Preston Williams looked great until he got hurt, and other receivers like Isaiah Ford looked good in limited opportunity. Plus they have vets Grant and Wilson though I expect the latter to be cut for cap room here eventually.
    I'm betting all the pre-draft talk about "Tua's stock falling" and "how far will he fall because of his injury history?" was a deliberate smokescreen by Miami to discourage anybody from trading up to #3 or #4 to swipe him out from under them.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Washington finally traded Trent Williams-they had been looking for a 1st rounder for him and got nowhere near that. San Fran sent a 5th rounder this year and a 3rd rounder next year for Williams.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    A dog was behind the haunting in Silent Hill and the Evil Empire in the NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    They still have 12 more picks this draft and I don't see any way 15 rookies make the roster so I expect from here they'll be packaging a bunch of these picks to move up into the 2nd rd. Or get veterans who are on the trade block.
    Wrong about acquiring more early picks but right about trading for veterans. The Dolphins just traded a 5th rd pick to the 49ers for running back Matt Breida.

Breida has been very good when healthy for the 49ers and with Jordan Howard already on the team he makes a good 3rd down back for the Dolphins.

I just saw an interview where Gronkowski claims he was traded to the Lions in 2018 and his response was "I'm retired."
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 04-25-2020 at 12:50 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.