Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Honestly Vince should have the XFL season be April to July. This way he's out of the way of March madness and you can have a real spring/summer league. The Arena Football League is gone. They could use this time to push the league.
    Meanwhile, with coronavirus having became a pandemic, how with that affect attendance in stadiums where the XFL plays? The NBA suspended the remainder of their season last night, the NHL and MLS could follow suit, March Madness will be played in empty arenas, and god only knows if there will even be a baseball season. At this point, Vince's league could already be screwed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I watched the first couple of weeks but in the end dropped it. THe play was not that great. Players I dont care about. No team even close to me. I thought it might be fun but I just couldnt buy into it.
    This. I tried but the level of football just at the QB position alone was enough to be like yea no. There is enough of a close approximation to the NFL product, PLENTY of names that used to do in the League unfortunately most are also rans. Some of these guys will make some NFL rosters in the fall though, especially since the (if approved) new CBA will expand some spots. It's struggling just to be niche football and I watch NCAA, NFL and even keep up on the outer fringe of Indiana HS football and that ain't good.

By and large I don't like Monopolies, so I think that's most of it to me in wanting this particular product (founded by a guy who up until recently had his own Monopoly), to make a bigger wave than it probably has any right too have.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL News..

- Tennessee Titans announced the release of Dion Lewis (RB). Lewis was signed in 2018 as a free agent with the Titans and was expected to pair with Derrick Henry to create an explosive ground game. Henry however became the main RB as the end of 2018 began and really took it in 2019. The move will save Titans $5+ million in cap space and give them $50+ million in salary cap space for 2020.

- After 9 seasons with the Houston Texans , Jonathon Joseph (CB) was told the team is moving on from him. Joseph will hit free agency and be 36 years old. He has been a solid player since signing a big free agent deal in 2011 with them. He claims he plans to play on as the Texans will go younger in secondary.

- Miami announced the release of their longest serving player Reshard Jones (Safety) . Jones is a Pro Bowl safety who had been with the team for 10 seasons and is coming off an injured season. A Pro Bowl player when healthy Jones release will save the Dolphins $5.4 million. Before this move the Dolphins already had $88+ million in salary cap space.

- In a move that was expected ; Green Bay has released Jimmy Graham (TE). Graham's cap number and production dropping led to his release after 2 seasons with the team. He had signed a 3 year deal for $30 million back in 2018. At 34 Graham has 1,009 for 7,883 yards and 74 TD's.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

NFL News

- Buffalo signed Quinton Spain (guard) to a 3 year extension worth $15 million to keep him with the team.

- Along with releasing Dion Lewis yesterday the Titans also released 10 year veteran Cameron Wake (DE). Wake signed a free agent deal to be a big time pass rusher after years in Miami. Instead he was injured and used on a limited basis on 2019 with just 2.5 sacks. The release will save Tennessee more money.

- Chicago signed future free agent Danny Trevathan (LB) to a 3 year extension running through 2022. Trevathan has been with the Bears since signing as a free agent in 2016.

- Baltimore Ravens placed their franchise tag on Matthew Judon (OLB) for 2020. Judon had burst onto the scene in 2019 and led the team with 9.5 sacks and had 54 tackles. It is unknown if Ravens will try to sign Judon to a long term deal or try a sign or trade deal.

- The LA Chargers used their franchise tag on Hunter Henry (TE) today. The Chargers were very busy as they released starters Thomas Davis (LB) and Brendan Mebane (NT). They also restructured Denzel Perryman (LB) deal as he was due $6 million this season coming up.

- The Denver Broncos franchised tagged Justin Simmons (Safety) as he had became a top ranked safety. He will be paid $12+ million and its up to Elway to sign him to a long term deal.

- Minnesota released veteran Xavier Rhodes (CB) after a disappointing season. The Vikings also released Linval Joseph (DT) and David Morgan (TE).

- With the draft coming up whoever starts at QB will have a hard time ahead. The Cincinnati Bengals released Cordy Glenn (LT) the veteran offensive lineman . Glenn had a contract that was easy to release as he was due $9.5 million and the team saves that. The Bengals have a 2019 1st rd pick ready to possibly step in with Jonah Williams.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Some really talented players are getting released from defenses and O-lines.

Honestly, with baseball, football, and hockey suspending operations... the current hot topic in sports is really going to be NFL Off-Season news. That's still going to be a thing that can happen remotely with free agency and draft candidates only needing workouts or physicals with team staff.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

one thing I read is that if the virus subsides in the warm months, it would probably come back in the Fall. So next season????
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Some really talented players are getting released from defenses and O-lines.

Honestly, with baseball, football, and hockey suspending operations... the current hot topic in sports is really going to be NFL Off-Season news. That's still going to be a thing that can happen remotely with free agency and draft candidates only needing workouts or physicals with team staff.
    And basketball, and soccer, and golf, and NASCAR, and tennis, I don’t think even the e-leagues are running. Sports, professional, collegiate and high school are deader than dead. Meanwhile, I’m guessing the NFL will cancel the Draft, or, at the very least, it won’t be presented as originally planned. My guess it’ll probably be held in a studio with one representative at a table for each team, no players, with picks being made over the phone and players notified via teleconferencing while streamed live.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    one thing I read is that if the virus subsides in the warm months, it would probably come back in the Fall. So next season????
    They might play in smaller venues after being screened prior to games, and with no fans present. Keep it solely on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And basketball, and soccer, and golf, and NASCAR, and tennis, I don’t think even the e-leagues are running. Sports, professional, collegiate and high school are deader than dead. Meanwhile, I’m guessing the NFL will cancel the Draft, or, at the very least, it won’t be presented as originally planned. My guess it’ll probably be held in a studio with one representative at a table for each team, no players, with picks being made over the phone and players notified via teleconferencing while streamed live.
    This is what I'm imagining as well.

Nfl announced that the Draft will be pushed back until at least mid may.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Tennessee has resigned Tannehill...so we can pretty much cross them off the Brady list.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

NFL News

- The NFLPA approved the new CBA. The new NFL salary cap will be $198.2 million this season. NFL players revenue will rise to 48% and the cap will spike accordingly from 2021 onward.

- The CBA also will see an expanded playoff deal happen in 2020. There will be 14 teams in the playoffs instead of 12. Instead of 2 teams getting 1st rd byes , its only going to be one team. If this was in place last year the LA Rams and Pittsburgh Steelers would have made it into playoffs.

- The Tennessee Titans resigned Ryan Tannehill to a 4 year extension worth $118 million and $62 million in guaranteed money. This deal is significant for 2 reasons as this allows the Titans to franchise tag Derrick Henry and also puts to rest rumors of Tom Brady.

- Jacksonville Jaguars today traded Calais Campbell (DE) to the Baltimore Ravens. Campbell's age and cap number was a concern after the team had franchised tagged Yannick Ngakoue (DE). The Ravens sent a 5th rd pick to the Jaguars for Campbell and signed him to a new 2 year extension worth $26 million. With $20 million guaranteed.

- The Colts announced that they have convinced Anthony Castonzo (LT) to return for 2 more seasons. Castonzo was considering retirement but he signed a 2 year $33 million extension to return for 2 more seasons. Considered the 7th ranked LT in the league it was important for Casronzo to return.

- The Patriots are close to working a new deal to keep Devin McCourty (CB) . The team drafted McCourty in 2010 and he has been a solid starter on defense for them and even logged 5 Ints in 2019. His highest total since 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - The Patriots are close to working a new deal to keep Devin McCourty (CB) . The team drafted McCourty in 2010 and he has been a solid starter on defense for them and even logged 5 Ints in 2019. His highest total since 2012.
    McCourty is important for the pass defense - he's quietly one of the better options at FS in the league, and his solid play allows the corners to take some risks knowing they have him there in case the gamble doesn't pay off.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Tennessee has resigned Tannehill...so we can pretty much cross them off the Brady list.
    I'm rather surprised. I mean, what Tannehill did with Tennessee last season could've been seen as a dead cat bounce, given his pedestrian years in Miami. I know he was a free agent, but the Titans should've waited another season to see if he was the real deal before committing to that sort of money.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    And it looks like SanFran isn't all that interested either. Brady's age puts him in serious uncharted territory as a starter, so it shouldn't be a surprise that a lot of teams aren't willing to take that kind of risk, even for someone with the career he had. I'm sure most teams think the operative word is 'had' and not 'has.'
    Dark does not mean deep.