Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Bears have dropped out of the Cam/Dalton race and have traded for Nick Foles.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The Bears are claiming Foles will compete for the starting job with Trubiksy. But the deal seems more like one where the team trades for a veteran to just have someone there. It would shock me if the whole competition isn't set to where Trubisky is just playing to not lose the job. All while Foles if need be can come off the bench as a last ditch effort and repeat what he did with Philadelphia.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Bears are claiming Foles will compete for the starting job with Trubiksy. But the deal seems more like one where the team trades for a veteran to just have someone there. It would shock me if the whole competition isn't set to where Trubisky is just playing to not lose the job. All while Foles if need be can come off the bench as a last ditch effort and repeat what he did with Philadelphia.
    And thus, another year of Khalil Mack's career was set to be wasted.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Eagles, after letting S Malcolm Jenkins walk (he returned to New Orleans) are working on a deal to obtain CB Darius Slay from Detroit.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Days after Bill O'Brien has made himself look like an idiot with a terrible trade , Chris Simms tried painting the trade as not so bad. His video defending it and breaking down what a moron Simms is.

- Is Hopkins worth $22 million a season ? - Simms claims that Hopkins likely would have approached the team after 2020 to redo his contract and give him $22 million a season. Simms questions if Hopkins is worth Julio Jones money. And quite frankly Simms is a moron for this one. Hopkins and Jones both in their 1st 7 seasons had 5 , 1,000+ yard seasons so there is that comparison. Hopkins is 1,300+ yards away from 10,000+ career receiving yards right now. A number he should catch in a season or two.

- David Johnson is a RB who has only 1,300+ rushing yards in the last 3 seasons. There was talk Arizona would need to eat half of Johnsons salary if they could convince a team to trade for him or be left with eating it fully by cutting him. Since he clearly wasn't in their plans moving forward.

- What makes this trade even more silly is the Texans didn't have a hole at RB. In fact Carlos Hyde had rushed for over 1,000+ yards and is 29 years old. So he has more time on his body. Also the team has Duke Johnson who rushed for over 400+ yards and is a good #2. So there was no weakness at RB here.

- Simms brings up Watson's future contract and well he's gonna get in the $30+ million range a season. The Texans could have made signing Hopkins work next year. As the cap will push over $200+ million.

-
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Just got an alert from Bleacher Report that Rams released RB Todd Gurley.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert from Bleacher Report that Rams released RB Todd Gurley.
    Would have been a nice fit for the Texans, and they would have him without trading assets.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Chargers and New England have entered into a trade war for Super Cam.
    Pats aren’t paying for Cam

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I legitimately don't know what the Falcons are doing. I thought they were in cap hell, which is why they dumped Freeman and Trufant, but here they go trading one banged up running back for another banged up running back.

Got an alert from Bleacher Report that the XFL cancelled the rest of their season because of you-know-what, and that the players are free to sign with the NFL. That last part tells me the XFL might not come back, even after things return to normal.

Yah I'm thinking a worldwide pandemic might have turned out not be the best environment to start a new football league. Oh well, it really looked promising.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ratings for the XFL was headed into the shitter anyhow before this.

As a Chiefs fan I really don't think KC will do well this year given how tight they are against Salary cap. The team seems stuck in cap hell for 2020. They haven't signed really any free agents beyond Antonio Hamilton and have lost a starting CB in free agency. The team restructured deals from Frank Clark and someone else to get cap room. But they are in a hard spot as they attempt to keep Chris Jones.

So rumors are KC likely will attempt to trade Jones and possibly Watkins to free up salary cap space to build towards 2021. They will lean heavy on draft and June 1st cuts as well.

Mahomes literally carried Kansas City to a Super Bowl in 2019. He will be asked to do it again in 2020.

As a Chiefs fan I really don't think KC will do well this year given how tight they are against Salary cap. The team seems stuck in cap hell for 2020. They haven't signed really any free agents beyond Antonio Hamilton and have lost a starting CB in free agency. The team restructured deals from Frank Clark and someone else to get cap room. But they are in a hard spot as they attempt to keep Chris Jones.

So rumors are KC likely will attempt to trade Jones and possibly Watkins to free up salary cap space to build towards 2021. They will lean heavy on draft and June 1st cuts as well.

Mahomes literally carried Kansas City to a Super Bowl in 2019. He will be asked to do it again in 2020.
    Chiefs are going to screwed soon. Unless Mahomes gives a major hometown discount he is going to deservedly get the biggest contract in the history of football soon which even though deserved will cripple the Chiefs cap wise at which point they'll be come the Packers or Saints, a team that is always competitive because of great QB play but struggles to get to the superbowl because so much of the rest of the team is average.

And things figured to have only gotten worse with the XFL going up against March Madness.