Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Wow, big paycheck. What do you want to bet Brissett goes back to New England?
    Only a year deal.

Ya know. If they're still interested in Brady, if i was Gruden and Mayock i'd try to trade Derek to NE for a 2nd.

**** Derek would probably do pretty good.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

In my attempt to Nostradamus the future , I'm introducing your 2020 starting QB for the the Patriots: Derek Carr. No secret that Gruden and Carr are not enamored of one another. The Raiders already have two mid rd 1st rd picks so if they could pry a 1st or 2nd out of New England for Carr they'd be able to move up in the draft and grab the QB of the future that Gruden wants. Burrow is gone at #1 and Miami can outbid them but this would put the Raiders in prime position for Herbert or Love.

Brady just signed with Tampa Bay.

Great spot for him as he has great offensive weapons to throw to and an offensive minded coach.

Bucs & Saints games are gunna be hot tickets this season
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    In my attempt to Nostradamus the future , I'm introducing your 2020 starting QB for the the Patriots: Derek Carr. No secret that Gruden and Carr are not enamored of one another. The Raiders already have two mid rd 1st rd picks so if they could pry a 1st or 2nd out of New England for Carr they'd be able to move up in the draft and grab the QB of the future that Gruden wants. Burrow is gone at #1 and Miami can outbid them but this would put the Raiders in prime position for Herbert or Love.
    No way is Belichick gonna hand a 1st rd pick to Raiders for Carr. They may give a 2nd. But odds are from rumors Belichick will go after Dalton.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Now becomes the interesting question marks for Brady...

- He's played in one system for over 20 seasons in New England. A fact the Patriots made sure that Charlie Weis , O'Brien and Josh McDaniel all ran the same system with Tom Brady. Now he's entering the Bruce Arians system which is deeper reads and as said weeks ago Carson Palmer warned that the system is a challenge for QB's to learn as he struggled that 1st season in it.

- Brady gets 2 , 1,000+ yard WR's and a decent TE now to throw to. As one NFL.Com analyst said these are the best weapons Brady has said since the Moss era in New England.

- Tampa Bay will need a QB of the future. He turns 43 this year. There isn't gonna be many deep seasons in Tampa with him.

- Jamesis Winston is done in Tampa. His career is done there after 4-5 seasons as Arians just couldn't stand the turnovers Winston threw.

- Brady only had 2 teams on his radar. The LA Chargers and Tampa Bay. The Chargers lost out because Brady wanted to stay on East coast and play near his family.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

So this is according to Ian Rapport.

- Brady before the 2019 season asked for guaranteed money and a deal through 2020. The Patriots declined doing this and instead granted his wish to be a free agent after the 2019 season ended. Brady would later agree to work a deal with the team then.

- During that season Brady gave indications he was not happy with how he had been done and put his house on the market and was moving.

- Tom Brady wanted the Patriots to basically tell him he was needed and wanted him back. While New England wanted the same thing from Brady. That he was wanting to play there. Both sides never would meet up to discuss anything as they waited on each other.

- The night of the decision Brady met with Robert Kraft and as one reporter claims it became like a stand off with each side wanting the other to come to the middle in a sense. But time ran out on things. The Patriots from what was claimed feel hurt because they wanted Brady to commit to them. That he was the one who wanted to test free agency after all.

- Its stressed that Brady hasn't signed yet. But its like a long marriage breaking apart due to the distance both sides had.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Brady just signed with Tampa Bay.

Great spot for him as he has great offensive weapons to throw to and an offensive minded coach.
    Brady in the NFC. That should be plenty interesting!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Brady in the NFC. That should be plenty interesting!
    The Bucs just need their defense to step up now. But they have the weapons on offense to pass Atlanta to at least be the #2 team in the division. Depending on what happens with Drew Brees, they could give New Orleans a run for the NFL South.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Bucs & Saints games are gunna be hot tickets this season
    I see two games likely going to prime time - maybe three if the wild cards fall right. And Roger is probably salivating over the potential TV revenue already.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Winston had 5000+ yards last season (most in NFL) but had 33 INTs. (also most). Brady had 4000 yrds but only 8 picks. You probably win a few more games with that trade off.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I see two games likely going to prime time - maybe three if the wild cards fall right. And Roger is probably salivating over the potential TV revenue already.
    Haven't seen the schedule, but yeah, I could imagine BOTH Bucs games against New Orleans in primetime, and probably a few more after that.

Bill O'Brien has dumped Clowney and Hopkins in 6 months for pennies on the dollar. How you can instill confidence on a team with moves like this is beyond my understanding.
    Maybe this will be the first fruit from the Belichick tree that is not just ineffectual but poisonous. There is definitely a racial component to these moves.

Michael Irvin went on Get Up and dropped some very surprising information about Hopkins' exit and the relationship between the All-Pro wideout and his head coach. Irvin called Hopkins after the trade went down to ask what happened, and Hopkins told him the following:

"[Hopkins] told me, he said, 'Michael, it was a bit of a power struggle there', because Coach O'Brien thought he had too much influence over the locker room. He called DeAndre Hopkins in a meeting to talk about this, to kind of just hash it out," said Irvin. "In that meeting, he started the meeting by telling DeAndre Hopkins this, and it blew my mind when he told me this, he told DeAndre Hopkins, 'The last time I had to have a meeting like this, it was with Aaron Hernandez.'"
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Bill O'Brien has dumped Clowney and Hopkins in 6 months for pennies on the dollar. How you can instill confidence on a team with moves like this is beyond my understanding.
    Maybe this will be the first fruit from the Belichick tree that is not just ineffectual but poisonous. There is definitely a racial component to these moves.
    Good Lord! That's mindboggling! While we haven't heard O'Brien's side of the story, if what Hopkins said was true, how in hell can O'Brien maintain his hold on the locker room after THAT?

Chargers and New England have entered into a trade war for Super Cam.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium