Default Climate Change and Bad Weather - 2020 edition

Well, it's not even September yet and already we are up to Hurricane #13.

Is this a preview of how the next ten years might become?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Just thought about this today. Been on my mind for several years now actually, seeing climate change. I've heard of the wild fires in California spurred on by record breaking temperatures. It just reminds me how in the NY/NJ area summers have been far too hot and humid then past ones, punctuated by lots of sudden thunderstorms. It reminds me a lot of the climate in the Caribbean. It's come to a point where I've come to dread summers.

As for the other seasons, I don't know, but I miss when fall was fall and winter was winter. Y'know, leaves turning colors around mid September and (crazy enough) snowstorms from December up until March. In the last few years, it hasn't felt like that at all.

These accounts, I don't think they're anecdotal. Many posters here can probably account how in their part of the world the climate is getting hotter. It reminds me of that Twilight Zone episode, "The Midnight Sun" when the Earth is just getting closer and closer to the sun. Maybe we'll wake up and realize that we're actually getting further and further away.

Sorry everyone. Yeah, just this gets me depressed.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

The whole west coast is on fire.