Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I just saw an interview where Gronkowski claims he was traded to the Lions in 2018 and his response was "I'm retired."
    Everyone remembers this and how quick the trade as nixed. But he was going to be sent to Detroit. Which really would test the theory if he could handle playing without a Hall of Fame QB in Stafford.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Everyone remembers this and how quick the trade as nixed. But he was going to be sent to Detroit. Which really would test the theory if he could handle playing without a Hall of Fame QB in Stafford.
    Too many HoF players can't handle playing in Detroit. Gronk isn't alone in that.
    Dark does not mean deep.

NFL News

- The same day the 49ers acquired Trent Williams , their long time LT Joe Staley announced his retirement. Staley was debating retirement for a few months as he told reporters some days he wanted to play til he was 40. Then other days retire in 5 minutes. At 35 Staley leaves after 6 Pro Bowls and being a 2010's All-Decade team player.

- Also the 49ers were really busy as the team traded Matt Brieda (RB) to the Dolphins for a 5th rd pick. The team had only $13+ million in cap space and with Trent Williams demanding a new contract soon they needed to free up cap space. They then traded Marquize Goodwin (WR) to the Eagles who are trying to fix the WR corps for Wentz after last seasons fall.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Barry Sanders is the GOAT RB next to Brown and he couldn’t handle Detroit. Calvin Johnson also left Detroit on bad terms. They don’t take care of star players

Happy with everything Arizona did. They drafted for best player available with all 6 of their picks, and somehow, filled every need on their roster by some fluke.

Isaiah Simmons falling to #8 was nice. Getting Josh Jones, who some had in the first round in Round 3 is huge. Both defensive tackles they got in Round 4 are gonna see playing time, and they picks in Round 6 and 7 were definite special teams talent that could develop.

As good as the first round WRs were this year, I'm glad that Keim didn't add another weapon to the WR corps after the trade for Hopkins.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Happy with everything Arizona did. They drafted for best player available with all 6 of their picks, and somehow, filled every need on their roster by some fluke.

Isaiah Simmons falling to #8 was nice. Getting Josh Jones, who some had in the first round in Round 3 is huge. Both defensive tackles they got in Round 4 are gonna see playing time, and they picks in Round 6 and 7 were definite special teams talent that could develop.

As good as the first round WRs were this year, I'm glad that Keim didn't add another weapon to the WR corps after the trade for Hopkins.
    If you count Nuk as part of the draft haul then the Cards had one of the best drafts in the history of the NFL.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I’m biased as a Dallas fan, but I think they crushed the draft. They got the best wr in the draft at 17, and he was rated the 6th best player. Have fun trying to cover Cooper, Gallup and Lamb, while also trying to stop Zeke.

Picked CB Trevon Diggs in the 2nd when most teams and scouts had him ranked as their 4th-5th best CB in this draft with a 1st rd grade. He will be starting by game 5, if not sooner.

Picked DT Gallimore in the 3rd. Most had him as 2nd rd player. He’ll slide in at the DT rotation with McCoy and Poe.

We then double dipped at CB and picked ultra athletic Reggie Robinson. Will play some this year, but gives us a starter next year when Chido and Lewis are free agents.

Dallas then traded up with Philly (thanks Philly), and selected Wisconsin center Biadazz, to replace Frederick, who retired.

This is where I think we got the biggest steal of the draft. DE Anae fell to us in the 5th and we scooped him up. Had 13 sacks last year and 30 over his college career. He ran a slow 40 at the combine, but he’s a DE not a WR. Watch his tape and he’s a beast. He’ll contribute right away as a rookie and could be our day 1 starter depending on if Gregory and Aldon Smith gets reinstated.

Last pick was a in the 7th rd and they decided to take a flier on a QB. He’s a long term project, but hey, it’s a 7th rd pick.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I’m biased as a Dallas fan, but I think they crushed the draft. They got the best wr in the draft at 17, and he was rated the 6th best player. Have fun trying to cover Cooper, Gallup and Lamb, while also trying to stop Zeke.
    Problem is your line isn't as good as it was and you have Mike McCarthy as a coach. He can't innovate and only the greatness of Aaron Rodgers kept the Packers afloat the McCarthy years. Earlier this year I was listening to an interview with a linebacker who hadn't played for Packers since 2011 or so but even in 2019 he was able to tell exactly what the Packers were going to do on most plays because McCarthy hadn't changed anything up at all.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Problem is your line isn't as good as it was and you have Mike McCarthy as a coach. He can't innovate and only the greatness of Aaron Rodgers kept the Packers afloat the McCarthy years. Earlier this year I was listening to an interview with a linebacker who hadn't played for Packers since 2011 or so but even in 2019 he was able to tell exactly what the Packers were going to do on most plays because McCarthy hadn't changed anything up at all.
    Our oline is still very good. McGovern is going to take over the LG spot where Connor Williams underperformed. Biadazz will be our starter at C sooner than later. Not sure how people think McCarthy is worse than Garrett. That's a serious upgrade right there. Also, it's not just McCarthy. He brought in some of the best coaches in the league to coach up the dline, defense and we still have Moore calling plays on offense. We're good.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I'll be honest , KC's picks don't fill me with excitement. The LB they selected in 2nd rd could be solid if he reforms completely and becomes a pro player. But yeah I'll reserve judgement on all of them til I see what they do.

Overall I thought the Rams did well. Nothing too thrilling, but then again right now they are just praying the o-line full of new guys gels more and can stay away from injuries ending in "CL."

They got two more quick release valves in their earliest picks - Akers and Hopkins - plus a pretty decent wideout (Jefferson) who is built in the mold of a Sammy Watkins. Considering the cap issues they have, it was the best way to try and get back in the game offensively with the losses they have had to take. Also Burgess, a new DB, who might have been their steal of the draft. No one expects the Rams to get more defensive guys! Not!

A decent, big LB from Baylor in the seventh round is nice, and probably my favorite pick as far as bang for the buck along with Fuller as the new free safety. Both are beasts and will be impact players once they can rotate into the lineup.

They did get an o-line guy as their last pick. Another young new guy, yay. Unless they have something else up their sleeve to pull in a veteran from somewhere, the line's performance on any given week might again be a nail biter. I just hope their luck changes this year or next, as the case may be, and the injuries aren't as bad or common.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Our oline is still very good. McGovern is going to take over the LG spot where Connor Williams underperformed. Biadazz will be our starter at C sooner than later. Not sure how people think McCarthy is worse than Garrett. That's a serious upgrade right there. Also, it's not just McCarthy. He brought in some of the best coaches in the league to coach up the dline, defense and we still have Moore calling plays on offense. We're good.
    They made a good job keeping Moore but a big issue with McCarthy is he will not make adjustments at all to his system he runs. In fact one former defensive player who hadn't played for the team over the TV called out every play the team would run a few years after he had left the Packers. Because McCarthy did no changes to his system and the play calls were the exact same.

Its why people have said there was a reason Green Bay finally had to let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    If you count Nuk as part of the draft haul then the Cards had one of the best drafts in the history of the NFL.
    On paper, they've had a great offseason.

On paper. We'll see if they get an "A" when the games are finally played, whenever that is.

Still, after the off-season going into the 3-13 year in 2018 (with injuries to virtually the entire offensive line prior to Week 1 and Sam Bradford as their QB signing)... and then the off-season in 2019 where their biggest signings were Darius Philon (who never played for them after a domestic assault off-the-field), Patrick Peterson getting suspended for 6 games, a washed up Michael Crabtree, Brooks Reed, and Terrell Suggs getting signed (and cut by mid-way through the year), and a draft full of raw WRs who all got hurt in training camp, two members of their secondary that were signed getting axed mid-season for questioning the coaching staff (D.J. Swearinger & Tramaine Brock)...

When you compare this off-season to those two... it's hard not to feel like they're headed in a better direction.

On paper. I gotta see it to believe it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

In some funny NFL News...

- Another team that didn't take A 2nd rd QB in this QB heavy draft was ... Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers have an injured Ben Rothlisberger coming back from elbow surgery and the Steelers backup QB's on roster (Mason Rudolph & Devlin Hodges) accounted for together 2,800+ yards passing 18 TDs and 17 Ints . Steelers GM Kevin Colbert claimed the team was happy with their QB situation and how Rudolph showed promise. (WTF ?)

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    On paper, they've had a great offseason.

On paper. We'll see if they get an "A" when the games are finally played, whenever that is.

Still, after the off-season going into the 3-13 year in 2018 (with injuries to virtually the entire offensive line prior to Week 1 and Sam Bradford as their QB signing)... and then the off-season in 2019 where their biggest signings were Darius Philon (who never played for them after a domestic assault off-the-field), Patrick Peterson getting suspended for 6 games, a washed up Michael Crabtree, Brooks Reed, and Terrell Suggs getting signed (and cut by mid-way through the year), and a draft full of raw WRs who all got hurt in training camp, two members of their secondary that were signed getting axed mid-season for questioning the coaching staff (D.J. Swearinger & Tramaine Brock)...

When you compare this off-season to those two... it's hard not to feel like they're headed in a better direction.

On paper. I gotta see it to believe it.
    It still stuns me they let Suggs go. He is still a guy who can get after the QB even at 37 and play a situational pass rush role. He had 6.5 sacks (5.5 with Arizona). I mean I thank Arizona for letting Suggs go as he was the final defensive ingredient the Chiefs needed to get over the hump in playoffs (he picked it up big time playoffs wise). But it shocks me Arizona didn't try to hand onto him to be a mentor type for their young DE/OLB prospects to learn from.