Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Pfffshhhh, Pat Mahomes... Cam Newton in N.E.... Even I have to reverse my hate for Phil Rivers now he's the QB of the Colts and know what? Ain't nothin' happenin.
    NOW the League is proposing a 35% pay cut. Fans no fans, yo, I can't be the only one. Ain't gonna be no Football this year. Peoples fantasy teams gonna be torpedo'ed over a singled positive test... Please, hate to see it.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I know that Reid will try to get Mahomes to throw it away and not scramble as much. I mean he nearly went out on a bad QB sneak in regular season. So the team likely will be pushing for Mahomes to throw the ball away more than trying to scramble and keep a play alive.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

NE is getting it's swag on.

ŁĒTŠgøPÄTŠ items are be officially printed.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

No one's talking about Desean Jackson's stupid comments?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    No one's talking about Desean Jackson's stupid comments?
    A colossal **** up on his part, plain and simple. The only reason he wasn’t cut was because the Eagles foolishly set a precedent for keeping players who say stupid **** after Riley Cooper was kept despite having blurted the n-word at a country-western concert in 2013.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

According to a report from CBS Sportsline , Washington on Monday will announce the retirement of the Redskins name. The team has said they will keep their colors the same but all Native American imagery will be retired.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/w...AtspODY5zt3sdc

The team had the Redskins name since 1933 after they moved from Boston.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    According to a report from CBS Sportsline , Washington on Monday will announce the retirement of the Redskins name. The team has said they will keep their colors the same but all Native American imagery will be retired.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/w...AtspODY5zt3sdc

The team had the Redskins name since 1933 after they moved from Boston.
    Dan Snyder will be remembered as the way George Preston Marshall was regarding integration... not as a hero for changing the name, but as a villain for having to be FORCED to change the name.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Dan Snyder will be remembered as the way George Preston Marshall was regarding integration... not as a hero for changing the name, but as a villain for having to be FORCED to change the name.
    And that only happened when his bottom line was directly affected.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And that only happened when his bottom line was directly affected.
    In both instances. JFK put the squeeze on Marshall, and sponsors have done so with Chainsaw Dan.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    In both instances. JFK put the squeeze on Marshall, and sponsors have done so with Chainsaw Dan.
    From what I have been reading the one that finally tilted the scales was FedEx. Not only was the stadium carrying their name, the company was also a minority owner. That was a lot of money threatening to walk.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The Redskins pro shop has a 30% off sale going on right now. I looked at finding a T-shirt just for preservation's sake but **** if even with the discount those damn things aren't still expensive AND not a whole lot of interesting designs either.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

After Washington changes it's nickname, Dan Snyder's gonna have a tough time choosing the new moniker, thanks to a trademark squatter:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...er/ar-BB16EGDG

Which brings up the question of why he hadn't trademarked other names all along. They now deserve whatever sorry name they are left with.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

According to a report Snyder is leaning towards Warriors and was gonna name an Arena football team that at one point he was gonna do. So we could see that. Many players are pushing the Redtails or Red Wolves name.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Which brings up the question of why he hadn't trademarked other names all along. They now deserve whatever sorry name they are left with.
    My guess is that Snyder never thought he'd change the name, after all, he was on record vowing he wouldn't, now he's in dire straits. Couldn't happen to a better cretin.